West Ham Utd 3 Birmingham City 3 (09/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Gator_Hammer
Location: It is not guilty that man who eat the pie but one that gives it.

Re: West Ham United v Birmingham City: Match Thread

Post by Gator_Hammer »

I didn't know Birmingham had fans that could use the interwebz.
kenthammer
Has liked: 245 likes
Total likes: 395 likes

Post by kenthammer »

watching the football league show on the Beeb and showing Brum as being at home Monday not us,prob why they sold so few tickets :lol:
Dan1326
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by Dan1326 »

Romford wrote:I should just add...you had the smallest allocation of 900 and you still have loads left.

In your psotion..that is a truly shocking support.

You can pay on the day still !?
Birmingham is the 2nd City. I have forgotten, how many teams do the 2nd City have in the 2 two divisions? Minus Coventy as they are Warwickshire and Leicester as they strangely enough are Leicestershire :lol:

You have Villa, WBA, Wolves and Birmingscum.

London has WHUFC, the Scum, Arsenal, Chelski, Fulham, QPR, Crystal Palace, Millwank.

I would think that Dagenham and Redbridge would have a bigger initial take up than Birmingham. Birmingham hang your heads in shame. You only show up in the top flight, show up in the tp flight
blues1875

Post by blues1875 »

Oh, so lets move away from the football and talk about support eh? Class. See you at Wembley chaps.
Dan1326

Post by Dan1326 »

Gator_Hammer wrote:I didn't know Birmingham had fans that could use the interwebz.
They should be able to as they have an extra finger to type than the standard human :lol:
Dan1326

Post by Dan1326 »

blues1875 wrote:Oh, so lets move away from the football and talk about support eh? Class. See you at Wembley chaps.
Duh, isn't support part of football? Where are you in the league? Have you EVER been above WHUFC this season?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

blues1875 wrote:Oh, so lets move away from the football and talk about support eh? Class. See you at Wembley chaps.
You really want us to talk about football do you ??

At least you wont get away with murder with Ferguson this season eh !
blues1875

Post by blues1875 »

Duh, isn't support part of football? Where are you in the league? Have you EVER been above WHUFC this season?[/quote]

Haha :D
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

You coming anyway fella ?
Dan1326

Post by Dan1326 »

blues1875 wrote:Duh, isn't support part of football? Where are you in the league? Have you EVER been above WHUFC this season?

Haha
I'm glad you realise you are a joke :lol:
blues1875

Post by blues1875 »

Romford wrote:You coming anyway fella ?
No mate, I'm not. I'm a season ticket holder and have ****ed out for a hotel room for my lad and me at Doncaster last Friday (he was Blues mascot) and have booked another hotel for Brighton a week on Saturday, so just can't afford them all - and with tomorrow being on TV that is the one I had to give a miss. Gutted though as know a few of your lads and rarely miss a game at yours - been treated well by your lot in the Barking Dog and Wakefield, and even found myself on a tube with a right moody (but sound) lot of lads to a Rejects gig about 3 years ago.

Just a bit of a wind up boys, regards.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Got to say unless Brum pick up prior to Monday that level of support is beyond poor given the circumstances. Of all the Midlands teams I always had most respect for them and I know times are hard etc, but they have just melted away in this league. Keep right on- so long as you're in the top flight by the look of it.

IF we win Monday, (big if- I know that) then it is definitely interesting- I fancy Saints to f*ck up at palace.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

blues1875 wrote:
No mate, I'm not. I'm a season ticket holder and have ****ed out for a hotel room for my lad and me at Doncaster last Friday (he was Blues mascot) and have booked another hotel for Brighton a week on Saturday, so just can't afford them all - and with tomorrow being on TV that is the one I had to give a miss. Gutted though as know a few of your lads and rarely miss a game at yours - been treated well by your lot in the Barking Dog and Wakefield, and even found myself on a tube with a right moody (but sound) lot of lads to a Rejects gig about 3 years ago.

Just a bit of a wind up boys, regards.
Understand totally fella...

After your 3 wonder goals today..i bet your gutted your not coming.

If you want a good late pub in Brighton with no charge..The Goldfish Bowl :thup:

We were in there till gone 3 on a midweek game
Brum fan in peace

Post by Brum fan in peace »

DaveWHU1964 wrote:Got to say unless Brum pick up prior to Monday that level of support is beyond poor given the circumstances.
No denying mate, it is very poor. And our home support has been poor too. We're a slightly above average side in terms of attendance in the Championship. On our day we can create one of the most cracking atmospheres in football (home leg of the semi finals last year, for example), but sadly those days are few and far between now.

900 is still much better than the 320 we took last year though. I remember some of your lot were singing "your support is ****ing sh-t," and a few of us simply shrugged and nodded and the old bloke next to me shouted "you're right."
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Georgee Paris wrote:I just hope all the moaners, groaners and stoners stay at home for this.
I agree about the moaners and groaners, but the stoners? There's no stoners booing, they're too busy being passive and seeing the game in a different light. It's the beer boyz who get all aggressive and start venting. You'll be 'aving a go at the birds next.

Need a joint after that comment (and have already started rolling for the Brum game 8-) )
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

blues1875 wrote: See you at Wembley gents, where we shall beat you once more.

KRO
:lol:

I'm laughing because it's true
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

I'd love to mouth back but the ****er is right. :lol:
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Knighter10WHU wrote: Your totally right about the Reading game! To be frank, if we don't go up this season, I'd blame it on teh negativity of supporters at home, yes Sam's tactics are uninspiring, but I, like many thousand others get right behind the team no matter how we play, thats what we are 'SUPPORTERS' we SUPPORT the team!! It's those several thousand moaners and fans who are quiet unless we are winning that let the side down!
As a supporter i find comments like this about people that pay good money and get blamed for a teams performance sad beyond belief, and to answer your earlier question don't buy a day ticket on the tube get yourself an oyster card.You can put a tenner on it and use it when your in town again and save a lot of money. Enjoy the game and welcome to the Boleyn ground.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Played them 5 times in the last 18 months - they've beaten us over 90 minutes once

We beat them with 10 men in the first leg of the semi last year and lost the 2nd leg because we had a string of banned players.....

We won't lose on Monday - it's a choice between winning and drawing.....

A nice win will leave them having to do reading last game of the season
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

blues1875 wrote: But you won't - cos you never do!
And for the slightly more balanced guy who suggests that Ziggy won't get the service that Seb offered, I introduce to you Mr Chris Burke!
See you at Wembley gents, where we shall beat you once more.
Not this time, sunshine. Last season, we had a fool in our dugout.

It won't be pretty, but Allardyce will sort it.