POSF2: West Ham Utd 3 Cardiff City 0 (07/05/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Cardiff City: (play off 2nd leg) match thread

Post by Hammer83 »

Superb stuff all round really enjoyed the game today and am liking this more fluid formation we seem to have been playing of late a narrow 4-4-2 with width provided by Demel n Taylor and the important part support for Cole in the shape of Vaz te and Nolan. :thup:
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

Lincolnhammer92 wrote:Winston and Tomka were outstanding today, AGAIN. I honestly cannot see any difference between them and defenders such as Phil Jones or Chris Smalling.
The difference is the other two have to face RVP and Aguero's of this world while our two boys face the Miller's and Chopra's.
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

Wembley, Wembley, we're the famous West Ham and we're going to Wembley.

Can't ****ing wait for it, can only see it in a pub but who gives a f***. :raver:
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

What an awesome day. It was nice for once to know we were going to win before the final whistle.

Everything has been said about the game.

Massive shout out to the bloke on the C2C who phoned his mate who was getting married on the 19th, the conversation went like such, "Mate, you know I'm best man at your wedding? I resign, I won't be going, you'll find me at Wembley." :lol:
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

bbc wrote:...dealt with in a clinical style by a rampant West Ham...
:lol:
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Hammer Laffers wrote:What an awesome day. It was nice for once to know we were going to win before the final whistle.

Everything has been said about the game.

Massive shout out to the bloke on the C2C who phoned his mate who was getting married on the 19th, the conversation went like such, "Mate, you know I'm best man at your wedding? I resign, I won't be going, you'll find me at Wembley." :lol:
lol, a couple of STH's I know are on holiday and the word was going round that Mark Noble was due to get married on the 19th !!
Faubert's Boot
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faubert's Boot »

Can't believe i get to see West Ham play at Wembley, was so gutted last season in the League Cup and thought i was never going to see them at Wembley. Just one season later i can! So ****ing happy :D
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Faubert's Boot wrote:Can't believe i get to see West Ham play at Wembley, was so gutted last season in the League Cup and thought i was never going to see them at Wembley. Just one season later i can! So ****ing happy :D
Result for yer mate good luck! '80 FA Cup was brilliant last 'final' I managed to see hope it turns out as good!
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Played great over the two legs and we fully deserve our place in the final. It could however have all been different had Cardiff been awarded their penalty. It looked pretty clear cut to me
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Hammer83 wrote:
The difference is the other two have to face RVP and Aguero's of this world while our two boys face the Miller's and Chopra's.
Blindingly obvious but so true :)
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Yea Why Not wrote:Played great over the two legs and we fully deserve our place in the final. It could however have all been different had Cardiff been awarded their penalty. It looked pretty clear cut to me
So the BBC said, I was right behind it in the BMU - assuming I'm thinking of the right incident and it didn't look like a penalty to me. One of the things I aim to check tomorrow when I watch the game again on sky+
Essex bill

Post by Essex bill »

In 12 days time I can fulfil my major lifetime ambition! So ****ing happy right now!!! :raver:
wivenhoetim
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by wivenhoetim »

Some general observations..
Never seen better protected coaches after a game
Never seen such a long queue outside Nathans
Never heard so many different areas of the ground so loud.
East stand BML banter was superb.

Specifics...
Green - unused
Back four -untroubled tight and confident, 90 mins from Demel a bonus..Tomkins and Reid simply awesome.
Nolan and Noble finally working together. One recognised as player of the year, the other is player of the year. Both inspirational in their own way.
O Neill, un-sung hero, never stopped running, a major reason why we play successful in ya face pressing football
Vaz Te started wide, pulled in centrally after 15mins and simply toyed with Cardiff, Arrogant, selfish and petulant, all attributes of a natural goal-scoring footballer...a new dimension to the team.
Carlton cole was again outstanding in his normal bullish innocent way, though maybe should have come off 20 mins earlier, playing as well as ever, and at last appreciated which is all he craves.
Matty Taylor always slightly uncomfortable at LB, pushing on and whipping in crosses though, he has no equal.

Loved the day every single glorious moment of it,,until I saw this: TICKETS UNLIKELY TO REACH GENERAL SALE..
I live in hope cos I don't want today to end just yet :crest:
Ticket 2 Ryde

Post by Ticket 2 Ryde »

Great day just got back to the IOW .. Team were superb today Cardiff had nothing to trouble us with..
Proper funny when the security guys tried to get everyone to sit down then we all started singing stand up if you love west ham and every ****er stood up.. Nice to see Anton there too I think he liked our songs about John terry :raver:
Iron worker
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Iron worker »

No way was it a penalty to Cardiff in the first half. He kicked Reid in the back of the leg, then fell over!
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Iron worker wrote:No way was it a penalty to Cardiff in the first half. He kicked Reid in the back of the leg, then fell over!
Agree - they were contesting the ball, and Reid got his leg across and Miller ran into it. Ref got it spot on.
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

What a ****ing amazing day!! Just got in, singing all the way back to Upminster, singing in the car back to Woodham and singing in the Indian! All of that following a mental game in the East Upper and an awesome party in The Boleyn after. Proud to be West Ham today, told my mate to savour the moment at the end of the match as it's one we won't see again for a very long time. Superb....Wemberlyyyyy, Wemberlyyyyyyyy, We are the famous West Ham and we're going to Wemberleyyyyyyyyy!!!! :crest:
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

Even Mike Dean had a good game!
WalthammerUSA

Post by WalthammerUSA »

Americanos, the match replay is on Fox Soccer Plus right now
Canadianhammer

Post by Canadianhammer »

[quote="sjb958"]Even Mike Dean had a good game!

:lol: He did indeed.
That wasn't a penalty...the guy didn't have control of the ball.
What a great result and a great performance. Seems the lads have come into form just at the right time.
Well done and congrats all round especially to the supporters.