Bristol City 1 West Ham Utd 1 (17/04/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Olliek92
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Re: Bristol City v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Olliek92 »

The_Upton_Larker wrote:
Apart from Pitman (who was on the bench), all of them played in the 0-0 draw. Maynard was obviously there too at that stage, so a severely weakened team. We really need to get at them. Any kind of performance and we should win.

I know we're good away but they are unbeaten in 5, and very capable against big sides (Birmingham 1 win 1 draw) (Southampton 2 wins) (2 1 goal defeats to Reading) (Leicester 2 wins) (West Ham 1 draw) As I said before under the lights their fans will be up for it and make it a hostile atmosphere. We obviously need to win but had it been earlier in the season I would've been happy with a draw.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1959 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Hoping for both a good performance and a huge goal differential.

Can't watch or listen because of school commitments.

Give the lads a good shout for me.

What a sacrifice I am making (but I need to learn Spanish in a hurry).

:wink:
westhamerica
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

I hope we can keep possession, because there's nothing I love more than watching Winston Reid try to do his Puyol impression out of the back. I'm quite not sure why I find this so amusing.
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

Any local hammers (BristolHammer?) got any parking advice/suggestions for this one? According to the away fans site sounds like it's all permit parking around the ground.
jammys78
Total likes: 1 like

Post by jammys78 »

Jus woken up and thought I'd inform you all of my dream I had last nyt, saints lost 1 nil and pboro and we won 2-1 at city comming from a goal down, also that Leicester lost 3nil all but ending there hopes of playoffs I'm very surprised I didn't cum a little bit!
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 207 likes
Total likes: 656 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Its not permit parking, only inside the ground. It will be coned off and patrolled by Parking Wardens. There is an Aldi on North ST that has free parking for two hours as long as you buy something in it, then after seven any restrictions end, meaning you could park at 5.30 and get free parking all night.

There is free parking on Hotwell Rd after 6.00 on one side and after 6.30 on the other. Single yellow lines are free after 6 in most areas, but check signs. Pay and display parking is around £2.00 all night from 6.

All speed cameras in Bristol have been switched off for a while now, so ignore those.

There is a retail park next to the ground, but it regularly gets coned off to prevent long term parking on match days.

If you get to Bristol early enough, you can park on roads that are unrestricted around the ground as long as cones are not there. If cones are placed after, you will not get booked and will be recorded as "in situ" when the cones are placed.

The A4 from the M5 motorway gets bumper to bumper at around 4.00-6.00.

There is a car park in the city centre in Trenchard ST, which is around £2.00 from 6pm. Number 24/25 buses stop near to the ground, and the stop to board is on the centre opposite the Hippodrome Theatre and right outside Raddison Blu.

If coming from the station get a number 8/9 into the centre then 24/25. Cabs are available at the station.
Espio
Has liked: 20 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Espio »

Any advice for trains home BH? Should / will I be allowed to leave the ground early? Are taxis plentiful?
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

1-3 Nolan to score again. O'Neil and Tomkins with the other two
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 207 likes
Total likes: 656 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

There are a couple of private firms nearby, but Taxi's from the ground will be in short supply. There are loads at the station. It will be a close call for those staying until the end if the police don't allow you to leave early.

It has been classed as a high category match, so might be worth ringing Avon and Somerset Police to check on what their policy is for this one.

I am hoping we are not being kept in. Parked my car near to the ground this morning and walked to work so I can get home afterwards as I am an "away fan" or as I am told by everyone here "the enemy". :wink:
richneal
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia. 5,000 miles from goal.
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by richneal »

Coker wrote:whatever the team , play 2 up front!

draws not good enough,
Sod the two up front. As per my post last week, let's do what we did in the second half against Brum and put seven up front. :wink:
wardy5705

Post by wardy5705 »

In Bristol now.... Where will people be drinking today....
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

bristolhammerfc wrote:Its not permit parking, only inside the ground. It will be coned off and patrolled by Parking Wardens. There is an Aldi on North ST that has free parking for two hours as long as you buy something in it, then after seven any restrictions end, meaning you could park at 5.30 and get free parking all night.

There is free parking on Hotwell Rd after 6.00 on one side and after 6.30 on the other. Single yellow lines are free after 6 in most areas, but check signs. Pay and display parking is around £2.00 all night from 6.

All speed cameras in Bristol have been switched off for a while now, so ignore those.

There is a retail park next to the ground, but it regularly gets coned off to prevent long term parking on match days.

If you get to Bristol early enough, you can park on roads that are unrestricted around the ground as long as cones are not there. If cones are placed after, you will not get booked and will be recorded as "in situ" when the cones are placed.

The A4 from the M5 motorway gets bumper to bumper at around 4.00-6.00.

There is a car park in the city centre in Trenchard ST, which is around £2.00 from 6pm. Number 24/25 buses stop near to the ground, and the stop to board is on the centre opposite the Hippodrome Theatre and right outside Raddison Blu.

If coming from the station get a number 8/9 into the centre then 24/25. Cabs are available at the station.
:thup: Cheers BH
claretnblueglasses
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by claretnblueglasses »

Really pumped up for this, although I'm not going. Not sure I can handle another radio game though - frightens the life outta me.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Yea Why Not wrote:1-3 Nolan to score again. O'Neil and Tomkins with the other two
You're forgetting Vaz Te's obligatory goal.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Sam must go with a winning and confident side! from Saturday, no use draws now, We need to get behind the players just as much as we did on Saturday when it was tremendous from the first to the last whistle at the end of the game!

Come on You Irons! we can do it!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2697 likes

Post by sendô »

We want 7. Any less is a failure.

Seriously though, they are decent despite their position and will make it hard for us, so a drab 1-0 will do me fine thanks.
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

The OS preview makes it look as if Cole and O'Neill might sit this one out. Flushed with my rare success last Saturday (I picked my team, Sam put it out, we won 6-0), I'll try for another.

Green
Demel-Tomkins-Reid-Taylor
Noble-Diop
Lansbury-Nolan-Vaz Te
Maynard

Henderson, Collins, Faubert, Carew, Baldock

I hope Sam's not tempted to replace the attacking Taylor with the more 'defensive' (ie cr*p) Collins
Not been too impressed with Maynard so far, but this should be the perfect match for him to shine
I think we might win 3-0 :crest:
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

I would be loathed if we made too many changes to the line-up.

Hope we play the following:-

---------------Green---------------
Demel--Tonks--Reid---Taylor
-----------Noble----O'Neil------
Faubert--------------------------
-------------Nolan-------Vaz Te
----------------Cole----------------

I would be happy if Lansbury played but I feel some extra pace to help Demel out on the right hand side with Faubert would make us even stronger.
llanelliiron

Post by llanelliiron »

Working till 3 so won't be getting there much before 6 so hoping to get a pint close to ground
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

well far to often this season we have followed up an impressive win with a poor/dissapointing result and I just hope we don't do the same tonight.