West Ham Utd 0-3 Burnley: match thread (10/03/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3054 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Burnley: match thread

Post by MB »

Humbug wrote:I really want Kouyate dropped (as well as several others who don't want to be at our club) but because we have a thin squad we've no option to play these 'pretenders'.
Cullen or Rice the only real options and looks like we may need Rice again at centre half. Not convinced by Cullen, but him and Noble would be a more solid base and can at least move the ball. Means Lanzini or Mario has to have a blinder though.

Central midfield really is killing us this season.
tjr008
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by tjr008 »

Five at the back stopped working weeks ago. Moyes should make the change.

Adrian (still better than Hart)

Cresswell
Ogbonna (please be fit)
Collins (please be fit)
Zabaleta

Noble
Mario
Lanzini

Antonio
Hernandez
Arnautovic

Kouyate has been so rubbish, I wouldn't put him anywhere near this team. He's so out of it I thought he had concussion at the weekend. If he has to play, then RCB in a three.

Noble will have to show some discipline, not get drawn by the ball, and actually sit in front of the back 4.
Al Fisti
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

tjr008 wrote:Five at the back stopped working weeks ago. Moyes should make the change.

Adrian (still better than Hart)

Cresswell
Ogbonna (please be fit)
Collins (please be fit)
Zabaleta

Noble
Mario
Lanzini

Antonio
Hernandez
Arnautovic

Kouyate has been so rubbish, I wouldn't put him anywhere near this team. He's so out of it I thought he had concussion at the weekend. If he has to play, then RCB in a three.

Noble will have to show some discipline, not get drawn by the ball, and actually sit in front of the back 4.
:thup:

Please stop that defensive lineups, Mr. Moyes!

Jürgen Klopp is right, when he says"tactics of West Ham are easy to explain: 8 men build a wall and 2 guys play football"
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Al Fisti wrote:
:thup:

Please stop that defensive lineups, Mr. Moyes!

Jürgen Klopp is right, when he says"tactics of West Ham are easy to explain: 8 men build a wall and 2 guys play football"
That is easy for him to be so sneering, he has not to my knowledge ever managed a struggling club. If he ever does, he would too park the bus in the hope of sneaking a precious collectors point to add towards one's target to stave off relegation. Personally, I have no problem in watching a game of attack Vs defence and see which one comes out on top
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Its tolerable, in an ends justifying the means effort, but no-one surely wants their team to play that way.
Al Fisti

Post by Al Fisti »

Puff Daddy wrote:
That is easy for him to be so sneering, he has not to my knowledge ever managed a struggling club. If he ever does, he would too park the bus in the hope of sneaking a precious collectors point to add towards one's target to stave off relegation. Personally, I have no problem in watching a game of attack Vs defence and see which one comes out on top
I don't think we are a struggling club. We have players with quality who can offer an attractive, offensive football but Moyes needs more courage.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

Al Fisti wrote: I don't think we are a struggling club.
:o
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

We were midtable looking up prior to the last few weeks and it's now we are back struggling to stay afloat.

He's been far too defensive and we rarely attack the goal until it's far too late in recent weeks bar the Watford game. Even against Shrewsbury and Wigan it was a real effort to get out of our half.
Al Fisti

Post by Al Fisti »

Vic_Watson wrote: :o
although we are only a few points from relegation places, i still think we have a better squad than most of the other PL teams. We should be higher positioned snd i'm still confident we will be at the end, but our manager should be the same opinion
Al Fisti

Post by Al Fisti »

Colours never run wrote:We were midtable looking up prior to the last few weeks and it's now we are back struggling to stay afloat.

He's been far too defensive and we rarely attack the goal until it's far too late in recent weeks bar the Watford game. Even against Shrewsbury and Wigan it was a real effort to get out of our half.
:thup: Bravo
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

I'm going fishing this weekend,
The team can't be bothered to play, the board can't be bothered to run the club properly, the fans can't even be bothered to protest about it, so why should I be bothered to ruin my weekend worrying about it?
When I get back ill have a look to see what the score was, but I won't let it bother me either way,
I've given up, not just West ham but football in general, watching the likes of deli alli chucking himself down every two minutes and the media making excuses for him, two thirds of the league playing anti football just to ruin the game, break up play with niggly fouls and play acting just so they can scrape enough points to stay up so they can do it all over again the next season, teams desperate to get into Europe just so they can get out of it as it affects the league position, not trying in the cups for the same reason.
Even when we win now I'm just not as annoyed as when we've lost.
Premier league eh? Best league in the world? Nah
Vic_Watson

Post by Vic_Watson »

Al Fisti wrote:
although we are only a few points from relegation places, i still think we have a better squad than most of the other PL teams. We should be higher positioned snd i'm still confident we will be at the end, but our manager should be the same opinion
I admire your optimism. Goes against the grain though.
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

Mates coming over from New Zealand so I've given him my ticket. Decided after that I do want to go still (damn you West Ham) so got a ticket in the thick of the bml to try out what I'm hoping is a noisier part of the stadium...
Graza

Post by Graza »

goa127 wrote:I don't really understand the anti-Adrian mood at the moment. Although he was widely condemned for the first goal against Swansea at the weekend, TV replays show that Ki curled the ball round a couple of players meaning he didn't get sight of the ball until the last minute. Had the ball been off the ground he'd have probably got a hand to it. Actually a very good goal, which is not what you'd say about the others.
Don't get me wrong I think he is our best option in goal but that first one against Swansea should have been saved. Yes it was in a corner, yes it came round a couple of players but it was so slow all he had to do was shuffle before diving. If he was set and alert I don't think it goes in. That first goal was always going to be critical in such a game, given how poor it was the tone was set.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Tristan Shout wrote:I'm going fishing this weekend,
The team can't be bothered to play, the board can't be bothered to run the club properly, the fans can't even be bothered to protest about it, so why should I be bothered to ruin my weekend worrying about it?
When I get back ill have a look to see what the score was, but I won't let it bother me either way,
I've given up, not just West ham but football in general, watching the likes of deli alli chucking himself down every two minutes and the media making excuses for him, two thirds of the league playing anti football just to ruin the game, break up play with niggly fouls and play acting just so they can scrape enough points to stay up so they can do it all over again the next season, teams desperate to get into Europe just so they can get out of it as it affects the league position, not trying in the cups for the same reason.
Even when we win now I'm just not as annoyed as when we've lost.
Premier league eh? Best league in the world? Nah
I think it is. It is perhaps, not the most technical league in the world, but definitely catching up, but it is the most exciting and generally, we get very competitive matches every weekend. I do, however, understand your point, but this not a disease of football per se, it is only blighting The Premier League and to a lesser extent, The Championship as well. For fun and for a nostalgic look back at how things used to be and for what we can all equate to, go non league and League Two. Pompey fans have an absolute ball
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

One thing is certain or at least hopefully will be..... We should see what effect Moyes has on the squad, what his capabilities are and what players give a ****

This should become clear in the first 10 mins. If we are 1 down after 10 mins I’d suggest that’s our season done.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

One of the problems in this match is that 100% of the pressure is going to be on us. 0% pressure on them. They are going to enjoy the game which can only help their play & their game.
FAH_1973

Post by FAH_1973 »

We need to be aggressive and attacking from the start on Saturday. We know Burnley are a hard working physical team and we need to match that. Hopefully their recent form and the fact that they have hit the magic 40 point mark might take the edge off their performance.
Vic_Watson

Post by Vic_Watson »

An Austrian scout is supposed to be turning up to watch Ashley Barnes. Might liven Arnie up as well.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Vic_Watson wrote:An Austrian scout.
Lord Baden-Baden Powell?