West Ham Utd 3 Birmingham City 3 (09/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

beckton

Re: West Ham United v Birmingham City: Match Thread

Post by beckton »

carnage wrote:I don't think we were "out foxed" or got it wrong tactically. It was very poor errors by players who should be able to do better. The 3rd goal was criminal.

Of course Allardyce was, he was expecting Zigic to start and them to be hoofing it up to him. He still seemed to expect that to happen when he brought on Collins and the back 4 became the land of the dinosaurs.

Even if you take away the soft goals conceded we were poor in the first half. Second half it was nothing to lose do or die cup tie stuff. Oops sorry, I meant to say the second half was down to Sam's tactical genius. :lol:
shammy

Post by shammy »

Reading to lose 2 on the spin starting tonight at a fired up Brighton. This aint over yet...COYI!!
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

W4hammer-

Got to say that if you took what I said as bitching then we've got different definitions of the word. And I don't know you so rest assured this certainly isn't personal for me. It's just we come from different 'chalk and cheese' ilks of support.

Just a comment or two on what you said. You said that a tired Brum tried to defend a lead. You also mentioned that we made basic mistakes, and implied they were Allardyce's fault for not sorting them out. So once again he's to blame for a poor half but can take no or little credit for a much better one.

Fair enough, if you don't think we'd win the play-offs. You may well be right as it is the proverbial lottery. For my part I think we have as good a chance as anybody. Likely opponents Blackpool and Cardiff for example have been beaten comfortably on their own patches. They have at least as much cause to worrry about us as we about them.

ps- whoever called people on here 'Einsatzgruppen'- now that really is personal and truly offensive. Go look them up. Look at the pictures. And then tell me if that was the appropriate word to call West Ham fans who don't hold the same views as you.
Last edited by DaveWHU1964 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Posh-Hammer

Post by Posh-Hammer »

Yesterday was what being a West Ham fan is all about. During the 2nd half the ground was rocking with atmosphere, the fans were brilliant, even up in the East Stand the old fellas around me were going mad urging the team on, who responded and outplayed and outclassed Birmingham. When we was attack attack, attacking them we tore them apart, and I really thought the winner was coming. Well done to everyone, yesterday reminded me why I am so proud to be a Hammer till I die :crest:
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

ironilunga wrote:I think there is every chance that we could be back in second place at the close of play next Saturday. This point could well be crucial.
Point not only respected, but celebrated!
kayahammer

Post by kayahammer »

If anyone fears Brum in the play offs after yesterday's performance, then you may as well not bother following football. Not saying we'd definitely beat them, but we no longer have to fear them.

I watched the 1 - 1 draw at their place before the game, and then the game, and the only thing we have to worry about is our defending. They don't offer that much TBH. We pulverized a team for most of the game that has been on the up for months, and we should have won (I wish we'd shoot more instead of crossing it every time).

I no longer am thinking too much about automatic promotion. We should be OK for the play offs!

COYI
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

I reckon that the other teams around us may have reason to fear us after the way that we went for it. I seem to recall that when we went up in 93? we had to win the last four to pip Pompey and we did it. Come on you Irons.
lukeWHU

Post by lukeWHU »

Did anyone see that throw-in from Landsbury....???? .
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Good rescue but we could of really done with three points, quite bemused how Lansbury went from barely getting any minutes and a CB chosen above him to becoming our half time saviour but he did bloody well when he came on.
squatski
Massive virgin

Post by squatski »

quick question was one of their goals an own goal from our side? i had to listen to it on the radio at work and it's always confusing
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like

Post by west ham15 »

lukeWHU wrote:Did anyone see that throw-in from Landsbury....???? .
Delap in disguise!
hornsey

Post by hornsey »

According to the commentator West Ham "started like a house on fire"

Imagine that :lol:
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

submerged wrote:wowzer.. what a grand day.. so 1st match for 13 years, and apart from the pish Carlswank i was forced to neck at half time {3.80? really? for pish?} , a brilliant day, despite the rain and the wind and the boos and the tube fares and the police confiscating a couple of tinnies on Green street,,what a wonderful reminder of what i love about West Ham and East London.

If i can scape the cash together, i'll be seeing and hearing you at Wembley, if i cant, theres a bignose in a bar in Barcelona that will be screaming you on to the end, and if we win we sing, and if we lose, we sing. For me thats what West Ham is.
Great story sir :thup:
Stratford Hammer
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Stratford Hammer »

Chazza wrote:I think fingers could point to Green for all three who was rooted to his line for most of the match and helped generate a level of uncertainty throughout the back line which was amplified by the presence of four central defenders strung across it.
Good post Chazza although i'll reserve judgement on Green until i've seen the goals again.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

lukeWHU wrote:Did anyone see that throw-in from Landsbury....???? .
I did ! I expect towels to be available around the pitch for Brighton...
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

Was an ok game all credit due for the fightback,but why the f,ck dont we ever learn about giving away sloppy goals
JLP123

Post by JLP123 »

Can not believe some of the stuff people were saying about Carlton Cole in the first half on here. Many saying he should never wear the shirt again and how incredibly sh*t he was.... Well, all you lot can eat your words he was brilliant in the second half. Well done Carlton... "Always believe iiiiiiin".
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Looked like the BML was rocking yesterday. Seemed better atmosphere there than where I was in Chav Corner.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Looked like the BML was rocking yesterday. Seemed better atmosphere there than where I was in Chav Corner.
Atmosphere has looked cracking over there past 5/6 games, sitting in there for the Brighton and Hull games near the East Stand and really looking forward to it!
ihateroeder
Has liked: 32 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by ihateroeder »

JLP123 wrote:Can not believe some of the stuff people were saying about Carlton Cole in the first half on here. Many saying he should never wear the shirt again and how incredibly sh*t he was.... Well, all you lot can eat your words he was brilliant in the second half. Well done Carlton... "Always believe iiiiiiin".
Blimey you are fickle, the bloke has been pretty poor for most of the season, has missed chance after chance. But scores one goal and suddenly he is brilliant, please get a grip, Cole will miss far more than he scores. Who knows how many Maynard may have scored had he been on the pitch.