West Ham Utd 1 Doncaster Rovers 1 (10/03/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Faubert's Boot
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 26 likes

Re: West Ham United Vs Doncaster Rovers: Match Thread

Post by Faubert's Boot »

oh dear doesn't sound great, cheers :thup:
Gummi

Post by Gummi »

Does anyone have highlights?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

GUMMI wrote:Does anyone have highlights?
There weren't any ???

:lol:
llanelliiron

Post by llanelliiron »

another shambles again yesterday haven't read thought the posts so more than likely i'll be saying the same as others .
what i couldnt believe was how we looked as if we had an extra 3 players in midfield 1st half and then no one 2nd half . i've seen more movement from a dummy in a shop window than or team 2nd half yet there didn't seem as if nolan or BFS did anything about it .
putting collins on at the end was the icing on the cake we had a match winner in Maynard and the talent ( which for the life of me cant work out why we havent witnessed ) morrison sitting there waiting to get on .
Collins hasnt even met the players and gets thrown in ? doesnt make any sense to me
didnt want BFS in the 1st place and nothing has changed my mind
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

No I left them in the eighties
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

anyone know a hammer called Mr R J M Jones.? Walking to the match yesterday saw an HSBC credit card just at the end of southern road..no-one around or anything else discarded- figure it popped out of someone pocket? Anyways, I rang the bank up and cancelled it and its now ripped in four pieces and discarded down a drain In Green Street - if you know this bloke tell him to sleep easy :crest:
Essex bill

Post by Essex bill »

Faubert's Boot wrote:Any news on how long Vaz Te is out for?
According to Adzman on Twitter he's having a scan at 12:30 tomorrow and could face up to 3 weeks out.
Hockley Hammer
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

kthammer wrote: Whose idea is that modern football is about lumping long balls to a centre forward who can hardly move - who doesn't win headers and can't control the ball?
It's what happens when players lose confidence and don't want the ball and nobody wants to take it off them. the further away from them the ball is the less chance they will make a mistake and let somebody else get the blame instead.

Blaming Sam is ridiculous, i've seen the same football played time and time again in the last two seasons as soon as the pressure kicks in. Good players will demand the ball, lesser players just want to get rid of it. The easiest way is to lump it 50 yards.
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just the goals by the looks of it.
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

Who can sum that up in two words?

Absolute toilet/complete *****
Singaporeiron

Post by Singaporeiron »

First two games in 18 months for me (Living in Singapore and NO desire to come back) makes it difficult to follow follow and even comment given anything I see is off the TV. However having been back to watch Watford and DR whilst over in the UK I will comment as follows: The team have a seemingly large expectation when playing at home, they are and look nervous, playing away from home they seem more confident?. I wasn't impressed with them against Watford to be honest, and against DR on Saturday despite a promising 20 mins or so, overal not impressed at all. Two things stand our for me, 1. why play SB on the wing, he's not a winger, he's a goal poacher, but then again why play him for one or two games then shove him back on the bench for another 6/7 or 8, same as Cole, we don't seem to have a settled team one that will then gel and learn to play off each other, create, find and work the spaces and would result in more wins over draws. The second thing here is the amount of negativity despite being dissapointing we are not losing, its not pretty and far be it from me to say as Ive watched most on the TV, but its hasn't been most of the season, but we are still 2nd. Yes we have made the task harder but this is west ham, its never simple. Also Readings winning streak will come to an end, and WHU will put a little run together lets just hope its sooner rather than later, Leeds, Boro, Burnley and posh would be a great place to start
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

Oldun wrote:Anybody heard of the reason we played a left back at right back and a left midfield at left back.
Where was Obrien or Faubert?
Been trawling through the thread trying to find an answer to that myself.... I haven't found one, so I'll ask those who might be able to answer...

What the f*** was that starting line up about??????????

