West Ham Utd 6 Brighton & Hove Albion 0 (14/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Bergen Hammer
Has liked: 1 like

Re: West Ham United v Brighton and Hove Albion: Match Thread

Post by Bergen Hammer »

chunkay wrote:To beat Brighton we only need to nullify CMS and maybe Ashley Barnes if they play him. Poyet is a great manager but the team is very mediocre, particularly in defense. 3-1 to us.

----------------------- Green -----------------------
- Demel ----- Reid ----- Faye ---- Macca -
--------------------- Tomkins ---------------------
-------------- Noble -------- O'Neil -------------
---------------------- Nolan -----------------------
-------------- Vaz Te ------- Maynard --------

Tomkins to hold off CMS, two fast strikers because their centerbacks are so big and slow, they're probably on Sam's shortlist. One of the goals from Nolan bundling it over, two nice Vaz Te/Maynard Finishes once confidence is up from goal #1
I like your plan :D

However if Noone plays we should keep an eye on him, he was a handfull last time iirc
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

Bergen Hammer wrote:if Noone plays we should keep an eye on him, he was a handfull last time iirc
-
Shirley if no-one plays it would not count :lol:
Bergen Hammer

Post by Bergen Hammer »

:lol: prepare your binoculars

sounds like a real fox in the box to me. most of them are invisible throughout the match anyway
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Is it wrong that I like Poyet? Along with Zola he seems un effected by the chelsea contamination. Actually Poyet had double dosage what with Tottenham past. Still I like him. Don't know why, but he was a decent footballer and now plays nice football and is a snappy dresser. I like Gus.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Wasn't Poyet slagging us off after the away win at the AMEX? He's in the same league as Martinez and Zola in my opinion. Top blokes outside football, but not particularly good managers.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Wasn't Poyet slagging us off after the away win at the AMEX?
To be fair, most of our own fans were slagging the team/manager off for the way we won there. It was a disgusting performance
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Wasn't Poyet slagging us off after the away win at the AMEX? He's in the same league as Martinez and Zola in my opinion. Top blokes outside football, but not particularly good managers.
What makes you think that Roberto Martinez is not a good Manager ?
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:Wasn't Poyet slagging us off after the away win at the AMEX? He's in the same league as Martinez and Zola in my opinion. Top blokes outside football, but not particularly good managers.
Poyet has done a fantastic job at Brighton.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: What makes you think that Roberto Martinez is not a good Manager ?
Exactly. The fact that he has kept that club in the Premiership for this amount of time is a miracle in its self

He has done a great at Wigan and has shown loyalty a long the way. I hope the bloke gets a shot at managing a half decent side sooner rather than later and I for one reckon he'll do a good job..
Last edited by Yea Why Not on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ishtar

Post by ishtar »

The bottom line is that if we dont win this 1 we will be in the play off,s then the last 3 games will be about preping the team for the 3 play off games, my hope would be that Saints win tonight and we beat Brighton.At least we will still have a chance.

My team
Green

Demel
Collins
Reid
Tomkins

Nolan
Noble
Lansbury

Vas Te
Cole
Maynard

Taylor,Oneil,Faye,Boldock,Diop
boleyn24

Post by boleyn24 »

Is anybody still waiting for their paper tickets to arrive by post? Mine came today.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

boleyn24 wrote:Is anybody still waiting for their paper tickets to arrive by post? Mine came today.
Mine too.

Season ticket holder in Chav corner who moved to Bobby Moore for last few games.

ended up in the chicken run for the Brum game.

Where will I be this week? :lol:
FrankieMacsPerm
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by FrankieMacsPerm »

Left before the post this morning so i'm hoping my tickets will be there when I get home this evening.

First Saturday game of the Season for me, can't wait.... Which means it will be a rubbish game!!! :lol:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

KUMB.com Match Preview (by Preview Percy): http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=3024" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Absentee Hammer

Post by Absentee Hammer »

I'm hearing from my brother who is a Brighton season ticket holder that Noone is a major doubt still from a hamstring problem but Vincente is their main threat, he is an excellent dead ball player and isnt afraid to shoot from distance and is their playmaker, who despite injuries since his signing, is the one we need to watch out for.

Sounds like we could do with Diop as a DM.
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

It's funny how the last 3 home games have been billed as 'the biggest game of the season' on the official site. Anything to plug the ticket sales I suppose! (Just like those irritating emails from Sam Allardyce with your name at the top for that personal touch which they think will actually entice you to click on the numerous links to buy a ticket for the next game)

Comical.

The biggest game of the season is now the play off semi first leg. Whatever happens between now and then is not important.

2-1 West Ham tomorrow. For what its worth.
Yea Why Not

Post by Yea Why Not »

Stepney wrote:It's funny how the last 3 home games have been billed as 'the biggest game of the season' on the official site. Anything to plug the ticket sales I suppose!.
Believe it or not, tomorrows game is being billed as the 'Top of the table clash' in the Evening Standards
Bergen Hammer

Post by Bergen Hammer »

Up the Junction wrote:KUMB.com Match Preview (by Preview Percy): http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=3024" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great preview, very entertaining :lol:
Absentee Hammer wrote:I'm hearing from my brother who is a Brighton season ticket holder that Noone is a major doubt still from a hamstring problem but Vincente is their main threat, he is an excellent dead ball player and isnt afraid to shoot from distance and is their playmaker, who despite injuries since his signing, is the one we need to watch out for.

Sounds like we could do with Diop as a DM.
Ah yes, good old Vicente. I always thought he failed to reach his ultimate potential, despite playing a whole bunch of imporant matches for club and country including a CL final, if im not mistaken. Clutching at straws here, but playing Vicente might create a little spark in Carew to 'outstage him', if BFS decides to stick him on for a few minutes.
Hope we have Demel fit, I really liked what i saw in the Barnsley match.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Georgee Paris wrote:Is it wrong that I like Poyet? Along with Zola he seems un effected by the chelsea contamination. Actually Poyet had double dosage what with Tottenham past. Still I like him. Don't know why, but he was a decent footballer and now plays nice football and is a snappy dresser. I like Gus.
I admire the fact that he wants to play football a certain way and that entertainment is an important part of that. I remember him doing a post match interview when they had lost and he wasn't too perturbed by the result but happier with the way that his team had played ... And acknowledged that there were things that they could learn from the performance.
Olliek92
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Olliek92 »

Wait...is this Vicente the same one that played on the left wing for Valencia under Benitez about 7-8 years ago is it? If it is we're in for it on Saturday with Tomkins/Demel at right back! He used to score for fun