Barnsley 0 West Ham Utd 4 (06/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Ali888

Re: Barnsley v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Ali888 »

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a copy of the match? I was out and my Sky Plus box failed to record it! Headbanger
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

I thought the movement today was so much better than in previous games. Players wanted the ball and Maynard and VT were always available. It was great to see the work rate all round.
sopaul

Post by sopaul »

^^

I expect it'll be on BBC IPlayer mate.
Ali888

Post by Ali888 »

sopaul wrote:^^

I expect it'll be on BBC IPlayer mate.
I expect so, unfortunately it won't be available for download and I like to keep copies of all our best matches.
m-h

Post by m-h »

e17 wrote: We just won 4-0 away from home

Why are you going on & on about points & goal differences & the next game, why not celebrate a fantastic win?

Proper modern Chelski attitude to the team you support that, mate, I feel proper embarrassed/sorry for you

Sorry if that sounds harsh
Thats harsh, a fantastic win against Barnsley yes. Could it have been more the 4, thats the questioning, nothing to do with arrogance or Chelski, simply have a lesser team their to be demolished.

And yes, i've seen us play Grimsby.
Kev59
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Kev59 »

Ali888 wrote: I expect so, unfortunately it won't be available for download and I like to keep copies of all our best matches.
Just think, in about twenty years you'll fill the tape up :wink:
demonstimpy
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by demonstimpy »

Ali888 wrote:Does anyone know where I can get hold of a copy of the match? I was out and my Sky Plus box failed to record it! Headbanger
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/qYHh6ccse9/B ... f.mkv.html

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/DaDOKhlNM8/B ... f.mkv.html
eastsidejon

Post by eastsidejon »

Ali888 wrote:I expect so, unfortunately it won't be available for download and I like to keep copies of all our best matches.
Kev59 wrote:Just think, in about twenty years you'll fill the tape up
Is it an E-30 then? :D
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

Romford wrote:3rd away game miss of the season for me...and im relieved.

At least Sam has saved me money...
I do feel for you, but maybe the vodoo is with you and seeing as its crap anyway see what happens when you miss the Birmingham game ?
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 772 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

We completely controlled that game from start to finish, and played with style, movement and energy. We scored 4 goals, two of which produced sublime skill, we hit the bar and had one disallowed. Two long-term injuries made successful comebacks, we broke a 50 year-old club record and the fans who travelled all the way up despite the game being on the box did the club proud and out-sang the home support for the whole game.

It's embarrassing to even acknowledge it, but the bloke up-thread who's moaning must have something wrong with him.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1474 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Ali888 wrote:Does anyone know where I can get hold of a copy of the match? I was out and my Sky Plus box failed to record it!
It ok mate you didn't miss much, just the usual West Ham away win :raver:
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

I don't know why people are getting worked up over the playoffs, if that is to be our lot. I would fancy us against any side in the league over 2 legs, and the final is an away match. Ball's in our court.
MintChocChip

Post by MintChocChip »

A very good performance. Not a faultless one, but a very good one none the less.

The opposition were poor, but we were focused and won the game convincingly. Four goals, a clean sheet and a real desire to close down the opposition and win the game. Statistical dominance - 60% possession and 27 shots.

I particularly enjoyed watching Reid, Tomkins, Vaz Te and Maynard.

And Noble's goal was a joy a to watch.

We are still very much in this and it's entirely possible that we will get automatic promotion. Regardless of whether we get it or not, I think Sam is doing a decent job and I hope he'll be here whichever league we're playing in next season.

COYI
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 691 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

we win 4 0 away from home, and create an all time club record of away wins, and STILL some warriors moan......

its priceless, and in my opinion sums up everything thats wrong.......

embarrassing :thdn:
Tommy Taylor's Jockstrap

Post by Tommy Taylor's Jockstrap »

Great performance all round, well done Sam and the lads... We're West Ham United, WE PLAY ON THE FLOOR...!

Cheer up you miserable ****ers - IRONS! :crest:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Irrons wrote:Yes I'm a miserable b*stard, yes I'm extremely negative.
And yes, you're banned for a week for trolling. Go and hijack some other forum's threads in the meantime.
If only....
Location: Wondering why WHU is not on the thrillseekers list of the most extreme rollercoasters

Post by If only.... »

0-8 would have been nice. 8-)

But at 4 ahead it is damn difficult to keep the adrenalin flowing and keep the tempo up. If anything I am pleased we held onto to clean sheet and did not let a consolation goal in.

A very professional performance albeit against worst team I have seen this season.

Just need the leaders to slip up.
m-h

Post by m-h »

Have no way of knowing whether some of the post are in regards to mine, so just to be clear, i thought we
played well today and thoroughly deserved the win. Would i like to have seen us push on in the second half,
yes. Would i like to have seen us a score a fifth or sixth, yes. I felt the opportunity was there to do it. Nothing more
and nothing less. Win the next five and lets see where it takes us.
Maroonmachine

Post by Maroonmachine »

I think it's Southampton that we need to overhaul, I can't see Reading dropping off anytime soon. Reading will beat Southampton I reckon, which as long as we can win our next few games, will drop Southampton right in our laps. :thup:
ironworks41

Post by ironworks41 »

Same old West Ham week in week, out off you go to watch them, same result week after week,totally boring and predictable.
****ing glad I only goto home games. Could'nt stand that same boring result every trip out. Few beers, coach home nothing to moan about,must be awful.
Much prefer going to Upton Park, watch the opposition cancel us out, everyone shouting abuse because we can't exercise our divine right to beat all the numpty teams. Then listen to the ritual contempt for this weeks flavour of the day. Walk back to the car moaning about the ref, letting their enforcer getting away with GBH ,the lino with the eccentric sexual proclivities,luck,lack of,cold pies, warm beer and ballsaching tourists coming in late and ,needing three pisses per pint and then going early.
Then to top it all off log on to KUMB to find blokes criticising the team for being ****,the manager for being the same(insert name as appropriate) me for not singing, shouting or getting behind the team.
Then today watch us on TV play some lovely football,listen to some informed analysis,win four none away and still some dickheads are unhappy, afraid I'm with Cardiff on this one.

And before anyone gets excited we play at Upton Park,as in .....from Upton Park to Wembley....
and another and ,if I hear any body refer to us as the hammers I swear I will have them painfully emasculated.We are the Irons the chuffing hammers were a speedway team,a bit like us promised a lot delivered f*** all.
Have a nice Easter.