Manchester Utd 2-1 West Ham Utd (27/09/14)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Re: Manchester United v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by smuts »

Het-Field wrote:the constant barracking of the referee by United fans and players to brandish a red to level things up was a disgrace. I appreciate that under Ferguson they were well used to equalisation in their favour, but now they are finding it very hard to understand that they no longer have that in their corner.
Especially from Rafael trying to get Sakho sent off.

I hate that little ****.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Puff Daddy wrote:I have seen Nolan's 'goal' over and over again and it was very, very, very tight. He wasn't standing in an offside position and that for me, is the big debate. Unfortunately for us, the lino was up with play and hadn't been caught out day dreaming, or had mentally for a second, switched off, like so many of them do. Otherwise on another day, that goal stands If there is any good news for us in any of this, I can't think of the last time we actually scored a proper goal in that way, so that proves that we can and that we will and that bodes well for the season
Agreed PD. Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a part of the offside rule, that if it's that close, the "striker" gets the benefit of the doubt? Or does that only apply to the "Big clubs"?
bondsbootlaces
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by bondsbootlaces »

Sorry if it's already been covered elsewhere but just wondering if anyone knows what happened to the poor bloke in the disabled section yesterday? A lot of resuscitation from the medical staff and did not look good from where I was
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Romford wrote:we have the makes of a quality team now.
But it has taken EIGHT summer signings to 'have the makes of a quality team'. What were we like before all these signings? Not very good & no strength in depth. So basically SA was doing his best with a very limited squad?Would you agree?

Romford wrote:

The Dinosaur has had his arse kicked though
But the thing is Romford you were banging on about 'Coward'/Dinosaur' last season, that SA hasn't got in his 'locker' the ability to change & only plays one way(long ball). He has proven you wrong, would you admit that? The ones(like myself) said it will change when we buy better players, the football will improve....early days but this looks like this was the reason after all.(Player Quality)

Get ready for Romford's Allardyce tattoo :wink:
beckton

Post by beckton »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote: Get ready for Romford's Allardyce tattoo

You could go to the tattooist together and you could get a Curbishley one! :lol:
@TFSH_WHUFC
Has liked: 2 likes

Our younger fans and the Smoke bomb at Old Trafford.

Post by @TFSH_WHUFC »

Whilst the game was going on yesterday several younger, around 18 yr old supporters were sitting behind me, taking more interest in telling the Man Utd fans what they thought than watching the match, after being knocked on the head about five times whilst they "communicated" with the Utd fans I said come on lads, behave, they apologised and we carried on watching the match, then Sakho scored, one of these lads then decided to let off a purple smoke bomb, whichever one it was most likely panicked and decided to throw it under the seats landing under the seats in front if me, as you will imagine we were all not best pleased with this, and they were told in no uncertain terms what we all thought, now I was no angel at that age but it strikes me that we have got some idiots following us away, only a minority but it's embarrassing, wind your necks in lads and support the team, if you are going to let off a smoke bomb then have the b*llocks to hold it up and not choke and cover us in the :thdn:

Rant over.
NorthBankAlliance

Re: Our younger fans and the Smoke bomb at Old Trafford.

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Don't mind a smoke bomb personally, adds something to the atmosphere...

Hold it up though and you are 100% getting nicked so I'd imagine that's why he rolled it down a few rows.

Bloke was nicked anyway and will probably be banned for 3 years if that makes you feel better!
Barking Boy
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Barking Boy »

Wasn't van Persie coming back from an off side position when the ball was played to Falcao? Shouldn't it have been flagged?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:
Get ready for Romford's Allardyce tattoo :wink:
You think this was all part of the masterplan ?

I think it was more "if you still want a job next season".
LouieOneChop

Post by LouieOneChop »

We were unlucky that it was ruled offside but you can count your chickens that at some point this season we will be the lucky team on the other end of a poor decision.

Fear not...These things happen every season + we only lost 1 point to the decision, not 2 :crest:
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

LouieOneChop wrote:We were unlucky that it was ruled offside but you can count your chickens that at some point this season we will be the lucky team on the other end of a poor decision.

Fear not...These things happen every season + we only lost 1 point to the decision, not 2 :crest:
err..we lost remember?
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

That's what he's saying. We got zero points, instead of one.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

The goal if allowed would have given us a draw,Arjan.....one point !.
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

gotya gotya :D
bobbymooresbracelet

Re: Our younger fans and the Smoke bomb at Old Trafford.

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

Have you had a chest x-ray ?
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Best chant for me was Chity chitty bang bang bubbles ... Love it that out youngsters know it as. Well
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 97 likes

Post by danm79 »

What was the deal with the Fenerbahce shirts in our end yesterday?

Also did I dream Sahko coming over and gesturing to us to keep the noise up during the second half?
Faubert's Boot
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faubert's Boot »

claretcloggy wrote:could've told how much of a twatbag van Gaal is..on top of that his english is just terrible..can't believe that goal was disallowed..never in a million years is that offside!!! :x
Not so long ago the media here were ****ing over his "amazing English" because he used the word "destructive" or something similar in a sentence. Was so so ****ing cringey. The way the media instantly jumps on the man united cock is so cringey and I hope their downfall continues.

Didn't catch the game but caught highlights this morning. We looked unlucky and seems like we had better chances but just couldn't finish. Rooney was definitelyna straight red, no question, but those mancs running up to the ref when sakho tripped whoever it was was ****ing embarrassing.
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

danm79 wrote:What was the deal with the Fenerbahce shirts in our end yesterday?

Also did I dream Sahko coming over and gesturing to us to keep the noise up during the second half?
I noticed that. Was watching on TV though.
Broomfield Hammer
Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy.
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Broomfield Hammer »

Eggs'n'nuts wrote:Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a part of the offside rule, that if it's that close, the "striker" gets the benefit of the doubt? Or does that only apply to the "Big clubs"?
The official can only give the benefit of the doubt if he has doubts. If he's certain the player is offside, even by a tiny margin, then he flags it as offside.

Of course the question then is whether it was possible for the linesman to be certain - unless he's super-human