West Ham Utd 1 Watford 1 (07/03/2012)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

GeorgeParris'Pet

Re: West Ham Utd v Watford: match thread

Post by GeorgeParris'Pet »

issi wrote: Cole has proven he can score goals in the Prem and Maynard was sought after because he is a proven goal scorer in this division. Do you disagree that both can perform better than they are at present then.
Both have proven they can score given some half decent service.

Between Cole/Maynard/Baldock last night they had just one and a half chances. Do you not think poor service is the reason they didn't hit the back of the net?

Strikers need service. They got scraps at best. Given the lack of service how did you expect them to score...?
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:I think that's why Sam Baldock gets a good rub of the green in the way of criticism - because he's a little cutey pie.

Nice little lad, harmless, cute little face like a little smurf, which makes it hard for people to objectively criticise him.

They want him to do really well, which I think clouds judgements.
Think this is called Freddie Sears syndrome.
issi

Post by issi »

GeorgeParris'Pet wrote: Both have proven they can score given some half decent service.

Between Cole/Maynard/Baldock last night they had just one and a half chances. Do you not think poor service is the reason they didn't hit the back of the net?

Strikers need service. They got scraps at best. Given the lack of service how did you expect them to score...?
15 shots 9 on target and our 3 strikers get 1.5 chances between them.I do take your point about service.
Ironza

Post by Ironza »

Went last night - regarding Sam's comments about 'having Ricky Lambert'.......

I'm trying to remember a clear cut chance that fell to Cole or Maynard and can not think of one! The Faubert chance in my opinion at first glance looked at sitter but feel he may have seen it late. I think his comments may be aimed at most players - not just the forwards.

Second half we was poor - I'm glad in a way he didn't take Faubert off because that would have probably resulted in sarcastic cheers........Maybe Sam protecting the player? He didn't have a great game but in my opinion has has had a decent season.

Nolan was decent first half but went missing in the second for me. After they had scored, we looked completely lost of any ideas.....have to say it was a terrific strike that put them 1 up.