West Ham Utd 1 Middlesbrough 1 (20/03/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Re: West Ham United v Middlesbrough: Match Thread

Post by the pink palermo »

hawkins_hammer wrote:
Got a masters degree mate 8-)
LSE Wasn't it ?
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 915 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

LSD
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Doc you stole my punch line ... :lol:
Coker

Post by Coker »

Dont score enough goals playing only 1 striker

:idea: play 2 ffs!!!

as a season ticket holder im glad i didnt go watch that shh last night, trouble is theres only a few players who are settled regulars everyone else , is just chucked in whether
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

OzzHammer wrote: -
Sorry Rom, but it's the f*ckwit fans calling for DiCanio and booing that's undermining the players confidence - the manager picks the players but they still have to perform once they set foot on the hallowed turf.

Booing them doesn't help, don't care want anyone says on here.

Reading stalled, we picked up a valuable point, we are unbeaten in nine and people still come on here bitching.....
Its nothing to do with confidence..its to do with the cowardly tactics

If we played differently...even the muppets wouldn't moan.

5 draws in a row says everything.

People are bitching because we are playing negative crap and have the players to do much better.

If you spent good money going to the last 5 home games...you wouldn't be saying what you are
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Morocco Mole wrote:No one can tell me this is worse than Pardew's first year..... :lol:
If Pardew had this squad...he'd pi$$ this league
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

Romford wrote: Its nothing to do with confidence..its to do with the cowardly tactics

If we played differently...even the muppets wouldn't moan.

People are bitching because we are playing negative crap and have the players to do much better.
100% agreed

I just spent too many minutes writing a couple of long-winded paragraphs in the Sam thread, making much the same point.....

Your last line goes straight to the point, and sums it up perfectly, imo :thup:
BrownFatwa
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by BrownFatwa »

Romford, if you had this squad you'd pi$$ this league.
And I mean that.
BFS's tactics are lamentable. And I tire of him telling everyone and anyone its anyone's fault but his. Excuses are wearing very thin indeed and as people have said he came over as a completely arrogant 'its not my fault' **** last night. Try the mirror BFS rather than the crowd, the bar, the post, injuries, the refs, the lino, the weather, the lack of personnel etc etc.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Sam Allardyce's post match presser, in full:

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GeorgeParris'Pet

Post by GeorgeParris'Pet »

Romford wrote: People are bitching because we are playing negative crap and have the players to do much better.
Amen
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Up the Junction wrote:Sam Allardyce's post match presser, in full:

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
How this bloke has the front to say that cobblers... :evil:

Sad that the Journo's don't ask the questions that people want to hear the answers of.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

BrownFatwa wrote:Romford, if you had this squad you'd pi$$ this league.
And I mean that.
BFS's tactics are lamentable. And I tire of him telling everyone and anyone its anyone's fault but his. Excuses are wearing very thin indeed and as people have said he came over as a completely arrogant 'its not my fault' **** last night. Try the mirror BFS rather than the crowd, the bar, the post, injuries, the refs, the lino, the weather, the lack of personnel etc etc.
I don't how the fella can moan about luck....did he see our goal last night ??

Headbanger
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Bit tough watching on the laptop but what exactly did we change at half time ?????

Am I missing something ?

:?
DanielHammer

Post by DanielHammer »

This is not me being arrogant, just an honest assessment that I’m sure most fans would agree on. West Ham have the best squad in the division, some teams might have a good player- Lambert, Lallana at Southampton, Whittingham at Cardiff, Zaha at Palace, but nobody has got a squad that has in it the talent we have. The problem is the way we are set out and the way we are playing which obviously begins and ends with the manager. You can have the best defender in the league in Tomkins but if his put in midfield what’s the point. You can have two of the most talented strikers in the division in Baldock and Maynard but if they are played out on the wings, or up front by themselves with balls aimlessly fired up to them what’s the point. Seriously Maynard must be thinking he got more opportunities to score playing for Bristol City. I think Maynard and Baldock both have the ability to be proven scorers in the Premiership but not with this clown at the helm.

Honestly look at our team, our starting 11 on paper is more than capable of finishing safely in the premiership. Look at Carlton Cole under Zola, he was a one man wrecking ball, the ball was played to his feet, he held players off, he ran at players, he ran on to through balls. Now with Allardyce his used as a target man, that’s bull****. He might be big but he cant header for ****, that’s not what his about and some fans are getting on his back, his as helpless as maynard and baldock are when the balls are flying through the air.
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

BrownFatwa wrote:Romford, if you had this squad you'd pi$$ this league.
And I mean that.
He increasingly reminds me of Harry "2 points from 8 games when I joined" Redknapp.
Absentee Hammer

Post by Absentee Hammer »

I think Boro were lucky with a few of decisions last night, Bates certainly handled the ball twice, once in each half that could easily have been given and Cole was hauled to the ground with an arm around his neck from behind on a corner, again this should have been a penalty.

Ogbeche's goal was class, a candidate for Goal of the Season on here if scored by a West Ham player.
Faye goal was a fluke, he knew it when he scored and anyone watching the replay saw it.

What really worries me about BFS interview was his reliance on luck, we should really be relying on one of ours putting the ball in the back of the net, luck happens now and again either for or against us, we cannot control it but we can supposedly control scoring.

Carew was an awful substitution, what did he bring into the game apart from playing a couple of short passes to a Boro player?? Ok I can see BFS wanting to rest Cole but he could of bought on Baldock and play at them with a bit of pace instead of replacing big with big.

I agree with others that posted the subs were the turning point, we looked until then that we could win this game, we were attacking them, Tomkins was unlucky with his header and Taylor should have done better with his chip over the keeper. With the possession the dreadlocked Emnes kept gifting us, we should have run away with this game.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Up the Junction wrote:Sam Allardyce's post match presser, in full:

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I really do dislike Allardyce. His arrogance is disgusting. It's alright if you are Jose Mourinho and win everywhere you go, but you're an ex Bolton and Blackburn manager with an archaic tactical style which is not only terrible to watch but isn't even churning out wins at the moment.

Selling out young Sam Baldock (who is actually a quality striker, when given a fair shake in a team that doesn't punt up field at every opportunity) for a difficult header when he only had 5 minutes on the pitch, and not placing any blame on himself? The lad must be struggling for confidence as it is. I thought Big Sam was old enough and ugly enough to know it is better man management skills to take some of the blame yourself and deflect it from your young players. And to think he blames the fans at every opportunity for voicing displeasure at the players performances. Hypocritical. Poor form. :thdn:

Claiming that he changed our playing style three times during the course of the match for the better? Rubbish.

And just look at his response to the 'five draws in a row at home' question... 'Well one was against Southampton with 10 men'. Mug. I don't care if people on here give it the big'un about not getting behind the team, in my eyes, Allardyce is becoming a proper prick and showing himself to be exactly what I thought he was. Typical long ball manager whose arrogance doesn't match his actual managerial skill.
Last edited by Aztec Hammer on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 225 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

Aztec Hammer wrote:Selling out Baldock for a difficult header when he only had 5 minutes on the pitch, and not placing any blame on himself? Poor form.
Sam Allardyce wrote:But then Sam Baldock could have won it in the last minute with the header.
Am i Missing something here...that's hardly "selling him out".

:think:
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Sloop John B wrote:Selling out Baldock for a difficult header when he only had 5 minutes on the pitch, and not placing any blame on himself? Poor form.

But then Sam Baldock could have won it in the last minute with the header.

Am i Missing something here...that's hardly "selling him out".

:think:
Did you see the Sky Sports interview after the game too?

Mentioned it twice in the space of about 10 seconds.

Point is, how many times can you recall Allardyce after one of our lacklustre games recently saying HE got something wrong? He's quick to notice when the fans show their disappointment in a players performances and yet he does the same thing himself, whilst never perhaps admitting he may well be the one who got it wrong.

Any mention of the mistake in playing Maynard at RM. Of course not. Maybe a mention of the mistake in putting Carew on after we went 1-0 up, who then proceeded to look like he was treading water for the rest of the game. Nope.

But he is quick to mention Baldock missing a header that was barely even a real chance. That's why I don't like Sam much as a bloke. Too smarmy and arrogant. And it's never his fault apparently. Come to think of it, I don't really like him much as a manager either. To each their own.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Any mention of the mistake in playing Maynard at RM. Of course not. Maybe a mention of the mistake in putting Carew on after we went 1-0 up, who then proceeded to look like he was treading water for the rest of the game. Nope.
i'm not sure, at times i think he's only after excuses, some other times i think he genuinely thinks he never made a mistake in his life!