Ipswich Town 5 West Ham Utd 1 (31/01/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Gazzaloz
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Re: Ipswich Town F.C. vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by Gazzaloz »

hammer2192 wrote:Looks like we're the main topic on Drivetime after last nights result, tune into Talksport.
I'd rather listen to Sam's interview.
TheAlmightyAmmer

Post by TheAlmightyAmmer »

hammer2192 wrote:Looks like we're the main topic on Drivetime after last nights result, tune into Talksport.
No ta I think I'd end up breaking the radio
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Half hour of Durham slagging us off getting irate punters to phone in....so when they get the upper hand in the argument he can fade them out........
Jon
Has liked: 102 likes
Total likes: 142 likes

Post by Jon »

Just got off the phone to another Hammer who's been going for far too long..

'Doesn't matter who wears the claret and blue, we can and will always have the 'potential' to lose 5-1 to anyone! You could put the Barca team in claret and blue and they would still succumb to a horror show!!'

Never a word truer spoken.

:D
Poshammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Poshammer »

Jon wrote:Just got off the phone to another Hammer who's been going for far too long..

'Doesn't matter who wears the claret and blue, we can and will always have the 'potential' to lose 5-1 to anyone! You could put the Barca team in claret and blue and they would still succumb to a horror show!!'

Never a word truer spoken.

:D

Erm, Barca do play in claret & blue
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

Hammer Matty wrote:Next time Big Sam gets asked about the West Ham way and he responds with the usual "what, losing?", the reporter should say "So what about the Big Sam way? losing 5-1 to Ipswich?" :lol:
Fair point...
EssexIron
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 54 likes

Post by EssexIron »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:had a freebie in the farmers end which im glad i didnt take up - would have been insufferable and the journey home would have been a nightmare with a gloating carrot cruncher - he text me this morning - was it all a dream
I did take up the option of the ticket in the home end then had to travel home with two Ipswich fans. I was in the south stand and was impressed by our fans second half showing. Just a shame I couldnt join in and had to sit there freezing watching you lot making your own entertainment/fun on a **** night. Had **** at work all day too, barstards.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Anyone got a link to the highlights/goals? Cheers
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Yea Why Not wrote:Anyone got a link to the highlights/goals? Cheers
Are you glutton for punishment or what? :lol:
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Poshammer wrote: Erm, Barca do play in claret & blue
Should've gone to Specsavers. Barcelona's colours are nowhere near ours. :wink:
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

the pink palermo wrote:

1. Faubert is not a fullback .
2. George Macartney is at best ordinary , certainly a shadow of the player we had a few years ago .
3. Winston Reid would not make my pub team .And we've got injuries at the moment .
Agree on 1 & 2 but think Reid still has potential. We have certainly winged it so far with a lot of our results since the end of Nov proving that we can be got at - at will if the opposition are not too scared to have a go. Although G&S have done quite well with this window (best business imo was Tomkins) - it is clear that most managers will be targetting one of our weak links - the full backs. I'm sure things could have been different if Demel had been fit but he aint and I can't be too optimistic that we'll get anymore than 5 or 6 games out of him. JOB would appear to be out of favour and as you say - having Faubert there is a joke.
Personally, I'd have sacrificed Maynard and gone all out for Ridgewell and maybe tried to secure another experienced right back on loan.....
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Believer , in fairness I was harsh on Winston last night . :oops:

Mustn't post when I'm in a bad mood , he may be ok at this level but I have huge reservations if he will ever be good enough in the top flight - although I'd happily see him prove me wrong .As another poster pointed out , perhaps he was under orders to launch it forward last night .
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

the pink palermo wrote:Believer , in fairness I was harsh on Winston last night . :oops:

Mustn't post when I'm in a bad mood , he may be ok at this level but I have huge reservations if he will ever be good enough in the top flight - although I'd happily see him prove me wrong .As another poster pointed out , perhaps he was under orders to launch it forward last night .
I dont do away games anymore but by the sounds of it, hardly anyone was exempt from criticism last night. What gnarls me is that he (SA) batters the stats issue constantly and yet he fails to see what just about every supporter of the club sees week in week out and that is that Nolan is not the mainstay auto pick that he currently is. I'd love to see the stats for him over the last 10 games as in distance covered, passes made, failed passes, tackles made and won, assists etc and I'd say that compared to for example Noble last night, he should have been subbed last night . Now I'm not sure whether Noble was injured but if not, to haul him off after his performances this season is rich IMO.

The ironic thing is that he will play on saturday again and then the next game and the next etc, score a goal in one of these games and his selection will be deemed justified.

Milwall although losing their last few games have apparently played quite well. They will be up for it on saturday. We should be going 442 with Maynard & Baldock up front. We should have Vaz Te on the left and Faubert on the right with Nobes and Collison in the middle. We should have a go at these and show why we are top of the table and they're relegation fodder. But we all know that he will pick the same 11 again with Cole up top on his own and we will probably do no better than a score draw. It is becoming more than a bit tedious....

Win at all costs is all very well if you are indeed winning - thing is we dont do that much recently...
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Sam should be judged at the end of the season, but as an interim valuation (not a judgement!) he is certainly at fault for not trying a midfield combination that excludes Nolan.

I can only surmise that as his marquee signing he is giving the guy every opportunity to score the goals which will justify his purchase, despite the fact that have no wide raiders which are essential for his style of play.

Guilty or not?
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

the pink palermo wrote:Believer , in fairness I was harsh on Winston last night .

The old boy I go with summed up Winston.

''He is a monster in the air but absolutely positively in every way sjape or form **** on the ground.'' :lol:

We think he isn't a fan.
stubbsy07

Post by stubbsy07 »

Winston Reid will never be good enough in the Prem. Luckily though we're not in the Prem.
Absentee Hammer

Re: Ipswich v West Ham Match thread

Post by Absentee Hammer »

Dan1326 wrote:Hopefully I will finally get a winning match thread.

I would play an unchanged team from the one against Forest today.
Dan, just remember, you can start no more match threads this season.....PLEASE!
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

irving boleyn wrote:Sam should be judged at the end of the season, but as an interim valuation (not a judgement!) he is certainly at fault for not trying a midfield combination that excludes Nolan.

I can only surmise that as his marquee signing he is giving the guy every opportunity to score the goals which will justify his purchase, despite the fact that have no wide raiders which are essential for his style of play.

Guilty or not?
So we were on the verge of going 5 points clear on Tuesday yet Sam should be experimenting?
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Poshammer wrote:
Erm, Barca do play in claret & blue
Never let the truth get in the way of someone trying to be funny though, so they say. :lol:
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Big Sam is a hammer Big Sam is a hammer la la la la..la

At last one of Big Sams teams plays the "West Ham" way , cold tuesday night away , getting done 5-1 :raver: