COC3: West Ham Utd 3-2 Cardiff City (24/09/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

beckton

Re: WEST HAM UNITED v Cardiff City - Capital One Cup 3rd Round

Post by beckton »

Fionn wrote: Taylor may well of been fouled but he should have been shot for just remonstrating with the lino while not getting up and tracking back which led to their goal.

I think your confusing Matty Taylor with Usain Bolt if you think he could have got up off the floor and caught up with Noone before he scored.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Hard to gauge the extent of our victory...we had 4/5 first teamers out...anyone know the equivalent stat for Cardiff?

Tomkins was pretty faultless,Chambers looks a good 3rd choice right back.The new centre forward didnt do enough to merit a start against Hull, but Vaz did. So frustrated he doesnt get more time in the middle of things..
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

It was a decent game and quite a few positives to take i think. Ravel Morrison was very good, he is so comfortable on the ball and has good awareness.

Its the second time i have seen that Chambers at right back now and both times he has been very impressive so it will be interesting to see how he progresses.
In the hat for the next round, all good! 8-)
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

Maynard getting booed....what was that all about? :lol:

So Harsh!!!!!!!
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

xmas01245 wrote: On a slightly different note, did anyone see a bloke wondering around in a Celtic shirt last night? Reckon he'd been drinking all day, must be a few stories about him. The last I saw of him he was talking to an empty chair whilst sat on the steps in the ground.
Yeah, had a west ham cap on too ?

Saw the OB take a can of Super Skol off him at the station before the game.. :D
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

I have seen that guy with the Celtic top plenty of times over the years...always ****ing trolleyed :lol:
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

Sounds like a cracking game, and it's been a funny thread to read through this morning
Junco Partner wrote:Collison floats a beauty across, the bloke who used to be in Cameo nodds it in
:D

Loads of positives it seems
Good to hear Vaz Te played the full 90, played well, and was rewarded with the winner. Important to get him back in the right frame of mind, and in the starting line up imo

NIce to hear the homegrown trio of Tomkins, Collison & Chambers all had good games. Good for their fitness, especially the 1st two, who I'd hope to see a bit more of in the first team.

Nice to hear Collison is still capable of putting it on a plate for Vaz Te. Those 2 worked excellently together in the championship imo, and I personally would like to see Collison given more of a chance in the first 11. Sure, that's difficult as we have good options right now in CM, but with a tweak of the system to a more narrow diamond midfield, we could accomodate Jack and the rest. (hot-foots it over to the Three out of the Four thread to bring it up again......)
I've seen a few reports that he looked a bit rusty. I guess he was obviously still going for it at the end of the game, as he set up Vaz Te. To those who watched it, how did he look? Just a bit lacking in match fitness, or did he show signs of being hampered in any way by his injuries? I mean, did he look like he'd lost mobility, the ability to twist and turn, or was it more a case of needing minutes to get up to speed?

Good to hear Jarvis getting on the score sheet. I guess it implies he did actually leave his flank at some point. He needs to be encouraged to do so, imo, so any success he has when doing so is surely only a good thing

Good runouts all round. Good that Linda is back. Another option if needed

I'm resisting the temptation to stray into negative territory, so I'll just ignore Matt Taylor, and stay in this happy place!
irving boleyn
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Stu...

Jack looked fit, very involved but very Mullins like in his play no real quality coming through..a thumping shot from 25 yards which was tipped over which he had a lot of time to set himself up for, and the final cross were his best moments...

Hardly" nodded in" by Vaz the defenders were favourite, he fought hard to get there first.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

RyanWHUFC wrote:Oh my days, my days, Ricardo Vaz Te!

To the tune of on a ragga tip

IRONS
JonG86 wrote:
:shock:

This has just made my day
Wrong thread!:

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149243
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Billydinho wrote:
This is the reason I avoid these games.

The once a year crew attend without knowing a player's name but automatically knowing they're sh*t.
Heard these last night !

Jussi's doing well
No extra time straight to pens
hammer1975
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Hambrosia Stu wrote: Nice to hear Collison is still capable of putting it on a plate for Vaz Te. Those 2 worked excellently together in the championship imo, and I personally would like to see Collison given more of a chance in the first 11. Sure, that's difficult as we have good options right now in CM, but with a tweak of the system to a more narrow diamond midfield, we could accomodate Jack and the rest. (hot-foots it over to the Three out of the Four thread to bring it up again......)
I've seen a few reports that he looked a bit rusty. I guess he was obviously still going for it at the end of the game, as he set up Vaz Te. To those who watched it, how did he look?
The winner was all about Collison...vaz will get the headlines for the goal but i found him typical vaz on the whole - some really good touches but some frustratingly too flash moments which lost the ball.

For the winner collison won the ball then went the length of the pitch with two 1-2's before the excellently executed chip cross for vaz

He did drift in and out though, played very deep - almost zonal - and covered for chambers A LOT.

He needs games, a few of them do. Thought he picked up in the final quarter of the game when diame came on and we started to try and pressure their midfield - he's much more effective when he hassles and harries

Unfortunately not a performance to push for a first team start but enough to show he's still got it IMO

Glad to see no idiotic dogs abuse for him and taylor like the cheltenham game
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Vaz Te really, really didn't play well at all. Was our worst player on the pitch bar Matty Taylor. Don't know where all the positivity is coming from. His goal really shouldn't be masking a poor, disinterested, effort.
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

Fionn wrote:Vaz Te really, really didn't play well at all. Was our worst player on the pitch bar Matty Taylor. Don't know where all the positivity is coming from. His goal really shouldn't be masking a poor, disinterested, effort.
Taylor is BFS's secret son !!

The positivity is we won in 90mins, just as another 30mins was looming :thup:
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Pop Robson wrote:Taylor is BFS's secret son !!

The positivity is we won in 90mins, just as another 30mins was looming :thup:
Sorry, meant to say the positivity about Vaz Te, not the game. Plenty of positive last night overall.
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

Fionn wrote:
Sorry, meant to say the positivity about Vaz Te, not the game. Plenty of positive last night overall.
At the end of the day, as the bloke behind me normally says; "Vaz Te your a championship player"
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Fionn wrote:Vaz Te really, really didn't play well at all. Was our worst player on the pitch bar Matty Taylor. Don't know where all the positivity is coming from. His goal really shouldn't be masking a poor, disinterested, effort.
so you missed his winning goal? his constant good wing play and his beautiful back heel in mid air to set up a chance?
hammer1975
Has liked: 977 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

The problem with Vaz is that he looks humpy but also for every bit of good wing play there was a bit of over indulgence that lost the ball...can think of two times when collison won the ball, gave it to vaz, belted forward into acres of space for a simple return only to see vaz lose the ball with a silly step over and collison out of position

Marmite type play
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

I thought Vaz looked like the player we had in The Championship. He was confident, looked up for it and was a threat in possession. He would be so useful if he could apply himself like this regularly, I thought he played really well yesterday.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

mumbles87 wrote: so you missed his winning goal? his constant good wing play and his beautiful back heel in mid air to set up a chance?
Saw his goal but was very unimpressed with his attitude throughout to be honest. He wasn’t arsed putting in the work, tracking back, just generally trying to get involved. Looked to me that he just didn’t want to be there and I think his goal masked what was a poor performance. All in my humble opinion of course.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

hammer1975 wrote:The problem with Vaz is that he looks humpy but also for every bit of good wing play there was a bit of over indulgence that lost the ball...can think of two times when collison won the ball, gave it to vaz, belted forward into acres of space for a simple return only to see vaz lose the ball with a silly step over and collison out of position

Marmite type play
Different Marmite?