POF: Blackpool 1 West Ham United 2 (19/05/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

MikeTangerine

Re: Blackpool v West Ham United Play-Off Final: Match Thread

Post by MikeTangerine »

Evening Hammers. Thought I'd give this a few days and let the dust settle.

Firstly, congrats on the win and promotion. I thought it was a cracking game, much tighter than I expected and despite being more than a little gutted when you scored the winner I thoroughly enjoyed the day, as I'm sure you all did. A lot have said we deserved it over the course of the game, but I've always thought if you fail to score you deserve f*** all, and so it proved. Certainly over the course of the season you more than deserved it and I'm surprised at Baptiste's comments, I can only put it down to him being a bit frustrated as he usually comes across quite well.

Thought your support was great, had a some good banter all day and god knows what all of that handbags was about- could all have been avoided with better organisation by those in charge. So don't think all Blackpool fans now hate you.

So anyway, enjoy next season and here's hoping we're playing you again in the prem soon.
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 223 likes

Post by k-r-c »

LincolnshireHammer wrote: Who's video is this mate? Right next to us in the stadium..Coincidence or what!
I cut it from SKy Sports mate.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

MikeTangerine wrote: So anyway, enjoy next season and here's hoping we're playing you again in the prem soon.
A good post, very fair. I agree about the handbags, a real shame on everyones big day.

Good luck for next season, some very despondant pool fans on the train North afterwards some predicting Holloway leaving and relegation. I disagree, if you can keep the manager and squad together I reckon you'll make the top 6 quite comfortably. :thup:
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

MS in the West

Post by MS in the West »

Just like to say. I've been playin 'Paradise' by Coldplay time and again this week. Sends tingles up my spine. Wohohohoho-oaoh!

Anyone else?
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

MS in the West wrote:Just like to say. I've been playin 'Paradise' by Coldplay time and again this week. Sends tingles up my spine. Wohohohoho-oaoh!

Anyone else?
In a similar vain I can't stop singing "He scores when he wants, he scores when he waaants, Ricardo Vaz Te, he scores when he wants" :lol:
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Can't believe it was less than a week ago. This time last week I was a bag of nerves. So was the mother in law which is unusual as usually she's just a bag :lol:

Thank God we've got the Euros to break up the wait for next season.

Thanks Tang Mike. Hope you guys go up as champs next year, passing Reading, Soton and Stoke who will be going in the other direction
M*A*R*C

Post by M*A*R*C »

And a few lines from the legendary Clyde Best on how he saw the game here:

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/201 ... source=RSS
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 398 likes
Total likes: 226 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Apologies for dragging this thread back to the top again but as stated in a previous thread I had a weeks holiday booked in a quiet part of Spain and have just got back. I was gutted to miss our day in the Wembley sun but managed to watch the game with some Citeh boys in a bar I was a nervous wreck but both times we scored I went ****ing mental and at the finish I went on the lash and don't remember much of the day or night. I would just like to say how proud I was of the team and most importantly of everyone of you that sang your hearts out and made that day special. watching the game in a different country with foreigners commenting on our support and the atmosphere we brought to Wembley choked me up...........anyway I'll sit down tomorrow to watch it all on sky plus........I can't ****ing believe we are back in the premiership...........ps I wore my KUMB t shirt COYI
w6hammer
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by w6hammer »

As anyone got a link to highlights of the game as i would like to watch it yet again !!

seems BBC I.player is unnatainable now.Would appreciate it if anyone could help.Cheers.

:crest:
Jay-Dee
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Jay-Dee »

Goals found here
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 130 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

There's a choice of downloads of the full match on the streaming thread here and further down that page.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

well, Ive finally watched the whole match again , sober! always a different match than when you are there and *ahem* caught up in the moment!

Abiding thoughts-- how poorly did demel and ( sorry to say )_ nobes play!? Really like the look of young Ince-- let get on with it and sign him up.

We were very skittish across and through the middle but gradually brought it under control and exerted our influence

Cole was magesticaly good throughout, and we own him alot for a great performance.

Everyone says how much better/ even blackpool were but I think on the ebb and flow of the match we were the better side- greeno was hardly troubled, was he?

Finally, what an immense swarm of marauding noise and din we made...didnt we!?

Proud to be a hammer, a day to add to amazing days and experiences we've had supporting our team

:crest:
w6hammer
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by w6hammer »

good post W4..

Which link did you watch the whole game on please,as been trying to do likewise without any joy to date.

Many thanks.
markmc

Post by markmc »

M*A*R*C wrote:And a few lines from the legendary Clyde Best on how he saw the game here:

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/201 ... source=RSS

Blindin' post that, still a hammer thru n thru! Thanks for that :thup: