West Ham Utd 1 Doncaster Rovers 1 (10/03/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Re: West Ham United Vs Doncaster Rovers: Match Thread

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Bloke behind us kept on saying "come on get the second, then I can breathe", unfortunately he never got his wish and we all know what happened in second half.
He died? :lol:
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Bloke behind us kept on saying "come on get the second, then I can breathe", unfortunately he never got his wish and we all know what happened in second half.
RyanWHUFC wrote: He died? :lol:
Very good Ryan.
No, it was just West Ham that died!!
kel
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by kel »

Took my 8yo daughter to her first game today, afterwards I thought oh no what have I done, I've scared her off West Ham for life. However she loved it! So maybe it was the ideal game to take her to, the bar has been set low :D

Sat in the West Lower towards the North Bank, so couldn't see whether the goal in the first 10 seconds was offside or not, anyone have a good view?

I respect the right for people to express their displeasure, however I couldn't believe that Tomkins got booed in injury time (misplaced pass that went out for a throw). He's been arguably our best outfield player this season and I thought he had a great game today.

And what a nice welcome Danny Collins got, OK it may not have been the substitution most wanted, by why take it out on him?

Green made a couple of great saves again today, Faye played very well also, but credit has to go to Doncaster too.
Last edited by kel on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Posh-Hammer

Post by Posh-Hammer »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:We should be though Miami. We should be good enough to beat teams like Watford and Doncaster at home. It's bad enough drawing one of them, let alone 2. How many points would you have accepted at home to Palace, Watford and Doncaster? 7?. We got 3. We can't afford to start dropping points when the team behind us are on a ******* amazing run of 42 points out of 48 or something.

We need to make the most of Lansbury in midfield. Start playing it on the floor, start involving him more. I wouldn't just drop Maynard like that either. He needs to settle in the team. Shouldn't keep giving strikers 2 games then benched, 2 games then benched.

Spot on :thup: Totally gutted at todays display after scoring, when I honestly thought we could go on to get another two or three goals. Two miserable journeys home in three days
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

GUMMI wrote:I heard Piq sat on the WHUFC bench today? Any photo material?
He sat next to Papa Diop... caption competition material...

m-h

Post by m-h »

Edit.
Last edited by m-h on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Sam Allardyce's short and sweet press conference, exclusively in full:

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126086" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
simonwebb

Post by simonwebb »

CHILL PILL PEOPLE.
We all need to wait until the end of the season, be patient except people make mistakes. There will be many more twists and turns. The closer the seasons end comes odd results will happen. The closer automatic promotion looms WHU, Reading, and Southampton will have to play under increasing stress and tension. Who goes up will depend how that is dealt with, bit like a relegation dog fight a lucky goal here wrong ref decision there will make even more difference. Most on here have knee jerk reactions from crap to run away with the league. Where we are in relation to Reading and Southampton in the last five games is where promotion will be won or lost. That is a month away level on points or there abouts will be a very good position to be in. Look at the last five fixtures Reading and Southampton have a difficult run in. It will go down to the wire and I would prefer to be playing Hull at home than Birmingham away needing the points. So all relax a long way to go yet. Oh my final point on the subject of Morrison please give the kid a break allow him to develop he is not the saviour. He has not played maybe because he is young and not quite ready yet, please stop building him up to be Messi.
m-h

Post by m-h »

Don't believe the Nolan substitution was due to tiredness........Protecting a 1-0 win, you don't do you self any favours mate, there again a milion quid is a million quid.....

"Finally, I wouldn't say it was a struggle but we weren't as good as we should have been and I think in the end, like always, you could always slip and if you slip they might score. At 1-0 I'd have liked the players to have seen it out, but they didn't."
Last edited by m-h on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We_are_BML
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by We_are_BML »

Mark my words we're going to bottle it and end up in the play-offs- i've been saying it for some time now (not on here). It's not the West Ham way to do things smoothly, we could have a team full of the worlds greatest players and we would still struggle to get promoted back to the premier league. Even though i have a lot of praise for what Big Sam has done i still think with the right man in charge we would be pissing this league.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

We_are_BML wrote:Mark my words we're going to bottle it and end up in the play-offs.
I'm not totally ruling that out, but, by the same token, I can just as easily see the team that travelled to and won at:

Brighton
Hull
Boro
Blackpool, and
Cardiff

Rocking up at Elland Rd next week and waltzing off with 3 well-won points.
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

Ive give this **** the benefit of the doubt all season,no more this geezer aint got a ****ing clue what he's doing
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

Carlton Cole up on his own against ****ing Doncaster Rovers embarassing
ham34mer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by ham34mer »

We were truly awful in the second half today. This was especially so off the back of such a promising start where we looked really up for it & Doncaster's defence looked really panicky.

Completely reversed in second period. We looked shaky, lacking in ideas and too many players had real "off days" (Baldock, Cole, Collison were particularly poor). I think it was fortunate the Serial Spitter was playing if only for the fact that our lackluster team may have thought that some of the boos (that were most definitely meant for them), did not adversely affect morale as the team assumed they were for Diouf!!!!!

Like the 10 o'clock news, I'll try & finish on a positive note - I thought Faye was a rock today. He won loads in the air, made some important challenges and disrupted the opposition at a couple of key points.

Roll on a run of away games! Headbanger
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

May i say we were an absolute embarrasment today and ive seen some sh*t over there
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

1-0 up against Donny and sat back all game ,matter of time before they equalised absolute dot on the cards
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

Diouf done more running than all our embarassing forward line did together
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Doncaster played some nice passing football like a few teams have against us, fair play they deserved their point.
We invited the pressure and got what we deserved, nothing to do with 'pressure' from the fans, if theres fight in the team we will back them end of.
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

steptoe61 wrote:Diouf done more running than all our embarassing forward line did together
Exactly. We were static, predictable, lazy. Awful.
Whose idea is that modern football is about lumping long balls to a centre forward who can hardly move - who doesn't win headers and can't control the ball?
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

[quote="ktham

Exactly. We were static, predictable, lazy. Awful.
Whose idea is that modern football is about lumping long balls to a centre forward who can hardly move - who doesn't win headers and can't control the ball?[/quote]

he does verry funny tweets so deserves his place