West Ham Utd 2 Reading 4 (31/03/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Re: West Ham United v Reading: Match Thread

Post by Pop Robson »

I think we should get behind the big Northern b*stard BFS on Saturday and show him we don't really hate him.

How about all wearing false moustaches and singing Big Fat Big Fat Sam, Big Fat ........................ ?
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Attacking formation please. If we're gonna lose then lets go down with a fight rather than last seasons limp-dick whimper.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer »

4-2-4 is the way to play .COYI.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

It will be a safety first 451

Remember, drawing this isn't the end of the world.
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

Massive game, good luck to all you boys going... :crest:

Blackpool v Soton is the live game being shown down here - FK it !!!!! Or Sheffield Weds v Preston WTF our game is massive !!!!!!!
Shanghai Hammer

Post by Shanghai Hammer »

I can't ever remember a game that was destined to be a draw as much as this one is. Ten men behind the half way line for both teams all match.
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

Well this is the one isn't it? Psychologically this is the one. Can we step up to the plate?

On pure and utter blind faith I will say yes, of course we can!

3-2 West Ham. 3 valuable points. A good game and a good day had by all (bar the Reading fans).

COYI!
Av it

Post by Av it »

5-0 to the irons. Nolan hattrick and 2 for Cottee! :raver:
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Would love to see our fans have a go at Kebe, reckon it could really unsettle him and he deserves it.
roblo
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 139 likes

Post by roblo »

My mate is going out with a Reading fan, and she's getting the club coach over. (from Reading?! Why not just jump on the train?!) Apparently they've sold out their allocation but I can't be arsed to check it on their website (3k he said). The ****ing wally was with me in the away end at the Madejski earlier this season, singing away, keeping the songs going, now he's in the away end at Upton Park on Saturday. I hope we do them just so him and his doris have an argument.
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

this game i think will be the springboard to the premier league the best thing all of US could do is greet every player and sam with a great roar of applause when they appear. remember how the team rose to the occasion at maine road when we did our twist and shout and give us a wave trevor we went down i know but i for one will never forget how it lifted the team that day. if we do this till the end of the season especialy at the b g i realy believe this will be the missing spark needed to take us up."COME ON YOU IRONS" :crest:
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

I think with Faye and JOB out, Sam will quite rightly not experiment. I doubt Demel or Diop are ready to start and I think Ravel is unlikely to be included.

Green
Faubert Tomkins Collins McCartney
Vaz Te Noble Collison Taylor

Nolan
Cole

Maynard Baldock Carew Demel Keeper
dundeeiron

Post by dundeeiron »

Hopefully will be watching this in the Theatre Bar, Tenerife with other like minded Irons. :D Keeping the fingers "crossed" but like several others on here can't help thinking that it will be the old 4 - 5- 1 again "to thrill us".

Let's just hope it is good enough. Also hoping that Faye makes it but that may not be possible.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

fmgod wrote:Would love to see our fans have a go at Kebe, reckon it could really unsettle him and he deserves it.
At least it'll unite the fans at slagging someone other than our team
:lol:
englandsnumber13

Post by englandsnumber13 »

I listened to the radio and SSN reports on Tuesday and it seems like carlton was ineffective ( their words ) i was not there so hard to give an opinion on it but i think we need pace and creativity to beat this lot. They will be expecting us to hoof it long to cole so lets mix it up a bit and play Baldock and maynard.

------------------------Grren-----------------------------

--Faubert-----Tomkins---collins------Linda----

---------------------Noble-------------------------------

Vaz te-------------------------------------Taylor

-------------------------Nolan--------------------------

---------------Maynard-------Baldock--------------

Subs: Lansbury,Cole,Collison,O'neil,Potts

Go at them from the start not in the second half like the last 2 games
InArduisFidelis

Post by InArduisFidelis »

Off to Tenerife tomorrow so might try and pop in to the Theatre bar myself :raver:

Only have to figure out how to get the long haired sgt maj to let me go!!

COYI
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Looking forward to Saturday... I agree with most that the 12th man is really going to make the difference... regardless of the line up etc. I think the pyshology of this game on the players will be key to getting a result...

I was just looking at the predictor websites... they are all showing a draw with less than 2.5 goals (1-1) with scummers winning away at Pool with over 2.5 goals (0-3).

What was interesting was the tables based on home and away performances over the season and over the last 5 games.

Over the season West Ham at home in terms of results are 8th... Reading are 3rd

Over the season on Away results West Ham are top with Reading second.....

Over the last five in total West Ham would be 11th and Reading third...

Over the last five at home.. West Ham would be 19th and Reading Top....

Over last five away....West Ham would be 2nd and Reading 4th

So going on those stats you can pretty much see how Sam is going to set up given Reading's away record...
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

I think it's time to move on from the Kebe thing. I can't see why some bother so much.

I actually think it's worse to pull your socks up when your about to get substituted (like the Reading guy did when we lost at home 2-1 a couple of years ago) or when the ball actually is out of play just to waste time. It is as disrespectful as what Kebe did.
It was not nice what he did, teasing, but at least anyone could have taken the ball from him. Put the pressure. We did not.
It's much worse to try to hurt people on the field, which we all know happens now and then.
Can't defend Collison for his actions either...

Let's concentrate to win this extremly important game! Stop care about Kebe. Get behind the team!
Jackanakanory
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jackanakanory »

I'll be driving back from Alton Towers - Hope the atmosphere at the game is something akin to the Ipswich play off semi.

Teams are coming to us with a game plan to get the fans on the teams back. Don't give them the pleasure. Back the boys, 90 minute wall of sound.

COYI
oliverleslie

Post by oliverleslie »

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... ash-168010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

West Ham set for triple injury boost ahead of Reading clash

By talkSPORT | Tuesday, March 27, 2012

West Ham are hoping to receive a triple boost for the vital promotion clash with Reading on Saturday.

Papa Bouba Diop, Guy Demel and Winston Reid are all ready to make a first-team return after facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines.
Bouba Diop has been sidelined since January with a thigh injury and has been badly missed as West Ham have only managed three wins in their last ten games.
Demel has also been missing with the same problem and has only made two appearances for the east London club following his move from Hamburg last summer.
Reid returned from international duty with New Zealand with a head injury and has not featured for the club since the 0-0 draw against Crystal Palace back on February 25.
But all three players have now resumed full training and are hoping to declare their fitness for the must-win game at Upton Park this weekend.