POF: Blackpool 1 West Ham United 2 (19/05/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Re: Blackpool v West Ham United Play-Off Final: Match Thread

Post by davids cross »

the pink palermo wrote:Don't be fooled DC,.
I want confirmation that wasn't Gnomes telephone voice........and he is like that in normal conversation.

Can you confirm Pink ? :lol:
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

Amazing day. From emptying the tesco opposite Hamilton Hill of beer by 12:00, singing in the street, the epic tube from Liverpool st to Wembley, the superb atmosphere in the stadium and the many many beers afterwards. Left my place at half 7 in the morning, got home at 2am. One of the best days of my life.

Thanks again to UTJ for the ticket, a day i'll never forget :thup:
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Ted Fenton wrote:Is there a recording/download available for the Gnome interview?
Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Link to Gnome's interview on Radio5 this morning. Scroll forward to 1:20:00 or thereabouts.............
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

davids cross wrote: I want confirmation that wasn't Gnomes telephone voice........and he is like that in normal conversation.

Can you confirm Pink ? :lol:
A man of many voices, truly a master of disguise , but yes that was his normal voice .He was answering the questions not posing them by the way , in case you weren't sure who was who ....
hammer2192

Post by hammer2192 »

What a day, I said the day we got relegated that we'll be back and we've done it! Best day of my life so so buzzing! Loved walking about with an Ian Hollaway mask after the game with my West ham colours on :lol:

I just want to say a special thanks to every West Ham supporter this season, thoroughly enjoyed going home and away with all of you. Especially to the supporters who went to the Leicester away game, we still believed we could go up and the Premier League awaits!

WE ARE GOING UP SAY WE ARE GOING UP!!!
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Post by davids cross »

the pink palermo wrote:He was answering the questions not posing them by the way , in case you weren't sure who was who ....
:lol:
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Anyone got a download of the match?
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

plastic'n'proud wrote:This Bleedin hurts! Well done on yesterday! There i've said it :shock: Playoffs are a weird thing. Some hate them, others love em. You'll be in the latter today no doubt. Looking at the table you were the 3rd best in the division, so really looking it from that viewpoint alls fair..... Hope you learn from your mistakes from your last season in the Prem, otherwise you may end up struggling again. Maybe the time of the 3 that are promoted being relegated straight away are over? Swansea, Norwich, West Brom, Qpr and especially Newcastle seem to be changing this statistic. West Ham shouldn't be viewed as Hoofball or negative, your history screams that. Can you be more expansive, or will the threat of failure loom large over SA? Hope you make a fist of it because Your team has and should be known for playing in a certain way. Sam has done what he was brought in for, will that change his instincts? He is a battler and his teams frustrate and scrap. You certainly fought yesterday. We now have another year in the Championship, if we keep Ollie especially, I think we can take heart from this year and maybe do without Wembley altogether. After losing to Torquay in 91 and yourselves yesterday, Wembley is a loooong way home after losing. Not so long after winning! Top 2 and no more playoffs for a while maybe. I said in one of my earlier posts that sometimes you come away from a game thinking how'd we lose that. Sometimes and yesterday i wonder if the writers were watching the same game. Scrappy was one report. Thought it was a proper game, no fannying about, diving (apart from that 10/10 from Mr Green) nothing niggly. End to end stuff. Proud of our lads yet again, knew we wouldn't freeze or give less than total effort. Another day and we'd have had 3 in the 1st 20 minutes. If only eh? Any way Good luck, maybe we'll be playing each other again soon? Up the Mighty Pool! P.S. keep your mits off young Mr Ince. He's ours and you're not having him. x
Thank you p'np.
Stick around, we like other teams supporters on this site. Especially when they behave like you.
Best of luck for next season, even if you have to do it without Tom Ince. I really hope we buy him.
Jonah
Has liked: 639 likes
Total likes: 544 likes

Post by Jonah »

Gnome wrote:Radio 5 Live just called - they want to bring the interview forward!

