West Ham Utd 3 Birmingham City 3 (09/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Re: West Ham United v Birmingham City: Match Thread

Post by e17 »

Jayhammer wrote:Really looking forward to this game, my 2 boys are going to be mascots today so hopefully they will bring us some luck?!
Hope they have a brilliant time mate :thup:

I'm in the eternally optimistic camp, & expect a 1-0 win to wash down my fried onions, mustard & ketchup with this afternoon
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

e17 wrote:

I'm in the eternally optimistic camp, & expect a 1-0 win to wash down my fried onions, mustard & ketchup with this afternoon
Feel sorry for the poor sod who will be sitting next to you tonight :lol:
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Taking youngest daughter, kicking around until leaving time hate these tea time kick offs.
Fear a 1- 1 bore draw
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Woken up feeling like **** today and I'm in the Bobby Moore lower today as I moved season tickets for the last few games.

Omens?
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

Puff Daddy wrote:As Birmingham will be coming to U P today, looking to finish as high as they can, I don't think they will come with the sole intent of just grabbing a point and trying to stop us from playing. I think they will come wanting to get all 3, so I think this will be quite an open game. Even more open, should we score first. We might even see a 3-2 today
That's jinxed it, 0-0 written all over it now :lol:
e17

Post by e17 »

Puff Daddy wrote:Feel sorry for the poor sod who will be sitting next to you tonight:
That'll be the Dorris mate :lol: I feel sorry for her every night!

Sits there with her bag of sweets, tutting at me slurping on me bovril, she aint got a scooby what's happening on the pitch.

Mind you, most of this season she's been the lucky one!
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

I'm struggling to see anything other than an emphatic win for us .

This is the day the Birmingham legs finally grow tired at the end of a long gruelling season , and Sams superstars put them to the sword .

Mark Noble will score a glorious goal today .

Preview Percy appears to have overslept , could somebody give him a nudge please . :thup:
Last edited by the pink palermo on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Matt of iron wrote:Woken up feeling like **** today and I'm in the Bobby Moore lower today as I moved season tickets for the last few games.

Omens?
If you hear someone who's a bit more shouty and sweary than everyone else you'll know who it is. :lol:
e17

Post by e17 »

Matt of iron wrote:Woken up feeling like **** today and I'm in the Bobby Moore lower today as I moved season tickets for the last few games.

Omens?
Only second time this season for me not in the chicken run, & we're up in the Gods (ie: West Stand Upper)

The last one up there with the kids & binoculars was a 1-1 draw that left me reminiscing about Curbs team in the pub afterwards...

F'n hope THAT ain't an omen :lol:
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

I hope we keep pretty much the same team as against Barnsley, Reid is no short lad either, and with his positional sense him and Tomkins should be able to keep Zigic at bay. Maynard needs a run in the side.

Cole and Carew I see as perfect players to bring on after 60 or 70 minutes or so. Strangely enough Cole seems to play a lot better and with a lot more heart and desire when he doesn't start. Would love to see Maynard/Baldock combo at some point and how Brum deal with them.

Regardless of starting team, having an almost fully fit squad, what an impressive bench we could have for the game today, have your pick from: Collins, Faye, Diop, Collison, Morrison, Lansbury, Baldock, Cole, Carew...
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

These are clearly strange omens fellas. :lol:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

the pink palermo wrote:I'm struggling to see anything other than an emphatic win for us .

This is the day the Birmingham legs finally grow tired at the end of a long gruelling season , and Sams superstars put them to the sword .

Mark Noble will score a glorious goal today .

Preview Percy appears to have overslept , could somebody give him a nudge please . :thup:
It won't be emphatic, but I so think this will be an entertaining game, with both sides going for it. What we cannot do is shut the other side out, so they are going to score. Earlier, I posted a possible 3-2. This even has the makings of a 4-3
e17

Post by e17 »

I want Zigic to slip over & bruise his 'arris so badly he has to come off

Hate the fella
poplargeezer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by poplargeezer »

e17 wrote:I want Zigic to slip over & bruise his 'arris so badly he has to come off

Hate the fella
Is this a case of Tallist abuse?
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

HamburgHammer wrote:I hope we keep pretty much the same team as against Barnsley, Reid is no short lad either, and with his positional sense him and Tomkins should be able to keep Zigic at bay. Maynard needs a run in the side.

Cole and Carew I see as perfect players to bring on after 60 or 70 minutes or so. Strangely enough Cole seems to play a lot better and with a lot more heart and desire when he doesn't start. Would love to see Maynard/Baldock combo at some point and how Brum deal with them.

Regardless of starting team, having an almost fully fit squad, what an impressive bench we could have for the game today, have your pick from: Collins, Faye, Diop, Collison, Morrison, Lansbury, Baldock, Cole, Carew...

Yes this is almost 100% right. The only disagreement I have is the Carew question If you keep an unchanged team from Barnsley (which I think is sensible) then you don't need both Cole and carew on the bench: I'd have the same starting eleven with Faye, Diop, Lansbury, Baldock and Cole on the bench. I'd even consider having Morrison in place of Faye or Diop if I'd seen him play!
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Libero, don't get me wrong: I certainly wouldn't put both Cole AND Carew on the bench. They are both similar and I wouldn't start either of them at this point in time anyway. If we bring on a striker after 60 or 70 minutes I don't really care if we send out Cole or Carew,
either of them could do a great job for 20-30 minutes, especially if we already hold a lead at that point.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Preview Percy's match preview:

http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=3021" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hammer70

Post by hammer70 »

e17 wrote:I want Zigic to slip over & bruise his 'arris so badly he has to come off

Hate the fella
Me too mate, I hate hearing the guys name being mentioned. For some reason I feel he's going to score, :thdn:
The_Upton_Larker

Post by The_Upton_Larker »

They've lost 9 away games this season. Tells me they are beatable. We just need a performance, from players and fans. No getting edgy if its still 0-0 in the second half. We have to be patient and not chase the game.

Also think Palace will do us a favour today and draw.
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

Win this one and I fancy us to go on a run that we need to the season's end; Brum are ****ers though and tend to mess us up when it matters most.

Living where I do, knowing some Bluenoses and having worked in their ****hole of a city, I hope we tear them a fresh one.