FAC4R: West Ham Utd 2-1 Liverpool (09/02/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Re: West Ham -v- Liverpool - 4th round replay match thread

Post by Heysel76 »

Sauce! wrote: a fantastic reception for Kevin Nolan last night :thup.......................................................

Was he at the game last night? I didn't see him. If he was there he should have come on and kicked Flanagan's arse (again).
Was doing interviews with Ian Wright & David James, down in corner between BM & West
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

I saw James & Wrighty (in his sexy docker's flat cap) by the tunnel at half time, but no sign of Super Kev. Was he interviewed before the start of the game?
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Marky wrote:We had a clear penalty denied to us but over 120 mins I thought the Ref didn't get anything else that wrong
nice dealer you got!
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Sauce! wrote:I saw James & Wrighty (in his sexy docker's flat cap) by the tunnel at half time, but no sign of Super Kev. Was he interviewed before the start of the game?
Half time. He got a chorus of 'One Kevin Nolan' from Curva Chavinho at the end of it.
The Overlook
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by The Overlook »

prophet:marginal wrote: Curva Chavinho
That is excellent 8-)

Great to hear ye olde skipper got a good reception!
Zman39
Has liked: 113 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Zman39 »

I actually don't think we played particularly well and gave them way too much space to dribble in middle of the park. Needless to say am chuffed with result and was an extremely exciting game. Everyone keeps complaining about the penalty but their free kick which led to only goal was more annoying for me, not a foul and a late whistle
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Went to last nights game with my son and 6yr old grandson (his first time at UP) what a night!!!
Five season ticket holders were kind enough to move up to allow us all to sit together (thanks again guys)
It brought back memories to me of all the great nights under the lights I've been privileged to see and what a night Henry had.........he stood up and sang his heart out for every rendition of bubbles (even throwing his arms aloft for the "United") the game was a typical pulsating full blooded cup tie and oh boy the finale well it was a perfect storm.

As we left he said dad/grandad I want to keep coming and we both said in unison "it ain't like that every time son make the most of it"

My son txt me today to say Henry was so excited he couldn't sleep he was still on a high.......I bloody love this club and it's wonderful fans COYI :crest:
Spex

Post by Spex »

Michael Owen was certainly a bit one sided with his commentary, coupled with the ref who was probably a Liverpool fan.

I did see David James smiling widely at the end though and he looked pleased as punch we had done them.

We started slowly and looked very leggy after the Southampton game, but even with the injuries we kept plugging away and Benteke, thankfully, had a bad night.

All round a great win. Antonio for me was a bit of a hero, he looked so strong on the ball and then dropped into the full back role and did superb.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Have a look on the KUMB Facebook page. A sensational video from "Hammers Balkan" of Ogbonnas goal!

Try this link https://www.facebook.com/hammersbalkan/ ... 494098274/
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 96 likes

Post by danm79 »

Marky wrote:We had a clear penalty denied to us but over 120 mins I thought the Ref didn't get anything else that wrong
So possibly the most costly mistake he could make but what about the ball that slowly rolled out of play for a throw in that he gave a goal kick for?
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 915 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Paddy O'Hammer wrote: Try this link https://www.facebook.com/hammersbalkan/ ... 494098274/
I hate mobile phone footage at football, but that clip is great. The chorus of COYI before the free kick is rousing.

'Let's have a bit of luck for a change' :D
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Paddy O'Hammer wrote:Have a look on the KUMB Facebook page. A sensational video from "Hammers Balkan" of Ogbonnas goal!

Try this link https://www.facebook.com/hammersbalkan/ ... 494098274/

That's brilliant Paddy,

The more I look at it the better it gets.

The ball from Payet was like a guided missile and the header was perfection itself. :scarfer:
shammy

Post by shammy »

So sad
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

Just read the opposition view from this match, man, these people are entire oblivious to how much they've declined in 25 years. Until they realise this demise they won't progress
Navyhammer

Post by Navyhammer »

Best quote from RAWK; “James Collins looks like he should be on death row” :lol:
M*A*R*C

Post by M*A*R*C »

I think the ref was quite biased in their favour and got a lot wrong.

If I had been the ref I would have sent their entire team off, and one of the linesman. I would have sent Klopp up into the stands, and Flanagan up to his room with no dinner. I would also have given their team bus a parking ticket and had it towed away.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

what a night - thanks again to UTJ for the ticket giveaway

havent stopped smiling since the game and very proud to be west ham - the old ground was rocking and just the sort of game that will stick in the memory for many a year to come

thought ogbonna/randolph & antonio were immense but we played well as a team which is the most satisfying thing of it all -there is a real team spirit there within them all and it shines through

anyway que sera sera
whatever will be will be
SirStoneyOfBow
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by SirStoneyOfBow »

You can almost imagine them crying like Jimmy Liddel squealing "it's supposed to be our fuckin' year, la!", As they post that pile of Chewbacca **** fur.
The whole "their full strength side" v "our reserve side" is very, very funny.
No Adrian, Byram, Song, Sakho, Lanzini or Carroll mind, but full strength.
£32.5m striker plus Milner, Coutinho, Lucas etc and they put out a reserve team. :lol:
Collison Theory
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Collison Theory »

Yeah, I was stood with my Scouse mate, and whispering that I thought the ref was doing pretty well, while most around us were screaming blue murder. It was a penalty, but at the time I couldn't be sure, didn't fully see the pull as I was following the ball, and Enner does go down a bit easy, which does him no favours.

In any case, it was an amazing night, the way the atmosphere built throughout, nothing like a last minute winner.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but the pass from Obiang to Payet for our first goal was absolutley superb. A dropping ball and a first time pass that cut their midfield out. It made the goal.