Blackpool 1 West Ham Utd 4 (21/02/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Re: Blackpool vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by Morocco Mole »

Devils Advocate wrote:When the red card came out, I wonder if Collison started to head straight for the bench?
Hooking Collison for the second time in two games would have been a real kick in the teeth for the kid.

It's the little things like that which set Sam apart in my opinion. Brilliant man-management again from the big fella.... :thup:
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

Who was replaced for Lansbury to come on last night, was it Maynard?
Hainault Hammer

Post by Hainault Hammer »

Hammer Matty wrote:Who was replaced for Lansbury to come on last night, was it Maynard?
No , it was Faubert
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

hammer2192

Post by hammer2192 »

In such an ecstatic mood after last nights result, hopefully a season defining win!
Does anyone have a link to Big Sam's interview neither sky or bbc seem to be showing one?
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Morocco Mole wrote: Hooking Collison for the second time in two games would have been a real kick in the teeth for the kid.

It's the little things like that which set Sam apart in my opinion. Brilliant man-management again from the big fella.... :thup:
i'd say he would have been an ass if he took collison out again, not brilliant for not doing it.
thick-soup

Post by thick-soup »

Pennies worth.....
Green doesn't come out of his box, gets rounded by the player who scores....2-2 and squeeky bum time!!!................
or
Green commits to challenge outside the box...risking possible red....keeps score at as is and hopes team can hold on!!..........

Don't condone the foul.........but i think thats what you call taking one for the team!!! :wink:
Morocco Mole

Post by Morocco Mole »

warp wrote:
i'd say he would have been an ass if he took collison out again, not brilliant for not doing it.
Not really. Collison was the spare man in midfield and it would have been a logical move tactically to keep a flat four across the middle and the natural balance of Faubert and Larry Blackmon in the wide positions.....
Ticket 2 Ryde

Post by Ticket 2 Ryde »

Got to say about last night was Blackpool made the seating really random by telling everyone to sit anywhere you wanted so that made it a free for all and it was good fun everyone getting all together and having a laugh. I had god knows how many people jumping on me each time we scored.
Think the seating situation made for some good fun.. Also did anyone else notice the signs saying warning don't bounce up and down in the stand?
Then everyone did just that... :raver:
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

[quote="Morocco Mole"
Not really. Collison was the spare man in midfield and it would have been a logical move tactically to keep a flat four across the middle and the natural balance of Faubert and Larry Blackmon in the wide positions.....[/quote]

wasn't it a flat four already with Tomkins as the 5th midfielder playing in front of the back four ? Collison in the middle with Noble and then Faubert ,Vaz Te wide and getting up quick to support Maynard.
Morocco Mole

Post by Morocco Mole »

taffhammer wrote:
wasn't it a flat four already with Tomkins as the 5th midfielder playing in front of the back four ? Collison in the middle with Noble and then Faubert ,Vaz Te wide and getting up quick to support Maynard.
If you like, yes.

However, once Faubert went off, we no longer had a natural right-sided player in the midfield. Point I was making was that Faubert wasn't necessarily the obvious choice to come off given the circumstances.....
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Morocco Mole wrote:Not really. Collison was the spare man in midfield and it would have been a logical move tactically to keep a flat four across the middle and the natural balance of Faubert and Larry Blackmon in the wide positions.....
:lol:
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Morocco Mole wrote: If you like, yes.

However, once Faubert went off, we no longer had a natural right-sided player in the midfield. Point I was making was that Faubert wasn't necessarily the obvious choice to come off given the circumstances.....
Fair point.
mattyD
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by mattyD »

FWIW I don't think Green had to come out that far, there was a player pushing the attacker wide, narrowing the angle, Green could have held his ground. It's bad decision making. It's also doubtful whether he was the last man as the other defender was chasing back. the attacker pushed the ball wide, not round Green. No point challenging it though.
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

mattyD wrote:FWIW I don't think Green had to come out that far, there was a player pushing the attacker wide, narrowing the angle, Green could have held his ground. It's bad decision making. It's also doubtful whether he was the last man as the other defender was chasing back. the attacker pushed the ball wide, not round Green. No point challenging it though.

Still,no harm done eh.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

When Phillips scored and Green was sent off, I kept thinking, "Sam said his west ham wouldn't throw away 2 goal leads, he didn't lie to us did he?" Sam never lies.
mattyD
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 316 likes

Post by mattyD »

steptoe61 wrote:

Still,no harm done eh.
ha ha, no, none at all, made it all the more enjoyable in fact. I only carried on listening because we didn't have spare goalie.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Morocco Mole wrote: However, once Faubert went off, we no longer had a natural right-sided player in the midfield. Point I was making was that Faubert wasn't necessarily the obvious choice to come off given the circumstances.....
tactically, yes, but from a man-managing point of view, keeping collison in was the least fat sam could do, in my opinin.
Morocco Mole

Post by Morocco Mole »

warp wrote:
tactically, yes, but from a man-managing point of view, keeping collison in was the least fat sam could do, in my opinin.
I can think of at least two of our recent managers who wouldn't have given Collison's mental state a second thought....
Last edited by Morocco Mole on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goldsmith

Post by Goldsmith »

Just got back home... Probably my all time favourite away trip! Fantastic result, cracking atmosphere and a great laugh :thup: