West Ham Utd 1-1 Stoke City (11/04/15)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Re: West Ham United v Stoke City: Match Thread.

Post by The Gibbins »

I thought both teams were poor for the majority of the game, but there is a problem when we take the lead. We have sat back in many fixtures this season and we actually countered Stoke for the majority of our chances after the goal and played like the away side. We got we deserved at the end, Stoke pushed us and we were asking for it.

I thought there were a lot of poor individual performances yesterday. Jenkinson was poor, Noble was terrible, so was Song and yet again Downing was just ineffective, lazy and strolling around.... He has been hard to watch lately, i can handle a player losing form but i think laziness and a lack of interest is kicking in for him, i really do.

A rest for Downing? Possibly, but theres still more to come from him regardless..
smuts
Has liked: 1534 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

The Gibbins wrote:Downing was just ineffective, lazy and strolling around.... He has been hard to watch lately, i can handle a player losing form but i think laziness and a lack of interest is kicking in for him, i really do.

A rest for Downing? Possibly, but theres still more to come from him regardless..
His body language is a joke. I remember Tony Gale slaughtering him a month or so ago saying you're a senior player with England caps and you've got younger players like Cresswell, Jenkinson, etc around you. Stop looking at the floor and looking like you don't want to be out there.

A few crosses yesterday to no-one in particular and that was about it. Same old 2015 Stewy.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 937 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Downing tools....
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

Got quite upset by the Crouch circus taunts as I was sat next to a bearded lady.
richiepap

Post by richiepap »

How is your mum these days?
bobbymooresbracelet

Post by bobbymooresbracelet »

richiepap wrote:How is your mum these days?
It was my dad.