West Ham Utd 0-0 Aston Villa (02/11/13)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Re: West Ham Utd vs Aston Villa: match thread

Post by mumbles87 »

Turns to Stone wrote:
Possibly. But I think the reason he didn't come then was because he wanted to go to a bigger club than us. I don't think we've grown that much since then.
Thats because Le Gunners were interested. However chelsea refused to sell/loan to them. That will be even more so the case now they are fellow title contenters

He might come back after he realises not many other options

also he has just spent half a season barely playing that might have something on his mind
lukeWHU

Post by lukeWHU »

Nikola Žigić....?
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1504 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

lukeWHU wrote:Nikola Žigić....?
Kevin Francis?
lukeWHU

Post by lukeWHU »

Turns to Stone wrote: Kevin Francis?
Good shout.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Turns to Stone wrote:You see, I think that Kenwyne Jones would have been a great signing, but in all liklihood, Stoke would have probably been looking at wanting the best part of £10m for him.
they paid less than that when he was supposed to be good, and he's in the last year of his contract. i think we could have had him for six millions.
we could have probably had him and kalou for less than the carroll's money, and more or less the same wages...
(not hindsight, i was of the same idea when we permanently signed carroll, mainly due to his injury record)
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

Dunno if its mentioned, but the Villa fans who were too ignorant to observe the minutes silence before the game deserved to get their heads kicked in. Bastards
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Discobar wrote:Dunno if its mentioned, but the Villa fans who were too ignorant to observe the minutes silence before the game deserved to get their heads kicked in. Bastards
as someone said earlier, they might have been in the concourse without realising the minute's silence was on.
happened to us in coventry a couple of years ago.
besides, there are far worse things happening these days.
like people getting all anal on some alleged offence and deciding to get some heads kicked in.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 754 likes
Total likes: 3481 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

The opposition view... Aston Villa:

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=127131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Discobar wrote:Dunno if its mentioned, but the Villa fans who were too ignorant to observe the minutes silence before the game deserved to get their heads kicked in. Bastards
warp wrote: as someone said earlier, they might have been in the concourse without realising the minute's silence was on..
Most making the noise were not in the concourse, they were in the stands, one even set off a ring tone on their phone whilst laughing to his mates next to him.

Fair play to many Villa fans though her not only respected the minutes silence but were certainly not impress with their fellow fans behaviour.
warp

Post by warp »

Kitt the car wrote:Most making the noise were not in the concourse, they were in the stands, one even set off a ring tone on their phone whilst laughing to his mates next to him.

Fair play to many Villa fans though her not only respected the minutes silence but were certainly not impress with their fellow fans behaviour.
thanks for that, and as you say, fair play to the "good" ones :thup:

i still think that there are bigger problems than a few harmless idiots in a stadium, and that people stepping down to their level (or below) are one of them.
Aceface
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by Aceface »

Up the Junction wrote:The opposition view... Aston Villa:
Pretty chippy about the Boleyn for a bunch from that city and stadium
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2024 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

:lol:

Their comments are unbelievable.

I actually thought that was the worst side to come to Upton Park in years. Absolutely awful. Terrible at the back, no clue other than to kick the ball long to Benteke as a counter attack. A team with a striker would've put that side away for 5. I don't know how they've kept so many clean sheets.

Vlaar as been said was good, but other than that thought they were awful from start to finish, and would've been an absolute theft had they left with 3 points.

As for our support...I think you'll find it was their support who wanted to make digs instead of support the team.

-London's a ****hole
-Cockney scum my lord
-Booing Downing

Is as much as I heard from them all game.

I hope they continue their run of not scoring and that some better teams hit them for many. *****!
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Turns to Stone wrote: The main point I'm making isn't really a general one though, it's about the fact that once we'd signed Carroll. I don't think the board were every really interested in going out and buying another big striker.
Well as he got injured that should have been their priority and thats why we are lower than we should be.