Peterborough Utd V West Ham Utd: MATCH POSTPONED (11/02/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Re: Peterborough United V West Ham United Match Thread

Post by Wembley1966 »

brownout wrote:Most up to date info I've been able to find says the away terrace will be handed over to contractors for demolition at the end of February - so it loks as if we will have a rare opportunity to watch a game from a terrace.
They'll be doing everything to make it go ahead - a postponement past the end of Feb could cost them £70,000 - and just a seated allocation of 1,500 for us!
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Wembley1966 wrote: So a postponement past the end of Feb could cost them £70,000 - and just a seated allocation of 1,500 for us!
& give them the headache of more away tickets already being sold than the new possible allocation AND the home ends being sold out..
giantsteps

Post by giantsteps »

My weather app for pboro is telling me snow for friday but sunny for Saturday. Hopefully any snow may get thawed out so I'm trying to remain positive.

I'm quite lucky as I got cheap train tickets but I know some of my lot paid a bit so we still might go down there on the day, similar to what we did with Brighton when the fixture got moved to the Monday
BMLGirl
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by BMLGirl »

giantsteps wrote:My weather app for pboro is telling me snow for friday but sunny for Saturday. Hopefully any snow may get thawed out so I'm trying to remain positive.

I'm quite lucky as I got cheap train tickets but I know some of my lot paid a bit so we still might go down there on the day, similar to what we did with Brighton when the fixture got moved to the Monday
Not the snow that's the problem, it's the frozen ground.
askimhammer

Post by askimhammer »

richneal wrote: ....Now, granted that Millwall are utterly useless, but keeping Faubert in an attacking role after what was probably his best-ever performance for us seems like a no-brainer for any rational manager.

Let's see what BFS does then . . .
LOL :lol:
shammy

Post by shammy »

Lets go with no-one up front.
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

marcushammer wrote: Did you buy from the trainline ? if so i believe you can get a refund
Yes - that would be nice.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

You can see the pitch behind the new Posh signing, covered in snow and not a tarpaulin, although does the snow keeps the frost off ! ?

Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Pop Robson wrote:does the snow keeps the frost off ! ?
IIRC that was the theory in the days before undersoil heating etc, one reason that you see recordings of old games where they just cleared the lines and played with an orange ball I assume. These days I guess what we need to worry about more is the terraces and local streets, didn't we have a couple of games called off in recent seasons where the pitch was ok but the roads and pavements were ruled "too slippery"?
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

Hampshire Hammer wrote: IIRC that was the theory in the days before undersoil heating etc, one reason that you see recordings of old games where they just cleared the lines and played with an orange ball I assume. These days I guess what we need to worry about more is the terraces and local streets, didn't we have a couple of games called off in recent seasons where the pitch was ok but the roads and pavements were ruled "too slippery"?
Wolves at home a couple of season ago, I think it was Jan 2010, Sky showed the ice free pavements in E13.

While Man Utd in the LC was worse and the game went ahead !
Chin from ITBS

Post by Chin from ITBS »

From my mate, a Peterborough season ticket holder:

It’s correct that we have no undersoil heating – but we’ve had the covers on the pitch all week and being a sell-out the club will be doing everything they can to get the game on. The chairman posted on his twitter feed last night that he was about to catch his flight over for the game (from the US), so he obviously feels confident it’s going to go ahead still!

I think the pitch will be fine – the bigger issue might be the bothersome health & safety people worrying about the pavements etc around the place.
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by upton girlie »

I'm going up Friday night and after a few warming fruit based drinks, I'll scale the walls of Peterborough FC and attack the pitch with my hairdryer (not the hotel one, they are crap).

Problem sorted :raver:
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

upton girlie wrote:I'm going up Friday night and after a few warming fruit based drinks, I'll scale the walls of Peterborough FC and attack the pitch with my hairdryer (not the hotel one, they are crap).

Problem sorted :raver:
I think you'll need to start today !

indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

Pop Robson wrote: Wolves at home a couple of season ago, I think it was Jan 2010, Sky showed the ice free pavements in E13.
That was nothing to do with the weather. It was called off because we had no fit striker able to play :lol:

IIRC Cole was already ruled out, then Franco picked up an injury in training, so the club did whatever they could to call the game off.
yabush

Post by yabush »

for those in Asia,
goalTV will have a live broadcast of the game :raver:
riksdodgydeals

Post by riksdodgydeals »

green
joey tomka reid linda
faubs noble collison taylor
carew baldock

save cole for soton game, i would also start diop ahead of collison but assume he is still out, the other i would try is joey in for collison if demel is fit for the rb slot
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

riksdodgydeals wrote:green
joey tomka reid linda
faubs noble collison taylor
carew baldock

save cole for soton game, i would also start diop ahead of collison but assume he is still out, the other i would try is joey in for collison if demel is fit for the rb slot
Carew???? Don't you go to games or see transfer news? Unbelievable!
Davev
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 55 likes

Post by Davev »

When would the make the decision? Surely not on the day as many of us will be going up early on?

Also, rearranging it to the following week on the 18th Feb could be an option as both of us are out of the cup.
riksdodgydeals

Post by riksdodgydeals »

clawhammer on Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:32 pm

I havent seen anything on Carew have we flogged him?? Do you mean the fact we have bought Maynard and Vaz Te...I forgot they are huge target men...
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Davev wrote:When would the make the decision? Surely not on the day as many of us will be going up early on?
They've been known to cancel a few hours before the match, however with the current weather conditions they'll have a pretty good idea of the state of the pitch by Friday - it's not going to get above freezing until Friday afternoon and then only at 1C it's not going to thaw a frozen pitch. Saturday's the same and although sunny intervals, the sun ain't going to get to all of the pitch and not warm enough to thaw.

They'll do everything they can to get the pitch OK - this will be their largest gate of the season so will want it to go ahead.

The last thing the police need is 5,000+ away fans (quite a few in the home end/seats as well) being pissed off at travelling and being all over town rather than in a football ground. If the clubs can sort out playing the following week, they'll make the decision before Saturday.