Manchester City 2-0 West Ham Utd (11/05/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Romford
Big X

Re: Manchester City v West Ham United: Match Thread.

Post by Romford »

franksinatra wrote:
Average crowd ten years ago 46,834. Final league position 16th

Average crowd this season 47.080. Premier League Champions.
Well i can tell you something for nothing...you never see any City on the Train from Blackpool usually and this time people were already standing at Poulton.

Never try bullsh!tting a bullsh!tter

What was the crowd for the semi -final ?
mushy
Has liked: 654 likes
Total likes: 879 likes

Post by mushy »

franksinatra wrote:
Average crowd ten years ago 46,834. Final league position 16th

Average crowd this season 47.080. Premier League Champions.
Average crowd 1988 19,472 .
I know its a long time ago and you were in the old second division but one of you lot said already that you used to get sell out crowds when you were **** and used it as evidence to slag off Wigan.
Your memories clearly don't go back very far.
yeoman

Post by yeoman »

with long standing good friends in the North West BOYS1991 always make the trip up to City! always have a great laugh up there and we are always welcome in the City fans' Victoria pub a few minutes walk from the ground. BOYS1991 were happy to recognise City's title win at the end and the recognition from the City fans in return was a class gesture!

:crest: @BOYS1991
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

frankiemac wrote:man city tried to have a pop at us after the 2-1 at your place in the cup in 2006...a very poor effort it must be said
Chances are it was just some random scrotes looking for trouble. They're not representative of our fanbase and, being a Manchester resident now, you must be able to see the difference? From what I understood, your fans were trying to force open the barrier doors that separate the south stands. Act like a **** in Manchester and you'll get done over. We had tens of thousands at Wembley for the Wigan final and I didn't see or hear anything untoward despite a fairly humiliating defeat. I have been traveling for years and know many, many blues. We're not trouble in general.

I was threatened three times in one day at Upton Park once. One man had shoulder length blond hair (always the sign of a hard man) and another looked like Minty from East Enders. The third was classic, though. He started a friendly conversation with me in the local where he was showing the German friends of his he'd brought over. All were giving me death stares. He then launched in to a racist tirade on how his Newham had changed before offering me outside as I laughed in his face.

*sits back to wait for inevitable rhyme and rhetoric*
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 540 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Plenty of West Ham knob head 'cockney geezers' about and they seem to be on the increase. Still, they might be c****, but they're our c**** :D