CCR2: Wimbledon 1-3 West Ham Utd (28/08/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: AFC Wimbledon v West Ham Utd: match thread (28/8)

Post by S-H »

Edit: posted in Hernandez thread.
Coops
Has liked: 444 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

I think it was a foul, but Hernandez made far too much of it.
I don't like seeing that but at the same time refs often bottle the difficult decisions so players have to go down to get the free kick.

I also think we would have won comfortably if they had stayed at 11 men, this has given them an excuse to claim they were robbed.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Hernandez falling to the ground with minimal or what looked like minimal contact was embarrassing to see - Whether ' But everyone else does it ' should be an excuse or not I'll leave for others to decide , if we condone it then it becomes part of the game , if we stand against it then it gets kicked out of the game [ or it should do ] .
The pushing , shoving and holding onto players was never part of the game when I was a boy now it would appear that anything goes - Referees tried to get rid of it now it seems it's up to the individual .
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

This is being done in the Hernandez thread now.

Hands up it was my fault for making it an issue in this thread.

Please from now on post in the Hernandez thread

:thup:
Red Kens Slave

Post by Red Kens Slave »

it was only a few months back that we laboured past Shrewsbury and got turned over by Wigan so I'm not really all that fussed about the manner of the win. In cup football progression is all that matters.

Glad the manager sent out a strong team and went for it, even if things took a while to come off.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Red Kens Slave wrote:it was only a few months back that we laboured past Shrewsbury and got turned over by Wigan so I'm not really all that fussed about the manner of the win. In cup football progression is all that matters.

Glad the manager sent out a strong team and went for it, even if things took a while to come off.
The comparison with Wigan last year couldn't be more vivid. Arthurs sending off for spitting clouded the real issue, which was how totally inept we were for the whole 90 mins
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

Pleasantly surprised with this one. love the fact we had so much possession etc. because despite opposition we never used to do this.

Especially towards the end of the game we really were buzzing about at such speed, I am really encouraged for the future and this includes some very below par performances. When we are up to speed I really think we will play good stuff.

I know its 'only AFC Wimbledon' and they had ten men but that would have been a game lost last season.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Johnny_C WHU wrote:Pleasantly surprised with this one. love the fact we had so much possession etc. because despite opposition we never used to do this.

Especially towards the end of the game we really were buzzing about at such speed, I am really encouraged for the future and this includes some very below par performances. When we are up to speed I really think we will play good stuff.

I know its 'only AFC Wimbledon' and they had ten men but that would have been a game lost last season.
I particularly liked the way we did to them what other teams have been doing to us for years and years, especially so in the second half, when we quietened the crowd down and when on the odd rare occasion, they did manage to pass the half way line, we quickly nicked the ball off them again before they could get within range of our penalty area. Think Adrian only touched the ball about twice in that second half and they were to retrieve pass backs, or boot the ball out