West Ham Utd 3 Birmingham City 3 (09/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Re: West Ham United v Birmingham City: Match Thread

Post by Puff Daddy »

Booby, has to start this one and I think he will. That is why BFS gave him some minutes yesterday
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2682 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Think Barry Hearn would object to Galway's line up , brilliant though it was .

Birmingham are a side which you need a Billy Bonds and a Di Canio to play against them , one to show them we're no pushovers , the other to provide that bit of magic it takes to unlock a stubborn defence . Well the nearest we have to those 2 legends are Nolan and Vas Te , and it's these 2 players who will make the difference to us today .
I would love Sam to show Birmingham no respect whatsoever and adopt the old Japanese Tora Tora Tora way of playing football , but somehow I don't think that's going to happen .
I thought Birmingham were going to disappear from the Championship with all the trouble they went through , but Houghton has shown he's no flash in the pan [ and could become our next manager if Sam decides to leave ] , so rightly so , respect will be given .
I'm looking forward to see the team that Sam puts out , and I hope whoever they are that they don't bottle it , they give their all , and luck goes their way , and that he plays with 2 strikers , if not 3 ! :D
COYI !!
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

Really want to beat these f*ckers!

Have they still got that tall c*** that caused us all the problems way back when? If he scores and they win I'll be inconsolable for weeks on end.

COYI !!
submerged

Post by submerged »

My first game for 13 years. Am absolutely fizzing with anticipation. Living abroad and scrambling about for links, snippets of highlights and dodgy shortwave radio back in the day, gives this trip back to my beloved Boleyn, a huge buzz, especially as it may be my last journey there, what with Statford etc. For those of us who live abroad, it takes on a mythical quality. I just hope we thrash those brummies well and good, or at least that the atmosphere is upbeat and cauldron-esque. Im going with my nephew for the first time, who i forced to be a hammer, so thats gonna be fantastic, stood by him singing our lungs out. Wheres the best kebab to be had these days? Is there anywhere for a halftime fag? Will my Ravel Ravel song get sung? Cant wait...COYI :crest:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

[quote="submerged"]My first game for 13 years. Am absolutely fizzing with anticipation. Living abroad and scrambling about for links, snippets of highlights and dodgy shortwave radio back in the day, gives this trip back to my beloved Boleyn, a huge buzz, especially as it may be my last journey there, what with Statford etc. For those of us who live abroad, it takes on a mythical quality. I just hope we thrash those brummies well and good, or at least that the atmosphere is upbeat and cauldron-esque. Im going with my nephew for the first time, who i forced to be a hammer, so thats gonna be fantastic, stood by him singing our lungs out. Wheres the best kebab to be had these days? Is there anywhere for a halftime fag? Will my Ravel Ravel song get sung? Cant wait...COYI /quote]

have a great day mate :thup:
durham city hammer

Post by durham city hammer »

I like Diop but i don't get the clamour for him to be back in the side for this one, along with his workrate O'neils short passing is very good, this is something we need to get going right from the off on monday, get some fluidity to our play enabling us to get some attacks going early, Diops wayward passing can hinder this imo, especially at home when the tempo needs to be quicker!
demonstimpy
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by demonstimpy »

submerged wrote:My first game for 13 years. Am absolutely fizzing with anticipation. Living abroad and scrambling about for links, snippets of highlights and dodgy shortwave radio back in the day, gives this trip back to my beloved Boleyn, a huge buzz, especially as it may be my last journey there, what with Statford etc. For those of us who live abroad, it takes on a mythical quality. I just hope we thrash those brummies well and good, or at least that the atmosphere is upbeat and cauldron-esque. Im going with my nephew for the first time, who i forced to be a hammer, so thats gonna be fantastic, stood by him singing our lungs out. Wheres the best kebab to be had these days? Is there anywhere for a halftime fag? Will my Ravel Ravel song get sung? Cant wait...COYI :crest:
I'm 4000 miles away from home so I know what you mean 100%. I hope it's fckin great day for you.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1589 likes
Total likes: 1643 likes

Post by I am Legend »

We have to win. Maynard has to start, same as Vaz and Demel imo. Reid was so good but think we need Diop and Faye for this one.

We have to keep that lanky son of a f*** quiet

1st minute, Faye and Diop both charge for a header, with Zigic in the middle. Game over, we win.
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

I am Legend wrote:We have to win. Maynard has to start, same as Vaz and Demel imo. Reid was so good but think we need Diop and Faye for this one.

We have to keep that lanky son of a **** quiet

1st minute, Faye and Diop both charge for a header, with Zigic in the middle. Game over, we win.

Same team as yesterday you mean?
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

If I didn't have work, I'd go to this game on my own, no doubt about it! COYI, win this one, and promotion is definately on!!
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

****ing hate these c****.

hope that giant **** zigic gets a nasty injury
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

We stand a chance of winning this as this will be the first home game I have missed since the Pompey game. Talking of Pompey, their last gasp equalizer today means we are still in the promotion hunt.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

I absolutely detest these shits.

I hope we absolutely destroy them.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

...last season we had our darkest horriblest games against them-- that 1-0 loss at home in the league was awfull--only glimmer being demba-ba-'ittin-da-bar :shock:

as much fun as it was yesterday, barnsley were barely a league 2 team, lets be honest....brum are different gravy...forget all the biggest game of the season guff- this truly is a must must must win game.

3-1 west ham PLEASE
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

The facts speak for themselves really, we have had an extra 24 hours to recover so should be fresher. That on top of the fact they have played a huge amount of games this season. They are almost a shoe in for the play offs now so we have more to play for AND they would most likely rather play one of the other two then us in the play offs. And finally, our home form HAS to turn at some point, the law of averages just dictates it must.

So with all that on our side all I can see is a Brum away win :lol:
Knighter10WHU

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Just out of interest, how much would it cost a 17 year old on teh tube from paddington to UP (retunr journey) not from london so never used the tube before without parents from when i was younger, any help would be greatly appreciated!!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Knighter10WHU wrote:Just out of interest, how much would it cost a 17 year old on teh tube from paddington to UP (retunr journey) not from london so never used the tube before without parents from when i was younger, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Have a look on here.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Nervy 1-0 here.

Carlton with a late winner.
Knighter10WHU

Post by Knighter10WHU »

prophet:marginal wrote: Have a look on here.
Cheers mate! Been looking for this everywhere!
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I just hope all the moaners, groaners and stoners stay at home for this. I had my head bitten off for suggesting the fans were partly to blame for the reading result having bottled it at half time. Hopefully we give Sam and his team longer than 45 mins.