West Ham Utd 1 Watford 1 (07/03/2012)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

MarshyWHU

Re: West Ham Utd v Watford: match thread

Post by MarshyWHU »

Not even going to mention the football.

The lino on the chicken run side was quality, struggling to reach 5ft and took all our piss taking in a good spirit. I started 'Frodo baggins in disguise', but whoever started 'Snow white, he's ****ing shagged snow white' deserves a round of applause :lol:
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Watford had a gameplan that they stuck to very well.

We should have put away our good chances but still seems to be a problem.

Onwards and upwards,
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

Romford wrote:Missed Jack's drive in the centre of the park....

Lack anyone who can take a player on....

Although their keeper played well...we didn't work him hard enough.

Bottom line....we aren't that good and its a very poor league.

Thoutht Vaz Te introduced some much needed drive and seemed far more positive than Taylor when he came on. The 2 neutrals I took to the game today both thought he was our best player going forward.

Don't know how Faubert stayed on.. thought he was anonymous first half and rubbish second half.

Baldock's energy up front seemed to force a few mistakes. I think he works better with Cole than Maynard. From what I've seen Maynard seems to work better up top in a 4-5-1/4-3-3 with two direct wingers.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Romford wrote:Missed Jack's drive in the centre of the park....

Lack anyone who can take a player on....

Although their keeper played well...we didn't work him hard enough.

Bottom line....we aren't that good and its a very poor league.

Steady on, some would call that heresy.

:wink:
Hello there!

Post by Hello there! »

marteau en france wrote:but a scared team at home, that just seem to lose the plot for much of the game... :arry:

seems to me the crowd have a lot to answer for, booing and all that hsit bad form.

I`m surprised they bother playing at all considering the terrible bunch of morons they have to play in front of.

By far he worst thing about the game for me was having to listen to the appalling cretins who **** themselves with fury whenever the slightest thing goes wrong. The same enfeebled halfwits who bellow "shooot" when the ball is 5 yards from the nearest player. The weak minded, entitlement fuelled fools who hurl the most foul abuse at our own players for even the slightest error, as if it were intended as a personal insult to them, like spoiled children, screaming because they`ve been denied a sweet, unable to focus their barely developed minds on any more than their own immediate desires.

What terrible people you are. Pumped full of low grade carbohydrate, an endless stream of ludicrous footballing expertise spewing forth like a volcano of lager scented clueless froth, then leaving, enraged, hurling your tickets to the floor, with 20 minutes left to play, while your team is second in the league with a game in hand.

You unworthy toads,
you hopeless infants,
you
are
a
disgrace.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Matt of iron wrote:Watford had a gameplan that they stuck to very well.

We should have put away our good chances but still seems to be a problem.

Onwards and upwards,
Every club not managed by Avram Grant has a game play. They were not like Palace that put every man behind the ball. They played a bog standard away tactic of defending and hitting on the counter. Hardly rocket science.
Udonhammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Udonhammer »

A perfectly executed and eloquent rant , I would have taken a draw just to read that !!
abel

Post by abel »

If we had Wayne Routlaledge and Jobi Mcanuff and kept them for home games we would have been promoted by now.

Instead we have this utter joke of a player - Julian Faubert. In all my life I will never see a worse crosser of the ball, genuinley terrible.

Its a shame because he tries hard, all credit to him for not hiding, but he's just unbelievably bad and has been all season.
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

Up the Junction wrote:Big Sam said in the presser after the game that if we had Lambert up front we'd have won the league by now. He's not happy with his forwards.

For the record, both Maynard and Wee Sam were poor tonight :lol:
But surely Little Sam deserves a start? He has been messed about since his injury. I think he closes down defenders as much as Maynard. As I said before the game though I would like to see Maynard and Baldock together. Having both of them buzzing around now that would really put pressure on visiting teams.
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

And... Maybe the team would catch on to keeping the ball on the deck more. Not so tempting without Cole there? Unless BFS is telling them it is okay to hoof the ball forward? He wouldn't, would he? BFS's biggest mistake for me has been signing Nolan and making him skipper. Not so much signing Nolan. After that not the strikers he has signed but the fact that we don't have a really good wide player other than maybe Taylor who has gone off the boil second half of the season.
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

Sh*t! Not good. Even though most of us anticipated the usual 'great away win followed by a disappointing home result' as we have seen it time and time again, it still hurts.

I really don't fancy that Leeds game so Donny at home is now must win for me. Either that or somebody needs to slip into the Saints players canteen and cook them a special lasagne. Because they are clearly not gona allow us to keep getting away with results like this.
Cadenza

Post by Cadenza »

Stepney wrote:I really don't fancy that Leeds game so Donny at home is now must win for me. Either that or somebody needs to slip into the Saints players canteen and cook them a special lasagne. Because they are clearly not gona allow us to keep getting away with results like this.
I'd be shipping off a lasagne instead to the Reading players canteen, Saints can win the title as far as I care, I'm more worried about Reading overtaking us and then being stuck in the playoffs against some crappy Palace side who go on a late run..
Bergen Hammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Bergen Hammer »

ParisTheHammer wrote: So their, there or they're. Whatever one is correct you can use.
Give this man his tag :lol:
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

Cadenza wrote:
I'd be shipping off a lasagne instead to the Reading players canteen, Saints can win the title as far as I care, I'm more worried about Reading overtaking us and then being stuck in the playoffs against some crappy Palace side who go on a late run..
Thats a fair point. Any hammers fans in the Berkshire area fancy making a few quid?!
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

How weird, we've always been a team
Who were half decent at home, but **** on the road...

Why are we average at home?? The press would like to say its because of the expectancy of the crowd and the pressure...we all know that's b*llocks

Away from home, teams play a more open game and we exploit it...at our gaff they don't, and we don't have the "beneyoun" type player to open them up

All that said, win our game in hand...and we are top...beat reading, and everything is rosey....also got to remember, Southampton an reading have each other to play...one or both of them will drop points there

Things could be a lot worse...
one mcavennie

Post by one mcavennie »

Win, lose or draw last night, we are gonna get slaughtered week in week out in the prem. Unless we spend a load - a real load
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

.....and for the morons in the BML singing PDC's name when we went 1-0 down, you should hang your heads. No-one is going to dispute it was a poor performance (at home again) but grow-up. We're exactly where we want to be in terms of league position and we are currently on a run of just 1 defeat in 10 games (inc 6 wins) and if we carry on that form we will be promoted from this dog-awful league. No-one said it was going to be pretty getting out of it, but needs must. I was disappointed by last nights performance and result, but calling for Di Canio after a goal is conceded is stupidity. Im sure Sam will be giving the players a hard time on the training ground before this saturday so lets hope it shows in the game. :crest:
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

abel wrote:Its a shame because he tries hard, all credit to him for not hiding, but he's just unbelievably bad and has been all season.
No he hasnt
shammy

Post by shammy »

Its no good saying teams come to the Boleyn and "park the bus" thats always happened when the team has been good. The great 80-81 season, every team came and played 10 behind the ball but we had quality creative midfielders who could open them up like a can of beans. Noble is now our most creative, he would have been the Geoff Pike of the old team, great grafter and decent player but just passed it to the creative players.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

"]
ParisTheHammer wrote:So their, there or they're. Whatever one is correct you can use.
You been reading Benni Mcarthys West Ham autobiography aintcha

Eats shoots & leaves