Bristol City 1 West Ham Utd 1 (17/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Essex bill

Re: Bristol City v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Essex bill »

smuts wrote:One point from the top 2........11 goals against and 3 for and no back to back wins this calender year.

We just haven't been good enough and have to hope that we do the business in the play offs...
We won't have to win back to back games in the play-offs.

Win-Draw-Win 8-)
Halfwhere
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Halfwhere »

fjthegrey wrote:Not stupid Halfwhere, just totally ****ing bored of all you unrealistic doom mongers. We've been heading to the playoffs for a few weeks now, I've accepted it and I'm confident we can win them. Why would I fear Birmingham? Why would I fear Blackpool or Cardiff? We'll ****ing have them all.

Fear isnt for me and it shouldn't be for you either. Believe son, just believe.
I guess its just the fact that I always end up disappointed if I get my hopes up! There have been sooooo many times during this season when I've thought that we would go on a rampage and get auto prom!

All these let downs do however make the few highs all the sweeter :raver:
smuts
Has liked: 1500 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

fjthegrey wrote: Fear isnt for me and it shouldn't be for you either. Believe son, just believe.
Is that a quote from Yoda? :lol:
Bergen Hammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Bergen Hammer »

Muddy wrote: Imagine if we ever got Holloway in, i'd love it, i reccon he'd fit in well here. He's mad as a bag of frogs and plays good attacking football, we're all mad and we like good attacking football. We'd get on like a house on fire
:clap:
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

This is the way my mind works.

If we get Blackpool we will loose, as our lot will assume that we can do it again.

If we get Brum - we will be up for it and will turn them this time.
simon1982
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

Time to take the roof off Upton park for the playoff game, not fussed who we play.
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Well done Reading they had a fantastic run of form at the right time.........time now for us to put a winning run together..... COYI
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

smuts wrote:Is that a quote from Yoda? :lol:
No. But a few people on here could do with getting it tattooed backwards onto their body, so when they look in a mirror they can remind themselves of its message.
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

It's not over yet chaps. Saints are only 5 ahead as we have 6 points to play for.
Keep the faith, we are going up automatically :raver:
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

kenthammer1984 wrote:It's not over yet chaps. Saints are only 5 ahead as we have 6 points to play for.
Keep the faith, we are going up automatically :raver:
I'll have a crate of what you're on mister.
Welsh Iron

Post by Welsh Iron »

Just back from over the bridge.

I never want to see John Carew in a West Ham shirt again. He is worse than useless.

After we went one nil up we seemed to sit back and invite them on to us. Once they equalised, they gained confidence and were first to the ball in most of the midfield battles.

We had chances to win it in the second half and they were trying to do us on the break. I lost count of the times the ball went across the face of their goal and we had no one in the middle to put it away.

Our support first half was top drawer but went a bit quiet in the second half. More out of frustration than anything else, I think.

A point at a relegation threatened team when we're pushing for automatic promotion just isn't good enough.

Fair play to Reading, they peaked at the right time in the season. Were' still half way up the hill I'm afraid. Too many false dawns for a pre season favourite to go up as champions. Oh, well. Play offs it is then.

Onwards and Upwards

:crest:
If only....
Location: Wondering why WHU is not on the thrillseekers list of the most extreme rollercoasters

Post by If only.... »

Another season where the team and manager fail to outperform where we ought to be measured simply by size of payroll.
Odessa
Has liked: 268 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Odessa »

[quote="Muddy"] Alright the football's been pretty dyer at times/quote]

i.e. never started too often.
Kev59
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Kev59 »

Play offs is a good result. All the talk of pre-season favourites for promoton? Why? we were ****ing awful last season and came in to this season losing our two best players (Parker and Ba), having to rebuild the squad and morale. Reading have had an unbelievable run of form and fair play to them (shame their manager wasn't tempted to go to Wolves when mad Mick got sacked). Southampton have been stable and consistent all season.

We'll go up via the play offs and it'll be like it should be, with the top three teams getting promoted (but we;ll be the survivors in the premier league next season).

Onwards and upwards and if any of you miserable ST holding bastards want to get rid of their tickets for Wembley, give me a shout :D

COYI
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

3 games now until the play-offs, for me the important thing is to re-build up the head of steam from the past few weeks; we've played some cracking stuff the past month, scored a ****load of goals at last, and got some atmosphere back at the Boleyn again. Now if we can get that going full-tilt again... well who wouldn't want a repeat of the Ipswich semi home leg from 2004?

Momentum imperative - let's really have it for the last 6 games, show everyone what West Ham's about on all levels (particularly that toilet-roll Robbie Savage continually bleating on about 'what's the "West Ham way?" '), have a party at Wembley and get our wonderful club back where it should be.

Stiffen the sinews and summon up the blood gents. Keep the faith.

COYI :crest:
Doyley

Post by Doyley »

Just got back to my hotel....poor result tonight...Vaz Ta and Lansbury were poor...Tomkins MOM, for me,,,,CAREW....why o why do we bother with him...i know we need someone to hold the ball up, but he can't even jump or run!

The bright note of the night was i managed to get a ticket from the OLAS man....although at the same time, a seagull shat on me head!

Walking back to the hotel, old bill were everywhere....helicopters, riot vans etc...went pass some boozers with some nasty fellows standing outside...

Looks like Cardiff away in play-off's on a Thursday night...suppose that's better than away to Boro...!
GreenIron
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by GreenIron »

Doyley wrote:Just got back to my hotel....poor result tonight...Vaz Ta and Lansbury were poor...Tomkins MOM, !
Just got home from the match. Almost makes up for the nightmare of getting t and from home games. :D

I thought Vaz Te was decent. Tomkins MOM. Noble does some good stuff but (barring that challenge right near the end) usually takes just slightly too long to do it. Works against some opposition, not against others who are a bit quicker to close him down.

Result disappointing but not at all surprising. Big Sam on the radio straight after, talking b*llocks about how dominant we were. Smiley thing - lol.
tugboatpete

Post by tugboatpete »

We cant just turn up and expect to win -embarrassing misses apathy everywhere and the fat twat puts his hands in his pockets and sets us up wrong yet again--as soon as faubert came on -the service improved dramatically--- what exactly is maynard meant to do with the **** service he is given ??????????? drew today with one of the worst teams ive seen -yes should have had a penalty yes -goal dissallowed yes hit the upright as bfs will no doubt tell us how good we were!!! we were ****
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

cheers for that BFS, karren brady etc

£10000's spunked again on this useless load of lumps

bristol is full of west ham who wanted a bit of something tonight...and waht did we get????

we had a drink after the game and said AGAIn...everyone there tonight, in the stands knew how to play the game...oh wait a minute,,the changes are carew, jack and flubber.

never ever looked liked we wanted it tonight

again, im going to call super hero greeno as the chump of the night

i really dont like this team

i love this club

good night
poplargeezer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by poplargeezer »

Just got in from game.

Heard on the radio about Reading going up and brought home the big difference: we bought John Carew they got Jason Roberts

Carew is a big pile of..

So annoyed BFS took off Maynard who had no service all game and then soon as he goes off we pile the ball in the box - ideal for Maynard only to have no one there to tap it in.

Our crowd a bit subdued tonight. Full credit to the Bristol City fans - even if some of their singing was unintelligble to the ear.

Big disappointment with BFS and his tactics tonight.

Tomkins MOM