Ipswich Town 5 West Ham Utd 1 (31/01/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

stubbsy07

Re: Ipswich Town F.C. vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by stubbsy07 »

What is it with Baldock? Does BFS not rate him? Better than the carthorse Cole.
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

It was coming, but we are still top so let's not panic.
But...
what surprises me is that this is not really a typical Allardyce team. Yes, it plays it long and cautiously but we don't do the things that Bolton used to do:
1. Defend in the trenches - lines of players marking tightly, tackling physically and throwing bodies in front of shots etc
2. Smash teams at set-pieces - bully keepers, co-ordinate runs, get headers in from all over the box.
3. Play tactically - defend and concentrate for the key passages such as the first five minutes of a game and the last five minutes of a game or when you have just lost a goal.

It's strange. Our lot don't seem to be learning Sam's lessons. We are proving tough to beat overall but that's because the division is so crap and we have a better squad. The fight and discipline of a typical Allardyce team just aren't there.
Why?
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

prophet:marginal wrote:Image
Dan!

Dan! Dan! Dan!

Daaaaan!!!!
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

Matt of iron wrote:Oh, and Ipswich fans are the muggiest morons in the world.
Worse than Reading?
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

I knew the second half of the season would be difficult...teams having played us can push up from the start, knowing we have not got the pace to escape from our half. It isnt the defenders...they are adequate, it is the midfield's inability to retain posession and lack of quick players to get an attack going...oh, and Nolan's ever presence in a set up clearly not suited to get the best from him.

Is Vaz Te going to be the quick playert we need? Cause if not new strikers aint the answer.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Hammer Matty wrote: Worse than Reading?
Wasn't at Reading but basically they played **** music they danced to after they scored, made no noise whatsoever despite beating us 5-1 and about 5 15 year olds tried to wind us up.

It was frankly hilarious watching our support ruining them
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

I'd rather have lost 5-1 and have our support, than theirs was proper dead.
stubbsy07

Post by stubbsy07 »

Our home support is dead as well.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

stubbsy07 wrote:Our home support is dead as well.
Not when we are winning 5-1 against the top team in the division it sure as f*** wouldn't be.
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

stubbsy07 wrote:Our home support is dead as well.
Not compared to that, worse atmosphere I've experienced I reckon considering the circumstances.
Anyway we were quality second half, proud of our support tonight.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

We were worse than awfully terrible, and lookied as tho nobody could be ar$ed to be out there. BFS needs to change things asap!!!!
truth be told we have been since the start of the second half v brum. we've been dogshit since.. scored three goals from open play in six games and deserved nothing in any game we've played. Anyone who saw how we set-up at reading, derby and tonight could see we're all wrong and lost the game from the start - we're now back to a "full-strength" side but perform even worse.

I've had a ****ing awfull month watching this team of no-hopers and I dont feel any more confident on what they will put together for us on saturday - are we going to learn from this defeat any more than the whackings from reading & derby- well on tonights evidence you'd have to say no.
issi

Post by issi »

hammer2192 wrote:Also I feel for the travelling support tonight, I dont think a refund will happen but an apology is the least they can do.
To be honest, coming away from the game I felt better than I did coming away from Brighton, Derby or Portsmouth and we won 2 of them. The writing has been on the wall for sometime a game like this was on the cards. The support was back to more like a WHU away support second half, maybe I am an old fart, but it aint all about picking up points anyway we can to me.
Faubert's face when we sang, top of the league and ****ing s***, what a picture :lol: didn't seem to appreciate that it was a fact.
Jimmyneighbour

One thing brilliant about the Ipswich game

Post by Jimmyneighbour »

....in the face of adversity, what fantastic support! At the beginning of the second half especially, 20 minutes non stop noise. Very proud to be amongst it. Take a bow all present. I sometimes don't love my team but always love being a supporter. No Nolan,Cole or Faubert can ever take that away.
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Re: One thing brilliant about the Ipswich game

Post by stu1 »

Jimmyneighbour wrote:....in the face of adversity, what fantastic support! At the beginning of the second half especially, 20 minutes non stop noise. Very proud to be amongst it. Take a bow all present. I sometimes don't love my team but always love being a supporter. No Nolan,Cole or Faubert can ever take that away.
Harsh
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

The one thing that will never be taken away from this great club, is it's amazing support :thup:
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

ironstu wrote:The one thing that will never be taken away from this great club, is it's amazing support :thup:
..... at away games. I would never describe our home support as amazing.
The _Joker

Post by The _Joker »

Jimmyneighbour wrote:....in the face of adversity, what fantastic support! At the beginning of the second half especially, 20 minutes non stop noise. Very proud to be amongst it. Take a bow all present. I sometimes don't love my team but always love being a supporter. No Nolan,Cole or Faubert can ever take that away.
I :thup: was 25 mins I think
hammer2192

Post by hammer2192 »

Great to hear, that's what makes me proud to be a West Ham fan, the fans who traveled tonight deserve a lot of praise for the atmosphere and going through that dreadful performance by the team.
issi

Post by issi »

Oh, by the way, looked to me like we have spent so long playing hoofball ( yes hoofball BFS ) that we we were clueless what to do with the ball on the floor. Good support though :thup:
The _Joker

Post by The _Joker »

Shocking performance!

I can't think of one player who did well, It really was that bad!!

Cole was up on his own, he had one good chance which he should of scored, but hit the post.

All round it was clueless football, the players lacked fight, you would think the players were from the Conference league the way they played tonight.

Even Green had a bad game, at one point he kicked the ball straight at the Ipswich striker, when it was quite obvious the ball would be blocked.

A very worrying performance indeed.

Positives today are we signed some good players and we're still top of the league.