West Ham Utd 3 Birmingham City 3 (09/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

NXA
Location: Russia - protest is not allowed, now go and drink a lot of Vodka and forget about it.

Re: West Ham United v Birmingham City: Match Thread

Post by NXA »

maverick2305[color=#FF0000] wrote:In my opinion every fan who goes to UP should feel privileged [/color]as many fans around the world would love to take there place, its a great place thats for sure and u guys who get to go every week are so lucky ( you may not feel that way but you are)
What about the players feeling privileged to perform on front of many fans. Your argument is so flawed, the players should feel privileged to represent the fans, the ones that contribute to their pay packet.
Last edited by NXA on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 755 likes
Total likes: 3486 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

eastsidejon wrote:I don't like the bloke and never have but haven't slagged him off...
What's this post then Jon? Constructive criticism? :)
Aceface
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by Aceface »

WEST HAM UNITED, WE PLAY IN THE AIR
durham city hammer

Post by durham city hammer »

Second half was the best i have seen from us for a long, long time, not so much in the quality of our football but the intensity, passion, the desire of the players to get a result, the fact we utterly dominated them for the whole of the second half was a joy to watch, does make you wonder what we could have done to this league if we played like that most weeks at home given our away record? hopefully a corner turned now with our home form and we can get some momentum going into the last few games and possibly the play offs! :thup:
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3680 likes
Total likes: 2385 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

carnage wrote:
With barely a ball played on the floor for the entire 2nd half. Entertainment wise one of the best games I have seen in years. Food for thought for some ..
There was some quality, measured long passes in behind the Brum full backs today in the second half.

Completely penned Birmingham in and was reminiscent of Bolton at their best. Certainly wasn't aimless 'hoofing'... :thup:
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

durham city hammer wrote:Second half was the best i have seen from us for a long, long time, not so much in the quality of our football but the intensity, passion, the desire of the players to get a result, the fact we utterly dominated them for the whole of the second half was a joy to watch, does make you wonder what we could have done to this league if we played like that most weeks at home given our away record? hopefully a corner turned now with our home form and we can get some momentum going into the last few games and possibly the play offs! :thup:
:agreed -
Jigga
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Jigga »

Not ****ing happy with the fat Northern Monkey. :thdn:

To change the back four after Fridays performance was criminal, the goals we conceded first half were truly awful from a defensive point of view. Having Reid back after his injury lay off at this critical time is what we needed, him and Tomkins together is our best defensive partnership. Faye was very poor today and Tomkins at right back didn't work we looked suspect which was a great shame coming off a clean sheet. Don't get me wrong I think Faye has been great this season but you have to play your best players and arguably the defense against Barnsley was that.

Assuming Demel could not play a full game(he was sub) we still should have kept a settled back four after a clean sheet then made a substitution into the second half. When is fatty bum bum going to learn.....'Square pegs don't go in round holes'

Aside from the wrong starting XI I thought we showed real courage, passion and desire to get back into the game. It was one of those games where we virtually threw the kitchen sink at it. I was particularly pleased with Vaz Te, Nolan and Lansburys performance. Also thought Cole had a better game than usual but still not great, I'm not his biggest fan so I must admit I do find it hard not to criticise him. He frustrates the hell out of me as we all know his got the ability if only he could deliver on a more consistent basis. One thing I will say he won a lot of headers today and really put himself about on the whole it was a decent performance.

To score 3 at home and not take all three points is a massive blow. BFS lost us 2 points today. If he has anything about him he will revert back to Reid/Tomkins. He wanted 6 clean sheets after Reading so to change the defence beggars belief....
DrVenk
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 469 likes

Post by DrVenk »

Just got back and still buzzing. What a game! That second half was the most enjoyable I've seen over the Boleyn in a long time.

Just ****ing back - who reckons Carlton has played his last game for the club?!?! :lol: Eff me, he was superb second half! A bit confidence, and he's a great player for us.

Reid is really developing into a decent centre back.
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by k-r-c »

That bloke at the front of the BML who wouldn't give Cole the ball back was a cock.

Hope you and your mates had a right laugh. The female next to him gave him a right earful and fully deserved too. cock.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

When is fatty bum bum going to learn.............

:lol:
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

got out of jail there- the short term of elation of a point gained has already given into ' my god-is that what its come to?

yeah sure, lots of energy and "intensity' second half whatever the f*** that is, however we have dropped another two points; totally outfoxed by a team that ...um played the way they always do; we dont have a midfield; dont have anyone who carries the ball - put more than three passes together? nah,.

*GIVE TO ABDUL AND FOOKIN LUMP IT!!* appears to be tactics

if you thought Tomka looked shaky as Dm, as RB he's a ****ing nightmare. And he's a "product" of our academy...

this club is going backwards- we'd be lucky to break the 15 point mark in the premiership with this bunch of no-marks.

start over again please D&G and start with a new management set-up

:crest:
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

k-r-c wrote:That bloke at the front of the BML who wouldn't give Cole the ball back was a cock.

Hope you and your mates had a right laugh. The female next to him gave him a right earful and fully deserved too. cock.
Agreed but when you think majority over there are middle aged, braindead mockneys, I'm not too shocked.
Muddy
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Muddy »

k-r-c wrote:That bloke at the front of the BML who wouldn't give Cole the ball back was a cock.

Agree with you there, bad darts, especially when we needed our foot on the pedal. We were all going mad at their keeper for timewasting then one of 'our own' goes and does the same. Tsssk.
Jigga

Post by Jigga »

Right though aren't I Pops? :lol:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Big Sam has finally learned the West Ham way i.e. entertaining football and little or no points to show for our efforts. Well done all the faithfull who patiently waited to convert Big Sam into the West ham way.

We have hammerized him :raver:
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

I don't think we were "out foxed" or got it wrong tactically. It was very poor errors by players who should be able to do better. The 3rd goal was criminal.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

carnage wrote:I don't think we were "out foxed" or got it wrong tactically. It was very poor errors by players who should be able to do better. The 3rd goal was criminal.
err yes we were. we couldnt cope with thier extra man in the midfield, and once again, couldnt react to a formation that didnt pan out the way Sams laptop said it would., does my ****ing head in- the bloke is so past it. and he's ALL OURS.
Jigga

Post by Jigga »

BFS picked the wrong team today.

We got mugged early doors but showed real bottle to get back into it.

Bodes well for the play offs noone will want to play us over two legs.
RM6

Post by RM6 »

w4hammer wrote: if you thought Tomka looked shaky as Dm, as RB he's a ****ing nightmare. And he's a "product" of our academy...
Funny thing is we signed him as a striker.
GwentHammers
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by GwentHammers »

I have not read lots of the posts of this match thread so apologies if I am repeating myself.

Today was the turning point - maybe a little late - Reading losing next two games might help !

This game has similar pointers with the Spurs game - we lost that night but it kick started the revival - the whole club fought together ...

I really do believe we will win every game now & if necessary that includes the playoffs ...