Barnsley 0 West Ham Utd 4 (06/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

ironworks41

Re: Barnsley v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by ironworks41 »

Guv'nor,
was'nt specific to yesterdays game,it was more about the way things have changed,except in many ways they have'nt.
Football has changed in some instances but not others since my dear old Dad took me with him,passed me over to other fans who sat me on the
wall,fed me peanuts and toffees and gave me back at the end. That was back in the early fifties,when we signed unknown Irishmen.
Dunno what the transfer window lickers would make of that now.
Have been to too many away games and got the ache of watching us lose on a regular basis,To go away confident of winning is new to a lot of us.It was an ironic response. Its just that some fans craving the West Ham way have no idea what it is.Expectations have changed so much,Vic Keeble for 10k,those were the days.Now if its not 5 million plus sack the Board.
Probably was the wrong thread to get wound up about, so apologies.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

I watched the whole match and was really impressed with West Ham. They played some nice stuff, scored 2 very good goals with Maynard and Noble, looked committed and won the match very well. Barnsley weren't up to much - but that's no excuse. If you play well then you play well. Lots of noise from the away end and the conga was funny. I've seen jobsworth Stewards break them up before!

Nice to have some football on BBC too.
towner

Post by towner »

ironworks41 wrote:Have been to too many away games and got the ache of watching us lose on a regular basis,To go away confident of winning is new to a lot of us.It was an ironic response. Its just that some fans craving the West Ham way have no idea what it is.Expectations have changed so much,Vic Keeble for 10k,those were the days.Now if its not 5 million plus sack the Board.
Probably was the wrong thread to get wound up about, so apologies.

Spot on mate. :thup:
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Good singigng KUMB, shame it didn't really catch on though. :thup:
devonshire flu
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by devonshire flu »

chigwells finest wrote:Possibly, no def the worst team performance by any team in the 4 leagues that ive seen yesterday from barnsley, you sure avrams not in charge there in a keith hill mask
You clearly don't watch any Scottish football. I thought Barnsley stuck at it well. A horrible bobble for our first goal, a superb move and finish for our second, an example of a real footballer for our third (most professional footballers couldn't do what Noble did, even though it's a piece of piss in theory), and the type of save-straight-to-an-opponent that we've seen loads of times when we've been struggling. Despite all that, they never gave up, kept passing, kept tackling and were a credit to their supporters.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Commentator mentioned that he thought a lot of our support yesterday would have been from northern based hammers and that we had a big branch in Yorkshire

Anyone know if this is true?

Where they are based and how I get in contact with em[/quote]

And why did that knob Mark Bright find it so hard to believe ?

:think:
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

The commentator was generally right, obviously the majority would have come up from the usual places, but we have fans all over the country in varying degrees, like any club with a big fanbase - people move around, and that's what happens.

The reason Mark Bright finds it so hard to believe is that he is probably the thickest pundit out there - not an ****hole as such like Townsend, Waddle or Pleat, but just incredibly, incredibly dim. Every game he commentates on feels like the first game of football he's ever seen in his life; all the little things going on out there just seem to baffle him. Still stares at aeroplanes, no doubt...
BondsOfOslo

Post by BondsOfOslo »

WestHamByTheSea wrote:
Still stares at aeroplanes, no doubt...
Comment of the day so far :thup:
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

WestHamByTheSea wrote:The commentator was generally right, obviously the majority would have come up from the usual places, but we have fans all over the country in varying degrees, like any club with a big fanbase - people move around, and that's what happens.

The reason Mark Bright finds it so hard to believe is that he is probably the thickest pundit out there - not an ****hole as such like Townsend, Waddle or Pleat, but just incredibly, incredibly dim. Every game he commentates on feels like the first game of football he's ever seen in his life; all the little things going on out there just seem to baffle him. Still stares at aeroplanes, no doubt...
:lol:

Very accurate description and you would also think by the way he talks he was the greatest striker ever.

''Oh, he should of turned around and shot it into the tp corner''

Yep, just like you would have playing for Barcalona....Or was it Palace...?
Corney Beal

Post by Corney Beal »

BondsoBob wrote:Commentator mentioned that he thought a lot of our support yesterday would have been from northern based hammers and that we had a big branch in Yorkshire

Anyone know if this is true?

Where they are based and how I get in contact with em
And why did that knob Mark Bright find it so hard to believe ?

:think:[/quote]

Yes true, mostly Yorks based but covers north east, Lancs etc.
Organsier based Huddersfield, see below
Mark Bright = knob.

Newsletter, meets, away ticket order system, etc, Contact Norman at The WHU Northern Supporters Club for further details.
collins.norman@gmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stickycotteepudding
Has liked: 3 likes

Post by stickycotteepudding »

Have to say I thought we got almost everything spot on against Barnsley.

Maynard looked extremely sharp, has to play the next game. If we approach every game in the same way as Friday we will be looking very good come the end of the season IMO.
Essex bill

Post by Essex bill »

Just got back from a good weekend partying in Barnsley, Sheffield.

Can't remember much about the game, cracking result though!!!

Good that pomey equalised esterday as well, if we win tomorrow Soton will be proper ****ting it.