Peterborough Utd 0 West Ham Utd 2 (27/03/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Bradley_m
Total likes: 9 likes

Re: Peterborough United v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Bradley_m »

vmixture wrote: That was funny. Me hoarse too. Where did you stand, we were right at the back in the middle of the goal.
Sorry if I trod on your foot fella, that's exactly where I was.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

wowowow! i was very nervous and negative beforehand, specially after id seen us toil at burnely. even at half time it was the same old.

creamed it second half..quality night. fantastic fans and a great great club

WHO THE f*** ARE READING?!!? :crest:
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Was in the East stand giving it as good as we got from the terraces, 'we pay your benefits' :lol:
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

Just got back. Haven't really had a chance to look at any other views of the game..

I was in the Peterborough terrace as I couldn't get tickets in the away bit. Fans were very good for the last 20-25 mins but apart from that couldn't hear them that often. At the end it seemed like all 5,000 were chanting loudly though.

First half was pretty dire. We were very lucky (what's that mr allardyce?) to not to behind where they could have scored twice and had a free kick just on the edge of the area.

Second half we seemed much better. My mate who supports Posh said Faubert was the one who made the difference.. I'd have to agree with him. Thought part of the reason we looked much better second half was McCan and Taylor for them running out of steam. They were causing us quite a lot of bother first half.

That Nolan backheel was right in front of me and it was definitely deliberate. Was gutted it didn't go in as the Posh fans were giving Nolan stick all game (Nolan is a ****, carrol shagged your wife, your wife is a dirty slag, does she take it up the arse etc etc)

Cole really, really should have scored that chance he had at the end. First half the service he got was shocking though.

Taylor and McCartney seem to work well on the left. Good to have a winger who offers proper cover on one wing. Vaz Te had a good game I thought. They couldn't handle him second half.

Tomlin for them was awful. He's meant to be one of their better players but I can't remember a player giving the ball away so frequently.

In conclusion: good second half, helped by Faubert bombing forward and offering more of a threat but a poor first half which could have been lead to a very different result if they scored just before half time.
Posh-Hammer

Post by Posh-Hammer »

Bloody good night out and not so far to get home. What fantastic fans you all are, totally brilliant. Loved the bit where Ferguson got told what his Dad is, also when we kept singing "we play on the floor, we play on the floor, West Ham United, we play on the floor" Can't wait for Saturday, I know it will be a harder game, tonight 2nd half I felt Posh just gave up, but I think we may now have more confidence and go on to beat Reading. COYI :raver:
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

What a night.

That was without doubt the best away game I've ever been to. If that's what being on the terraces was like every week, then all the oldies on here - you have my sympathy for having to put up with the **** you have to now knowing it used to be like that. It was ridiculously loud, everyone was having fun, it was more relaxed, the goal celebrations were ****ing insane... really really special night.

We played really well. it was like one of the early season performances where we looked like scoring every time we went forward, and were always in control of the game. Very impressive under such pressure to put in a display like that. Also really enjoyed the players responding to the 'We're West Ham United - we play on the floor' chant with some really fantastic possession play in the second half. Great to see simple passing given a huge round of applause. Even if it didn't always come off, there was a real sense that the crowd was excited to see us trying it. Every season, more and more of our fans seem to talk about the West Ham Way being a myth or ancient history. Tonight was a brilliant example that people still believe in it and are desperate to see it, to some extent above victory.

I came out of the stadium feeling as positive and optimistic about the future of the club as I have for years. It's such a great feeling to be part of a crowd that loves the club so much, is so consistently funny and genuinely looks out for each other. Where are all of these people at the home games? At least some of them must go!

