Bristol City 1 West Ham Utd 1 (17/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Re: Bristol City v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by bristolhammerfc »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:It wasn't drunken noise the bloke literally clapped the whole game and it sounds silly but it killed any songs that started by him singing them out of tune.

He was pretty strange. Were you in the cottage pub before the game. We should have some discreet KUMB ID.

Was walking in front of a group of hammers, all from London who had a bloke from down this way with them. We were on the waterfront by the SS Great Britain they were chatting about posting on a site. Didn't feel right just asking them if they were KUMBers.

May have got a smack in the gob :wink:
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Clifton is a bit trendy and hip for you Major, after a fat student?
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

I liked the away end - an old terrace divided in middle with home & away fans. Seats incidental and with no backs they looked as if they were just put in to meet regulations with no expectation anyone woudol sit on them.
Thought City fans were good too. They are a proper football club.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

warp wrote: what i can tell is that the bristol game wasn't much fun off the pitch.
What happened mate?
poplargeezer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by poplargeezer »

Unfair to slag off Maynard - he had crap service and no opportunities to pick ioff anything in nthe box - and the as soon as he went off loads of balls were whipped in which I am sure he would have made something off.

Carew - why, oh why did we not get Jason Roberts instead.
kenthammer
Has liked: 245 likes
Total likes: 395 likes

Post by kenthammer »

poplargeezer wrote:Unfair to slag off Maynard - he had crap service and no opportunities to pick ioff anything in nthe box - and the as soon as he went off loads of balls were whipped in which I am sure he would have made something off.

Carew - why, oh why did we not get Jason Roberts instead.

Audrey Roberts from Corry would have been a better buy than Carew
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

frankiemac wrote: What happened mate?
nothing special, just almost no singing for the entire second half. bit boring...
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

poplargeezer wrote:Unfair to slag off Maynard - he had crap service and no opportunities to pick ioff anything in nthe box - and the as soon as he went off loads of balls were whipped in which I am sure he would have made something off.
Totally agree, Maynard is the most proven goalscorer we have at this level. He needs a run in the side and a bit of help and I think he'd really do well.
poplargeezer wrote: Carew - why, oh why did we not get Jason Roberts instead.
Because if we'd signed another big striker in January some of our supporters would have exploded in a fit of pure rage? If we'd signed him I genuinely believe we'd be where reading are. Perhaps we should have pursued Kevin Davies a bit harder....?