POSF1: Cardiff City 0 West Ham Utd 2 (03/05/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

AnthraxDave
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Re: Cardiff City v West Ham Utd: (play off) match thread

Post by AnthraxDave »

Carlton was absolutely ****ing superb tonight. Sam seems to have got him back to his menacing best recently.
Apart from Overchuffed, I think it is a tie for runner up for MoM award between O'Neill, Noble and Reid.

Really suprised at how poor Cardiff were, though that may have been down to how effective we were at stopping them play, to be fair.

Great team performance and one that is leaving me stupidly confident. Just hoping that Nolan's miss doesn't come back to bite us on the arse....
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Sam is no mug he will make sure our team realise that it ain't over til the fat manager sings :wink:
eastsidejon

Post by eastsidejon »

AnthraxDave wrote:Carlton was absolutely ****ing superb tonight. Sam seems to have got him back to his menacing best recently.
Apart from Overchuffed, I think it is a tie for runner up for MoM award between O'Neill, Noble and Reid.

Really suprised at how poor Cardiff were, though that may have been down to how effective we were at stopping them play, to be fair.

Great team performance and one that is leaving me stupidly confident. Just hoping that Nolan's miss doesn't come back to bite us on the arse....
Hard to pick a MotM but I though Demel had a stormer tonight.
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Cole MOTM for me, his touch and vision was making me overchuffed.
Blackythebanktramp

Post by Blackythebanktramp »

a fantastic team performance tonight and credit to Sam for sussing them out and setting his team up perfectly. Every player did a cracking job and thoroughly deserved the victory. more of the same in the return leg and smash them on the break when they come hunting for goals. :crest:
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Quality from the starting 11, no passengers everyone played their part and contributed. Hard to remember when last I was this proud of a team performance like the one tonight.

Back 4 all superb, Demel is a very tidy footballer with bags of energy. Tomkins and Reid looked excellent together again and Taylor carried on with his consistent performances at LB.

Vaz Te was off key tonight, but done well with the assist for the first goal. Nolan, Noble and O'Neil outhustled their midfield all game and played some very nice football at times to retain the ball. Players I was concerned about such as Dowie and Whittingham never had a chance to get into the game thanks to our midfield. Collison worked hard and deserved a bit of luck with the 2nd, surprised at how well he done tonight considering how uncomfortable he has looked out wide this season.

Carlton was immense tonight, one of his best performances in the lone striker role.

Very proud, well done to all the travelling fans and can't wait to get behind the team at UP on Monday
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Superb display, well done everyone but special mention to Carlton, fantastic tonight like the Zola days from him.
COYI Same again monday. :crest:
hammersgirl7573

Post by hammersgirl7573 »

I sat with all the home fans, singing my West Ham songs on my own :lol: loved watching Collison shhh the Cardiff fans after his first goal, very funny. Thought Cole was great, almost like a one man team - stifled Cardiff's play. Top stuff. Looking forward to going on Monday.
helloducks

Post by helloducks »

Wally showing his appreciation
wally downes ‏ @wal10

what a great turn out by the west ham fans tonight,only allowed couple of thousand tickets,but sang the boys to victory #funniestfansaround
Carlton - superb
Rodriguez

Post by Rodriguez »

We had them all over the pitch and thought Cole was superb, the way the ball stuck to him like glue reminded me of the Zola days.

My only worrying moment after the 4th min was when Faubert came on and he didnt put a foot wrong.
Lilyhammer

Post by Lilyhammer »

Great result, superb support, and would of taken a 2-0 away win before the game,
My only gripe was I thought we could and should of put 5 past the horrible diving cheating welsh bastards!!
Now let's show them how much noise a proper crowd can make on Monday.
C.C just needs to learn how to jump for a header! And Vaz ta looks a bit out of sorts out wide, would love to have seen him getting on the end of some of the balls over the top of the Cardiff back 4
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

We look such a better team with Gary O'Neill's energy in midfield
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Tomkins was MoM for me. Not a foot wrong and won every header.

CC great too, nobes, Oneill, Demel. all had blinders

One of our hammers are banging on wembley's door :crest:
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

hammersgirl7573 wrote:I sat with all the home fans, singing my West Ham songs on my own :lol: loved watching Collison shhh the Cardiff fans after his first goal, very funny. Thought Cole was great, almost like a one man team - stifled Cardiff's play. Top stuff. Looking forward to going on Monday.

You must be very pretty to get away with that.
bobo

Post by bobo »

Cole looks like an England Centre Forward again.

What ever your doing Sam keep doing it.

The team pretty much picks it's self at the minute with Lansbury & Collinson swapping around.

Think that maybe the only change on Monday! Game might just come a bit quick for young Collison.
Rodriguez

Post by Rodriguez »

Yea Why Not wrote:We look such a better team with Gary O'Neill's energy in midfield
I've a few mates who are Pompey fans that adore him
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Yea Why Not wrote:We look such a better team with Gary O'Neill's energy in midfield

Considering his injury he is a walking miracle and surely the days of our crap medical team are well and truly over now. :think:
hammersgirl7573

Post by hammersgirl7573 »

speculator wrote: You must be very pretty to get away with that.
Haha being a girl definately helps!
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

Definately. Still reckon we would have gone up automatically had he been available earlier from injury - Gives us that bit extra in midfield to pick out the odd killer pass. He really is a class act and hope he is with us, whatever league we are in, next season.
17 years of hurt
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by 17 years of hurt »

Absolutely spot on. Had to bite my tongue most of the game on Saturday as there was a couple of guys behind me laying into him, giving it " whys o'neill in the side, he's a waste of space".

We are a much better team with him in the first eleven.

Also loving the centre back pairing at the moment. Tomka and Reid :thup: