POSF1: Cardiff City 0 West Ham Utd 2 (03/05/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Re: Cardiff City v West Ham Utd: (play off) match thread

Post by sjb958 »

Think it's a disgrace about the ticketing for us for last night's game, from Cardiff's point of view...

Firstly from where I was sitting the ground was around 2,000 under capacity (plenty of space to the away fans' left). West Ham could have been given an extra 2,000 tickets and there still would have been space imo.

Secondly I believe it's unbelieveable that while the West Ham fans had to pick up their tickets from the services, any Tom, Dick or Harry could buy a ticket in the home stand without any proof whatsoever (online). I, as well as countless others was sotting in the home end last night - utterly ridiculous.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

The Sherriff wrote:My MOTM was Winston though. I think he has limitations as player but my god he was impressive last night. His head is a magnet to the ball. Towards the end of the game he even thought he was Gerrard pinging 60 yards ball from wing to wing.
He has been just as good as Tomkins from day one this season. Absolutely superb season considering what most of us thought of him last year
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

upton girlie wrote:Romford is currently on the train back with the WHU team at the moment - wish I was a fly on the wall :lol:
What happened to the coach they went there on? Suppose it was another G&S cheapo
Last edited by Yea Why Not on Fri May 04, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammersam

Post by hammersam »

riksdodgydeals wrote:Random luck??

Sorry Malky but watch the replay and you'll see Jackys shot was going in the opposite corner anyway!

Nice to see O'Neil getting some props at last, I always thought if it wasnt for Reo Coker ruining him last season we would have stayed up
Tomkins, Reid, Taylor, O'neill, Noble, Nolan and Cole were a different level last night to the championship.

RVT was quiet for once which was ashame, and Rob Green had a nightmare coming for crosses and long throws. Made a great save at the start of the game but everytime he came for a corner might heart sunk!
Aceface
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 1444 likes

Post by Aceface »

Up the Junction wrote: Bit of respect for their lot ... a far better class of forummer than the Reading or Soton lot, the fly-by-night *****.
4 real.

I read a lot of other forums and the Soton one would be challenging for the most insular out there. I have no problem with people slagging the club off - par for the course on every forum and you shouldn't read other forums if it did - but the lack of humour, knowledge and self-awareness at their digs is truly stunning at times.
Aceface
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 1444 likes

Post by Aceface »

hammersam wrote: RVT was quiet for once which was a shame
Lot of people saying this, but I think the single most crucial moment of the match was his chasing down of the ball and hooking it back in the assist for Collison. No-one else in the team would have made it to the ball in time - it looked for all money to be going out. Getting a goal that early put them right on their heels and shut the crowd up.

Just for that 3 seconds alone he earned his corn last night.
JLCABA
Has liked: 203 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by JLCABA »

Would any one else on here delight in pummeling Liam Lawrence in the face ? :think:
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 108 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

Yea Why Not wrote: He has been just as good as Tomkins from day one this season. Absolutely superb season considering what most of us thought of him last year
Beg to differ.

JT has been head and shoulders above everyone in the team. Made up that Nobes got HOTY but was a little surprised as Tomkins has been excellent.. I think Winston has limitations though he has got better as the seasons progressed. Both Faye and JT are better CB's in my opinion.

All credit to Winston though, fine performance last night. If we get into the prem though the ball will be played on the deck alot more, that will stretch him technically.
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Can't remember the last time Reid made a mistake
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

JLCABA wrote:Would any one else on here delight in pummeling Liam Lawrence in the face ? :think:
Me.

Found it wholeheartedly chortlesome when he was found on his knees, clutching his head, having just deflected the ball into his own net, via way of that offensive, angst fuelled face of his.

C*nt
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1454 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

I was at the Millennium stadium with my Dad (Huddersfield Town fan) to watch him do this!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Laugh? I almost s*it myself!
Captain Slaphead
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by Captain Slaphead »

sjb958 wrote:while the West Ham fans had to pick up their tickets from the services
A Plod that I spoke to at the Services volunteered the info that this nonsense was nothing to do with S Wales Police. Can anyone confirm this ?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Yea Why Not wrote:
What happened to the coach they went there on? Suppose it was another G&S cheapo
The coach took them from the Celtic Manor Resort to Newport station where they jumped in my First Class Carriage.

They were then collected direct from Paddington in another VIP coach.

Hardly a cheapo....more a relax the players at all costs.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

sjb958 wrote:Think it's a disgrace about the ticketing for us for last night's game, from Cardiff's point of view...

Firstly from where I was sitting the ground was around 2,000 under capacity (plenty of space to the away fans' left). West Ham could have been given an extra 2,000 tickets and there still would have been space imo.

Secondly I believe it's unbelieveable that while the West Ham fans had to pick up their tickets from the services, any Tom, Dick or Harry could buy a ticket in the home stand without any proof whatsoever (online). I, as well as countless others was sotting in the home end last night - utterly ridiculous.
Palace had 3649 at the ground for the semi....

I think it has more to do with how many the Met will allow the Taffs at our place TBH.

One does wonder though how will Cardiff ever fill their ground if they couldn't do it last night.
hammer_lad

Post by hammer_lad »

Just seemed to take forever to get there yesterday, got stuck on the M25 and then the same on the M4 a bit. Then it took forever to get off that slip road to get up the services.

i assume we are not the only club that have to pick our tickets up like that, how is that going to be allowed if they were to get into the premiership?

I thought the stadium itself was pretty decent.

oh and the greggs accross the road - steak slice 93P!!!!! - £1.60 in London.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1035 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Anyone else have a headache from doing the ayatollah? One of my favourite West Ham trips ever.
10 Iron

Post by 10 Iron »

Just Back, lovely night, few beers down the Tiger Bay, Lost Romford and a few others somewhere in Cardiff, great boozers Great all round performance from the lads chuffed for JC, Here is to Mon :thup:
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

Romford wrote:I think it has more to do with how many the Met will allow the Taffs at our place TBH.
When I was in touch with the South Wales Pllodd about arrangements from the league match a couple of months back they were at great pains to point out that: In relation to the match in Cardiff the restrictions are exactly the same as the West Ham v Cardiff match in London in August 2011.

(c&p from an email sent to me).

The proper question to be asking is why the Met find it necessary to do the "tickets from the designated rendez-vous point" thing in teh first place. I suppose they'll point out that there was little or no trouble at the league fixture in justification of this policy but that's a bit like people wearing lucky socks to matches - much as they'd like to say otherwise, doing it has no effect on the result.

One might almost think that someone was on commission from the service stations!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 3415 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Romford wrote:The coach took them from the Celtic Manor Resort to Newport station where they jumped in my First Class Carriage.
What's the goss, big man? Any injuries?
Cambs Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Cambs Iron »

Matt Taylor :thup: back to some of the form we saw at the start of the season, some of his crosses were quality. The one late in the second half when Cole slid in for it was great technique. They are the type of crosses Baldock and Maynard would love (not a dig at Carlton, he was superb last night).