The players were obviously affected by the atmosphere as well. Taylor was getting everybody fired up at every corner and at one point Nolan turned to our fans from the centre circle and started clapping and waving his arms in support while the ball was in play about 20 yards from him. :lol:

We seriously need to each do everything we can to put pressure on the authorities to bring back safe standing at football grounds. Honestly, it was completely unrecognisable from any other atmosphere I've been part of. We usually have very good away support. Tonight it was phenomenal.
The Boleyn Hound

Post by The Boleyn Hound »

What a night. From the moment I heard the racket as I stepped onto the terrace ten mins before kickoff I knew it was gonna be something special.

We were so loud all night. I could barely see anything in th first half as most of the action was in Posh's goalmouth which was obscure by 5,000 West Ham.

The banter between the terrace and the seated west ham was brilliant, and the washing machine when we scored was mental. And when the whole terrace crouched down for "sit down if you hate millwall".

Just a shame we didn't do KUMB!

Top top night
Posh-Hammer

Post by Posh-Hammer »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:What a night.
I go to home games Scaloni. Totally agree with you. Fantastic night. Proud to be an older Hammer! Bring back our terraces!
MarshyWHU

Post by MarshyWHU »

The Boleyn Hound wrote: Just a shame we didn't do KUMB!
Heard it very faintly where i was stood to the right of the goal, don't think enough wanted/knew how to get it going though.

Such a ****ing quality atmosphere, still absolutely buzzing :raver:
Steelyhammer

Post by Steelyhammer »

MarshyWHU wrote:**** me, what an atmosphere! East stand, East stand give us a song

Best away atmosphere this season for me. Good darts :thup:
whufcspoon

Post by whufcspoon »

Some greats posts on here guys :thup: almost feels like I was there myself reading your accounts of the night. Gutted I missed it but nevertheless a fantastic result and also sounds like a fantastic performance. Lets hope we can keep the momentum rolling for reading, if so our promotion prospects are alive and kicking. Cannot wait to watch the highlights, anyone got them to post?

Up the irons!!!
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

just after first goal:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wompa1

Post by Wompa1 »

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/pe ... est-ham-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tonight's goals (Not the best quality)
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

"The Battle of The Stands"

That was brilliant, the two banks of West Ham outdoing each other with chants!

Worth all the indifferent times.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

13,500 ish for us tonight. barely 6 or so for reading last week

lets ****ing ruin this two-bob bunch on saturday, please west ham!
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Just back after a cracking night out.

Can't remember when I last stood at a competitive game and don't know when I next will, but bring back terracing! I walked around the stand a bit just because I could. Ducking between fans, crafty fags, bouncing up and down - it was like going back in time for a couple of hours or being at a happy family reunion.

Charters was rammed. It was drunk dry of lager and the poor girls behind the bar looked shellshocked. The Black Hole Porter was lovely but it took me an hour to get it. Must be a nice place when the likes of Leeds play there and it's quiet ( :wink: )

As for the game, Christ how a goal settles the team. We started knocking it about after that and looked comfy. Vaz Te makes us tick, thank f*** he's back.

The love in with Green was superb. I'm quite happy in this division to be perfectly honest, but losing him would be the biggest loss if we don't go up.

Finally, the 'We Play on the Floor' song was sung after 5 minutes when we were finding our way. If that happened at home all Hell would break out on here - it's far more cutting and loaded than booing. At the end of the game it seemed to be sung because that's how we were playing, but initially it was aimed squarely at BFS. 'On the Floor and 2:0 Up' was another. Don't let it be said that home fans get on BFS's back and the away fans don't - it's the latter who can break a manager.

Great night, bring on the Plastics!
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Why didnt Sam react to the improved second half performance at Burnley, by starting with that line up?

Mule headed I guess.
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Post by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 »

Terrific night!
The atmosphere in the terraces was ****ing brilliant. Constant singing and loads of banter.
Was like being a kid again having to stand on tip toe but I'd happily stand in terraces like that all the time.

Top night and a great 2nd half performance.

COYI
:crest:
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Just got back.

Best ever away day.

We want safe standing!
MarshyWHU

Post by MarshyWHU »

Matt of iron wrote:Just got back.