West Ham Utd 6 Brighton & Hove Albion 0 (14/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

steptoe61

Re: West Ham United v Brighton and Hove Albion: Match Thread

Post by steptoe61 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Shockingly never came out to play at all.
You seem dissapointed?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Where did I say that. I think I said good performance by us, helped in a large part by ***** defending.

You don't think so ? You thought that defended well ?

:shock:
Coker

Post by Coker »

Dont like "BANTER" then dont go to a ****ing football match, does anyone actually think every fan from brighton is a poof?, no thats why its Banter

same when we sing dirty northern bastards, there not all dirty , some wash
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Where did I say that. I think I said good performance by us, helped in a large part by ***** defending.

You don't think so ? You thought that defended well ?

:shock:
No i couldnt give a sh*t how they defended,hopefully the rest are just as sh*t
claret parrot
Location: caught between the devil and the deep fried camembert.
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by claret parrot »

Superb performance West Ham. After a number of false dawns I'm a little reluctant to take anything for granted but the fact that this was our first resounding display at the Boleyn means I'm probably as upbeat about the run in to the end of the season, as at anytime since the rousing defeat by Tottenham Chutzpah that prefaced the great escape under Curbishley.

Fair play Sam you'll not be hearing a whole lot of criticism for a few days. Make the most of it won't you?
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Coker wrote:Dont like "BANTER" then dont go to a ****ing football match, does anyone actually think every fan from brighton is a poof?, no thats why its Banter

It's all light hearted most of the time. Give and take between sets of fans.

But I ****ing hate the word 'banter'. Proper muggy word!
joyful

Post by joyful »

I was a bit disappointed not to hear the Brighton fans respond with their usual riposte of "you're too ugly to be gay" but I guess a 6-0 stuffing does damage your sense of humour.

Well done to the Brighton sub who responded humorously to the chants too .
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Coker wrote:
:lol:
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

mjustincredible wrote:i appreciate brightons footballing philosphy and the fact that they like to knock it about on the floor but i was absolutely staggered by the fact that their keeper seems banned from booting the ball upfield. Seriously, if you get a chance to watch the whole game back again, just focus on their keeper, every time he caught the ball he ONLY throws the ball out to his full backs or drops it to the floor and passes it. Even the goal kicks he just passes the ball out and refuses to kick it long upfield.

Now I do admire this effort of playing good football yet they still do it even when they are heavily pressured and their is no one for the keeper to throw it to, yet he throws it out anyway. Madness! all teams have to do is play a high pressing game and they play into your hands just like we did yesterday
Their youth team played exactly the same way against us in the FA Youth Cup at Upton Park, it's quite a difficult thing to do if the opposition press up on you like we did yesterday (and in the Youth Cup).

The defenders must be gibbering wrecks after games like yesterday. Hundreds of touches under constant pressure for no purpose. I thought they played some decent football at times but there were some hilarious mishaps in their passing.
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

Coker wrote:Dont like "BANTER" then dont go to a ****ing football match, does anyone actually think every fan from brighton is a poof?, no thats why its Banter

I put them on par with the French
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

Just seen the goals.

****ing superb :crest:
Bergen Hammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Bergen Hammer »

Was my stag do yeterday, and to my surprise my buddies had sorted the game to be shown in a pub with a reserved table on the smoking allowed section. They don't normally watch West Ham games, so I was thrilled to see us finally getting things to click and the amazing perfomance from Vaz Te.

Will savour this moment for a long time :D

COYI
cornishiron
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by cornishiron »

steptoe61 wrote: Dont make it a big issue be happy for f,cks sake

I'm good at multitasking, I can be (very) happy and wonder how people feel about homochanting, but as you are the second person to tell me off for swearing in church... maybe I've got my answer.

It appears that some of the lads who love bantering aren't so interested in bantering about this issue.

I stand corrected and will s the f up.
Hammer_atown

Post by Hammer_atown »

Is this the first league hat-trick since Marlene's against Villa? I know Obinna's was in the Cup, but I can't for the life of me remember if there's been one between Tricky Ricky's and Marlene.
Tonythehammer

Post by Tonythehammer »

Well, for my son's first game, that was a cracker. He loved every minute of it, and is firmly a Hammer.

As for the banter - its just that. People letting off a bit of steam, and to prove how light hearted it is, when one of the Brighton subs was warming up, and those in the STB were giving him some stick, he responded with a gesture. He immediately got a huge round of applause and a chant of 'sign him up, sign him up'! Its always better when the players respond to the singing, as it kinda stops it from getting too out of hand.

Mind you, might be different if we were 6-0 down, rather than 6-0 up at the time.

And for the game itself, I thought the whole team played well. The ref was appalling. And Carlton Cole. Does everything right, except put the ball in the net. Even his goal was deflected off Lansbury. And it wasn't going to affect the result. He had a few weak shots, that was it. But he was immense at holding the ball up and making a bit of space - so, go figure. Is he worth his place in the team?

And why bring on Carew when Cole was still on the pitch? Surely Maynard or Baldock would have been itching to get on there and stretch their defence even more. Its not as if we needed an outlet up front to hold the ball up and give the defence a rest, is it?

6 more against Bristol, pleaes. And it pains me to say it because of that ginger twat, but c'mon the Posh!

Finally, I apologise - I have been to two matches this season, Barnsley away and Brighton at home. 10 for, 0 against. I should have been there for every other game. Time and money prevented me I'm afraid.
theflafson

Post by theflafson »

Tonythehammer wrote: And why bring on Carew when Cole was still on the pitch? Surely Maynard or Baldock would have been itching to get on there and stretch their defence even more. Its not as if we needed an outlet up front to hold the ball up and give the defence a rest, is it?
Baldock wasn't even on the bench for some reason so that wasn't an option.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

steptoe

Just a thought..If you really couldn't give a ***** why pull me up on it ????
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

Gummi wrote:http://www.footreview.net/home/viewvide ... 0-brighton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
OMFG !!!!!!! What a display...how on earth didn't Nolan get a hat-trick aswell...could so easily have had 10 or 12. I'll take six though - Vaz Te is outstanding....pure class two of his three.
terryturbo
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Highlights of the Brighton Game inside.....

Post by terryturbo »

hongkonghammer

Post by hongkonghammer »

Very good performance which was setup by a barnstorming first 10 minutes. I can't remember us having so many chances in the first 10 minutes of a game for a very long time. We could have easily scored 6 in that first 10 mins. The best thing for me is that we tried to play our football in the right areas and defensively we kept our concentration and cut out mistakes.

Brighton obviously were all over the place at the back but I think that was really forced on to them by our aggressive start.
Noble again played well for me and obviously Vaz Te had a great game and takes the plaudits for a very good hat trick. Other plus for me was seeing Collison getting some time. I personally would much rather see him play than Lansbury purely as I believe Collison has a future with us and Lansbury will be back at L'Arse shortly and I can't see us signing Lansbury on a permenant deal.

Well done to BFS, i'm not a big fan but got to admit over the last 4 or 5 games the style of our play has been a lot better with a good mixture of quick passing on the deck and direct passing when needed.

3 more wins and see what pans out.