One of those weekends where I was away from snivelisation, so no radio or any coverage, heard the result, but nothing else, until this morning....started reading the newspaper reports from our game, and the one thing that stands out is the line up

Was it 3 at the back?
Please tell me Collison wasn't playing at full back.... if he wasn't, who the hell was?
Where was O'Brien? Faubert?
Going by the personnel, it looks like a 3-5-2, or even a 3-6-1

All week before the game I kept saying our key position is the holding midfielder role, the one Tomka has done well in, as it balances out the entire side, regardless of the rest of the formation, and that even at home having a player there allows the rest of the side to tick.... and how a balanced line up is more important than trying to crow-bar the best players in

I honestly have no idea how anyone could hope to produce a balanced side with the 11 players we started with. I can see a front pairing of Cole & Vaz Te, possibly, but after that I'm really struggling to see how the rest of that 11 would line up
Iron Mark
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Iron Mark »

4-5-1
McCartney right back, Taylor left
Collison right wing, Vaz Te left

Seemed to work until Vaz Te went off injured, then we were rubbish.
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

McCartney right back :lol:
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

derek zoolander wrote:-------------------Green---------------------

Faye-----------Stoke Man---------McCartney

--------------------Tomkins--------------------

----------Noble-------------Lansbury----------

Baldock---------------------------------Vaz Te
---------------Cole-------Maynard---------------
Wes should have given this a go like I said 8-)

1 up front (& while I often appreciate Carlton's work he's not exactly prolific even at this level) at home against ****ing Doncaster......................

Boring set up, boring team, boring result. We were set up to grind out a result at home against a team who are gash.

God help us.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

Iron Mark wrote:4-5-1
McCartney right back, Taylor left
Collison right wing, Vaz Te left

Seemed to work until Vaz Te went off injured, then we were rubbish.
Cheers :thup:

I suppose that makes some sort of sense. In terms of the back 4 anyway, if those were the only options available in defence
Jofwhufc

Post by Jofwhufc »

I don't agree with anybody that said 'Dioufy' ran the game for them. He was captain, took free kicks, corners etc and most of them were S**t. Yeah he ran with the ball a little but in no way did he boss it, he was just their best player and that says a lot about us. If he can be S**t and still have some think he did well we must have been poor. He's just bigger than their club thats all.

For me Faye was once again outstanding and should have been MOM. Tomkins was ok and I thought it was very funny when he played his 3 ball in a row to cole, again too long and out of play, and just as he did they announced him sponsors MOM :D
I think he has been triffic this year but that was a small bit of amusement.

Didn't understand the tactics from BFS. The new guy had trained for one day with us and gets thrown on and had no clue what to do when in possesion. Noble wasn't his usual self and Baldock struggled on the wing unsuprisingly. Seems to me he was a G&S signing purely because he was banging them in in League one. He doesn't fit in BFS's set up - real shame IMO as his movement and positions he finds are more advanced than hoofball!

A few off days and a lack of creativity after 15 mins. I really want Morrison to be introduced but I worry we are all expecting fireworks from him which may take some time.

Dust ourselves down and dig deep for the run-in I guess, was never going to be easy - we are WHU...
lukeWHU

Post by lukeWHU »

Jofwhufc wrote: The new guy had trained for one day with us and gets thrown on and had no clue what to do when in possesion. .
I suspect he was told to do exactly what he does when he play for Stoke. Whenever you get the ball look up and then hit it 50 yards in the direction of Carlton Cole....and dont worry if you forget the "look up" bit....."
Jofwhufc

Post by Jofwhufc »

You know how players dribble a little to the left, then a little to the right and shrug their shoulders in a 'ive got no options' kind of way. He did that within 2 mins of coming on. I fear he will fit in just fine...
CentenaryUpperHammer

Post by CentenaryUpperHammer »

Jofwhufc wrote:You know how players dribble a little to the left, then a little to the right and shrug their shoulders in a 'ive got no options' kind of way. He did that within 2 mins of coming on. I fear he will fit in just fine...

:lol:

As soon as Vaz Te went off we lost a lot. He was doing his job well. Tracking back aswell as pushing forward whereas Baldock hasn't got that tracking back mind due to the fact he is a striker. That let Diouf slot into that little gap and dictate their play a bit. I was half expecting Collison to go out left and Lansbury out right and push Baldock uptop with Cole when we were faltering. We let it go on and on until they scored which was inevitable. If we are going to get out this league we need to picking up points against these teams because if we don't the likes of Southampton/Reading/Cardiff will.