West Ham Utd 3 Birmingham City 3 (09/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Post Horn Gallop

Re: West Ham United v Birmingham City: Match Thread

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

Don't be "deluded" by the Barnsley game, they were utter *****. Hopefully the win will inspire our players this time but I very much doubt it. I really hope I'm wrong but can see us losing this one.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Knighter10WHU wrote:Some of us have to work :/ So does a large proportion of the stadium, but there is always that minority... Iunderstadn why as well, it just frustrates me so much personally because I want to see us win! Maybe I am clutching at straws and blaming some fans rather than the poor performance on the pitch
:thup: fair play fella

I do agree that the boo brigade don't help tho
MintChocChip

Post by MintChocChip »

Puff Daddy wrote:This will be a tough game, perhaps not pretty, but we have to be positive, believing we will win. BFS has to send his troops out in a positive frame of mind and tell them to be positive. If we believe we will win, we will.
Indeed, we came out positively against Reading and looked very strong for forty minutes. If we do the same AND avoid the terrible defensive mistakes that cost us that game, then we should take three points. Defensively, we must not crumble - which is also related to positive belief and not getting nervous.
stickycotteepudding
Has liked: 3 likes

Post by stickycotteepudding »

Going to the match tomorrow. First game this season I am ashamed to say.

Very excited, going for a 2-1 win although I think its a tough one to call. If we take the game to them I fancy us to win.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

bondsofoslo wrote:
I was in the Goldfish Bowl for the Brighton away in October. Somebody stole my jacket with my keys, passport and the matchtickets in, so I wouldn't be to pleased to go back there
Well it weren't me...it wouldn't fit 8-)
maltab

Post by maltab »

If we can play anything like we did on Friday,then we,ll win.Thing is not to give away too many silly free kicks around the edge of the box.We know exactly what they,re going to do,lump the ball high into the box,for Zigic to get on the end of.It,s beaten us in our last two fixtures.Notice they took him off at half time against Palace,saving him for Monday,as that,s their plan,they know it works against us.
Who is better in the air Faye or Reid ?
For us,if we keep the ball on the ground,we have the quality to beat them.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

maltab wrote:Who is better in the air Faye or Reid ?
Faye, I'd say, although the taller is Reid, I'd have thunk.
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

Stick Tomkins on Zigic for goal kicks, JT is quality in the air and if he gets a run up before heading it I'd fancy him more often than not to win it.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Is Zigic fit for this game was substituted on the 46th minute on their last game

Think the extra days rest will show here in our favour, Birmingham will only have had 48 hours rest
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Hammer Matty wrote:Stick Tomkins on Zigic for goal kicks, JT is quality in the air and if he gets a run up before heading it I'd fancy him more often than not to win it.
I had a dream last night that Zignic beat Tomkins in the air in the last minute to head the winner

I'd have Faye on Zigic. Faye knows all the tricks in the book in terms off shoves, nudges, trips ect. I always think its better to have experience on an awkward **** like him
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

I don't think we should be focussing so much on zigic..birmingham play very much football on the floor..therefore I think the bigger threat will be men like fahey and burke (scored more than 10 goals this season and a fair amount of assists as well I believe?)
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

AJ wrote:Is Zigic fit for this game was substituted on the 46th minute on their last game

Think the extra days rest will show here in our favour, Birmingham will only have had 48 hours rest

Zigic only taken off at half time to keep him fresh for West Ham....http://www.birmingham.vitalfootball.co. ... p?a=278813" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maltab

Post by maltab »

claretcloggy wrote:I don't think we should be focussing so much on zigic..birmingham play very much football on the floor..therefore I think the bigger threat will be men like fahey and burke (scored more than 10 goals this season and a fair amount of assists as well I believe?)

CC
I look back over the last two fixtures,infact lets take the cup games last season into consideration too.
We have more than matched them when playing our football on the floor.When they realise they are getting nowhere Brums get out clause is to lump high balls in the box for Zigic to get on the end of.
Can you remember the home fixture last season.A poor game,but they came away with the points.Why?
We didn,t mark Zigic closely enough,high ball came in,who was on the end of it? We lost one nil.
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

maltab wrote:
CC
I look back over the last two fixtures,infact lets take the cup games last season into consideration too.
We have more than matched them when playing our football on the floor.When they realise they are getting nowhere Brums get out clause is to lump high balls in the box for Zigic to get on the end of.
Can you remember the home fixture last season.A poor game,but they came away with the points.Why?
We didn,t mark Zigic closely enough,high ball came in,who was on the end of it? We lost one nil.
true, very true..but that was last season under mcleish and grant. they are a bit more versatile now than they were last season mate. Not saying we shouldn't mark zigic tightly at all but I'd focus on their wide men as well.
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Hope Circus freak has a night to remember for all the wrong reasons. We need to do these filthy little bluenose scumbags over.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Game conditions - wet with heavy rain developing.

carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

We will win and be top by Saturday night.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

carnage wrote:We will win and be top by Saturday night.
Ark at you... :raver:
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

carnage wrote:We will win and be top by Saturday night.
Hope your right. :thup:
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

Match preview from BBC....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17581536" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;