Now on at 7.20am!
Nice one Gnome. I sat there listening to that in my car, parked in a dreary Tonbridge car park while waiting for my 100 mile bike ride to start. Perked me up for the challenge ahead!
Posh-Hammer

Post by Posh-Hammer »

[quote="hammer2192"]What a day, I said the day we got relegated that we'll be back and we've done it! Best day of my life so so buzzing! Loved walking about with an Ian Hollaway mask after the game with my West ham colours on :lol:

I just want to say a special thanks to every West Ham supporter this season, thoroughly enjoyed going home and away with all of you. Especially to the supporters who went to the Leicester away game, we still believed we could go up and the Premier League awaits!

WE ARE GOING UP SAY WE ARE GOING UP!!![/qu

Leicester away was brilliant, totally agree with you. Birmingham home 2nd half was one of my favourites too, but yesterday topped them all. One of the best days of my life ever too!!!!
Officer Dibble
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by Officer Dibble »

First chance to post as I got back late last night, trying to sober up as I was at work at 7 this morning. Not too sure how I made it, my voice was shot to pieces as well.

Few observations of my own from the game/ day.

Looking back I can say I enjoyed it as the result was in our favour, however the 90 minutes was the most painful I have ever watched, my stomach was so tight throughout.

I have no idea how we won the game, but who cares.

Lovely to see Bobby in claret and blue again, great to hear/ join in with "Bobby Moore's claret and blue army".

Great to see West Ham everywhere in the stadium, massive :thup: for those in the Blackpool end.

I was surprised to see some of the West Ham female fans thinking they were off for a night out in "young persons fashion", just a shame they tried to swell the Blackpool numbers by turning up orange as a result of overdoing the spray tan.

I think we should see if Ince fancies Premier League football next year.

Was surprised by the number of Scousers around me, then realised I was stood in front of Nolan's family, his kids can't play the trumpet/ horn thing they had.

Great atmosphere before, during (although for most of the second half I felt we were a bit quiet) and after.
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Hammer Laffers wrote:Anyone got a download of the match?
Check the streams thread mate there is already a couple up
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

the pink palermo wrote:A man of many voices, truly a master of disguise , but yes that was his normal voice .He was answering the questions not posing them by the way , in case you weren't sure who was who ....

Actually both voices were mine. The bit where I was interrupted was tricky but I think I pulled it off!
NE hammer

Post by NE hammer »

My hangover is just starting to lift now! :D
paolo02

Post by paolo02 »

So, Carlton and Ricardo, how did they get that Balotelli- Aguero move so spot on?!! Amazing!!
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

davids cross wrote:You sound such a decent chap,
There are a number of ex-girlfriends who might take issue with that point :lol:
V-M
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

G is one of the most decent blokes I have ever had the pleasure to meet. :thup:
brewster
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by brewster »

The guy to my right went for a pee/pint during half time and returned a bit late, consequently he missed the Blackpool equaliser. When Vaz Te scored with just 3 minutes left he said to me "When did Blackpool score?" I said "just after half-time". He apparently watched the whole of the 2nd half thinking we were 1-0 up. No wonder he seemed calm whilst everyone else's nerves were shredded to bits. I thought the big scoreboard at the Blackpool end might have given him a clue though.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:When Vaz Te hit the winner the place erupted, people falling over, screaming, shouting, cheering- still nothing from the bloke next to me. I wasnt the only one noticing this strange behaviour, a young-ish bloke sitting in front of us said to the bloke next to me "Cheer up mate we're winning" which lead the bloke next to me to grab the bloke in front by the neck, telling him to leave him alone as he was on his own (in a very stong southern/cockney acccent). I then stepped in and parted the pair of them when the bloke next to me said "Im going to get my boys, and there going to sort this out".
Sounds like a loon. You have to wonder both how someone like him obtained a ticket when he was emotionless to the situation (some people just clap - but at least they do that) and also why he'd attack a fellow fan for no apparent reason. He's obviously hurting about something or off his tits.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I just worked out why my hand and arm feel numb today, I was hitting the seat in front of me for virtually the whole of the 2nd half up until Vaz tez goal...basically he wouldn't have scored had I not been going mental so I should take most of the credit.