Bristol City 1 West Ham Utd 1 (17/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

kthammer

Re: Bristol City v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by kthammer »

I wonder if Sam will start him? I have no idea whether Maynard is the kind of player who will have a quiet game out of 'respect' for his former club or whether it might motivate him. Seems like Sam thinks he is better than Baldock at leading the line but not so keen on him as an impact sub.
rsnwhu
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by rsnwhu »

Bristol 4 points clear of relegation so they will be wary but not desperate. Playing at their place so patience will be the key in the opening exchanges. After that, our lads should be able to get a couple of goals past them for the win. The main thing is to use the full width of the pitch and to not sit back. Middies must go meet their man with the ball not withdraw to the edge of the box.
Jameslegend
Has liked: 118 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Jameslegend »

Cambs Iron wrote: One of those photos on the bench he is sitting next to Da Costa.
I thought that!!
hammer2192

Post by hammer2192 »

Unlikely I know, but has anyone got 2 spare tickets for tomorrows game? I would be willing to meet outside the stadium hours before the game kicks off. Please let me know.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Bristol City have loads of players injured for the season (Wilson, Elliott and Clarkson), doubtful for tomorrow (Cisse and Nyatanga) or suspended (striker Brett Pitman), so hopefully we can attack them even more.

I would go with the same team from last Saturday, but would be prepared to bring on Maynard for Cole to spice things up a bit if the game should not go according to plan. The final few games will be quite exciting I reckon, let's hope we can still overtake Southampton.

COYI! :crest:
Last edited by HamburgHammer on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

This lot are still playing for there position in the league next year.

There more or less safe but another win will 100% guarantee it.

We cannot under estimate them, as they were bloody good at our place.
Last edited by Matt of iron on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
claretnblueglasses
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by claretnblueglasses »

He's got splinters, in his ass,
he's got splinters, in his ass,
he's got splinters, in his ass,
he's got splinters in his ass.
Guess they haven't seen our padded seats at UP then :wink:
BondsOfOslo

Post by BondsOfOslo »

Nice red Recaro chairs on top of that. I take this as an insult
Olliek92
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Olliek92 »

Ashton Gate's pitch is ****ing tiny, so using wingers will be difficult! I saw the City vs Cardiff game on TV, they were quality that game and deserved at least a point (They lost 2-1 with 2 own goals) They'll be well up for it under the lights and both teams really need a win. I'm predicting a 2-2 draw. Gutted I'm working so can't go.
Absentee Hammer

Post by Absentee Hammer »

We will win, but so will Soton too, we just gotta score a goal or 2 more that Soton to keep chipping away at the GD.

It's Sotons trip to Boro on Sat which will be the toughie for them, Boro have all to play for in getting a play off spot. We have the day off then and play Leicester on the Monday, which fingers x will be a non-game for Leicester as they will be beyond a play-off spot.

Then its all set up for a blinding last day of the season where we entertain Hull who will also be too far from the play-offs to care and Soton play Coventry who could still possibly have a chance of staying up if they win their game at relegated Donny on Sat 21st.

Exciting times gentlemen, exciting times.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Absentee Hammer wrote:Exciting times gentlemen, exciting times.
What ? No chance of a judicial review then ? Southampton maybe forgot to register Rickie Lambert with the Football League ?
Can we sue Reading for unprecedented luck in constantly winning games while creating less chances than their opponent ?
Can't wait for another senile judge to f*** things up for another team as long as it's not us again... :wink:
bobo

Post by bobo »

Interesting that they label him lazy yet, despite leaving in Jan, he's still their top scorer! Says a lot about the rest of their strikers.

Funny that really because the one thing I think he has done since coming in is work hard, probably too hard at times were in places he could just offer an option in behind the back four of other sides rather then work hard for the side.

I am completely gutted I couldn't get hold of a couple of tickets for this one!

Still looking & interested if any pop-up. :thup:
fester
Eats sh*t
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by fester »

hammer2192 wrote:Unlikely I know, but has anyone got 2 spare tickets for tomorrows game? I would be willing to meet outside the stadium hours before the game kicks off. Please let me know.
I'm gutted because I made other arrangements due to the website declaring all tickets sold for some time now. Mate of mine got 2 tickets this morning just by 'phoning West Ham box office. I'm local to Bristol as well Headbanger .

tickets for Hull came this morning, though.
Doyley

Post by Doyley »

Been working in Bristol today as i set up some meetings, just to be down here....managed to get to Ashton Gate this afternoon as i havent got a ticket for the game...

Apparently, you cant get a ticket in the Bristol end as we have sold out the away end. Unless you have history of buying tickets at Bristol, or your a season ticket holder or a member, they will NOT sell tickets to you.

This is because the game is classed as "High Risk" with a big police presence......

So i'm in Bristol without a ticket, which is very frustrating....

ANY ONE WITH A SPARE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.......cheers boys
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Doyley wrote:Been working in Bristol today as i set up some meetings, just to be down here....managed to get to Ashton Gate this afternoon as i havent got a ticket for the game...

Apparently, you cant get a ticket in the Bristol end as we have sold out the away end. Unless you have history of buying tickets at Bristol, or your a season ticket holder or a member, they will NOT sell tickets to you.This is because the game is classed as "High Risk" with a big police presence......

So i'm in Bristol without a ticket, which is very frustrating....

ANY ONE WITH A SPARE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.......cheers boys
Is correct my mate who is a ST holder tried to get me 4 today as they are on general sale he was asked who the tickets had been assigned to as they have to be assigned to someone who had previously registered , similar to our game V Millwall.
Espio
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Espio »

Last train is 22.35 so a real chance of being stranded if we get kept in.

Worth leaving the game 10 mins before FT? Will police allow it?
wozz

Post by wozz »

will there be any radio / streams for this one? :(
The_Upton_Larker

Post by The_Upton_Larker »

HamburgHammer wrote:Bristol City have loads of players injured for the season (Wilson, Elliott and Clarkson), doubtful for tomorrow (Cisse and Nyatanga) or suspended (striker Brett Pitman), so hopefully we can attack them even more.
Your not joking! Just lifted this from the Beeb website (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17661637)

"Bristol City will be without suspended striker Brett Pitman and James Wilson (ankle) is out for the season. Kalifa Cisse and Lewin Nyatanga are both doubtful with ankle problems and Marvin Elliott and David Clarkson are both injured. "

Apart from Pitman (who was on the bench), all of them played in the 0-0 draw. Maynard was obviously there too at that stage, so a severely weakened team. We really need to get at them. Any kind of performance and we should win.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Same as Saturday in terms of teamsheet, and positioning.

We have the stuff to beat them, and the stuff to beat them well.

15 goals in 4 games speaks for itself.

COYI!
The_Upton_Larker

Post by The_Upton_Larker »

Het-Field wrote:Same as Saturday in terms of teamsheet, and positioning.

We have the stuff to beat them, and the stuff to beat them well.

15 goals in 4 games speaks for itself.

COYI!
:thup: