West Ham Utd 1-1 Sunderland (22/09/12)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Scaloni Is The Messiah

Re: West Ham United v Sunderland: Match Thread

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

Yea Why Not wrote:I cannot wait to see Jarvis, Carroll & Yossi in the same 11
Does anyone else have a horrible feeling this is going to be the new 'Tevez/Ashton' and 'Ashton/Bellamy' in terms of being a wonderful partnership that never actually happens for whatever reason?
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

I don't think any of them are a perma-crock like Ashton so I reckon all three will be available a decent amount of the time. Whether they'd all be picked is a different matter though.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Whufc06 wrote: The thing with Rodgers is that he has stated (like Barca) that he isn't interested in going to Plan B. If Plan A isn't working they just keep trying until it does (or doesn't).
This has been Barca's one and only downfall in recent years. Teams are often prepared to sit deep letting them have the ball outside the box and in wide positions knowing that they are unlikely to hurt them from these areas. It's ridiculous how stubborn they seem to be and I just don't see any logic in it myself
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Edit : No point.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

So some think we should drop our captain who has scored in our two home games.... :lol:

First big test at home with tricky/pacy wingers, most have been worried about our FB's (me included) and the pace of the PL, this will be a big test for the boys.

Good unit the Mackems, should be some goals in this, got the makings of a good game.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Clacton-ammer wrote:So some think we should drop our captain who has scored in our two home games....

First big test at home with tricky/pacy wingers, most have been worried about our FB's (me included) and the pace of the PL, this will be a big test for the boys.

Good unit the Mackems, should be some goals in this, got the mackems of a good game.

Corrected that for you :D
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Clacton-ammer wrote:So some think we should drop our captain who has scored in our two home games....
He doesn't score well on artistic impression.

Gets a goal every 3 games mind, a super rare quality in a sort-of-midfield player.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

bubbles1966 wrote:

He doesn't score well on artistic impression.

Gets a goal every 3 games mind, a super rare quality in a sort-of-midfield player.

He is also the grease that keeps the West Ham machine moving along nicely :wink:
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

ageing hammer wrote:
He is also the grease that keeps the West Ham machine moving along nicely :wink:
I thought hat was K.Y., not K.N.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Sunderland, are not a great away side, but will be hard to break down. I don't think this will be a particularly watchable game, but I'm expecting a narrow 1-0 win for us, possibly with the goal scored towards the end of the game. Personally, I think I would try to find a way of making a space for Diarra to play in this game
Trevor Montana

Post by Trevor Montana »

Puff Daddy wrote:Sunderland, are not a great away side, but will be hard to break down. I don't think this will be a particularly watchable game, but I'm expecting a narrow 1-0 win for us, possibly with the goal scored towards the end of the game. Personally, I think I would try to find a way of making a space for Diarra to play in this game
If we're going to struggle to break them down, surely we need to make space for Benayoun rather than a defensive mid?
alexclubley

Post by alexclubley »

Use to not mind Sunderland, thought they were alrite but according this ...they bloody hate us. Something to do with Nolan, Carrol and BFS by looks of things :D

http://www.safc-fans.com/forum/index.ph ... nd-220912/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope hope hope Nolan bags one and does the 'chicken dance'
baritalia

Post by baritalia »

alexclubley wrote:Use to not mind Sunderland, thought they were alrite but according this ...they bloody hate us. Something to do with Nolan, Carrol and BFS by looks of things :D

http://www.safc-fans.com/forum/index.ph ... nd-220912/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"They were once everybodys second team because of how they played football and behaved.These days they are just another pricey awayday and now with an ex mag strikeforce,they have no place in my heart.We'll do well to get anything from the game and i'm going for a 1-1 again."

Hear hear. Or as Karren says here, here.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

alexclubley wrote:

Am I right in thinking last time he played them in a home fixture he banged a hat trick? REPEAT PLEASE
alexclubley

Post by alexclubley »

Am I right in thinking last time he played them in a home fixture he banged a hat trick? REPEAT PLEASE[/quote]

here here :D
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

bubbles1966 wrote: He doesn't score well on artistic impression.

It's the other two out of three I'm becoming concerned about.

I certainly wouldn't think about dropping him yet, but he'd be one I'd have earmarked to come off around 65-70 if it's not happening for him. We have decent options now.....
Last edited by Morocco Mole on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

http://www.unbecominglevity.com/2008/11 ... here-here/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sunderland, are not a great away side, but will be hard to break down. I don't think this will be a particularly watchable game, but I'm expecting a narrow 1-0 win for us, possibly with the goal scored towards the end of the game. Personally, I think I would try to find a way of making a space for Diarra to play in this game
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=730860" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
baritalia

Post by baritalia »

I'd rather see Carroll and Johnson fit than none of them.