Norwich City 2-2 West Ham Utd (13/02/16)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Re: Norwich City v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Beavis Danzig »

was a point where I just started thinking what's the point in trying to play off he last man if it gives you a 50/50 chance of the opportunity you've been playing for being ruled out by a twtichy lino.

linos have gone from calling when they know it's offside to thinking they have to guess every close decision. all of which all went against us on saturday.

we got a lot more change out of a bulldozing style simply because it gave the officials less chance to influence the match. damning indictment
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Colours never run wrote:Usually make sound judgements on the game Jumby but that's way off.

Adrian is definitely behind the likes of Lloris and De Gea off the top of my head. I agree he's very good but nowhere near the best. But of course it's laughable to call for him to be replaced already.
Haha, my bias might sometimes get the better of me but even the two you mention, who are both excellent goalkeepers, have made more errors that have led to goals than Adrian this season. Our man is unorthodox and can sometimes be a little irrational but I just think he's absolutely brilliant and despite the madness he fills me with confidence. He's the only keeper we've had where in a one on one I genuinely fancy him to come out on top, the way he eyeballs strikers as they bear down on his goal is like something out of an 80's action film!
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

Thought Moses changed the game when he came on. Absolutely superb.

The exertions of Tuesday night shouldn’t be underestimated, copious amounts of injuries as well as 3 games in 8 days, one of which went to a draining 120minutes.

Some players clearly need a rest, we’re stretched but showed immense character.

Well done boys – keep it up.
BalaamBoy
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by BalaamBoy »

For the first time in many many years we actually have a substitutes' bench that can change matches, as opposed to one warmed by those not quite good enough to make the first team.

Really exciting to watch, especially knowing that substitutions can be made to chase or win games, rather than protect a lead or respect a point.

An average first half, a poor first 20 minutes of the second, but a rollocking last 25 when the movement and energy was excellent, and we could have had four!!
Xabbu
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by Xabbu »

Finally got round to making a post :)

I know Valencia is one of those infuriating types but I can't go along with the suggestions that he should allow defenders a head start just so he doesn't get flagged. This game is about very fine margins, that half a yard may be the difference between a toe poke passed or around a keeper, who are often in very advanced positions nowadays. It is the officials jobs to get these decisions right, not every time, but a lot more often than they seem too. Give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker for a change instead of taking the easy option.

Noticed Aguero was flagged offside plenty of times, once incorrectly. If he does it I'd say anyone is capable.
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

Xabbu wrote:Finally got round to making a post :)
WELCOME ABOARD!!
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

DICAN10 wrote: You think Antonio is a good player?

I'll wait for the goals to dry up and ask your opinion again :lol:
2 games on the bounce without a goal & counting. Geezers crap