West Ham Utd 0-1 Tottenham Hotspur (20/10/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham Utd v Tottenham Hotspur: match thread (20/10)

Post by Vic_Watson »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:4) Were involved in a 2 horse title race with Leicester, and came 3rd...
Priceless. But the chicken on the ball made me laugh the most.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

We’re obsessed with them yet their thread is nearly twice as long and full of bile. :D

Going on about how much they can’t stand losing to us despite it alledgedly being our cup final :lol:
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

According to one poster most of our fans are anti-Semitic...
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

Honestly reading this is like a guilty pleasure.

Apparently we play our dirtiest against them because the club as a whole is anti-Semitic.

I’m sure the players are briefed on this and accept it.

In fact The Jewish Yossi Benayoun only ever celebrated against them when he scored because he’s anti-Semitic.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we hate them and they hate us . quite simple . now lets do these

need an electric atmosphere from the beginning full commitment from fans and players alike.

no sitting still eating popcorn. if you are not singing your heart out then get out !

keep moura and mong quite and we can do them.
TommyHammer
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 571 likes

Post by TommyHammer »

I don’t even enjoy this game to be honest and can’t wait until it’s over, regardless of what the result is.

I do find it hilarious how over a couple of seasons though, they’ve gone from talking about the game and how much they are going to smash us to now just taking pops at the fan base.
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Pob! wrote:Just to set the mood..

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum ... -18.28848/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
Dear oh dear, they really don’t like us do they ? The fact they’ve got double the amount of pages in their match thread with 75% of it not even being about the match just shows that it obviously IS somewhat of a cup final for them. The language is highly forgettable too, f this and c that, just shows what a bunch of degenerates they really are.

They think they’re something special, they’re not. Very apt that they’ll be in a toilet bowl soon.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

they are a good team though who will cause us problems on Saturday unless we start well.

we need to win this game and the cup game against them to give lift off to our season as we are not quiet there at the moment.

need a long unbeaten run now

spurs w
Leicester d
spurs cup w
man city d
Huddersfield a w

That's what I want to see from us now. really push on.
players like Anderson yarmolenko obiang masuaka to really step up.

we have some players who are playing well for us but we need all to be firing.

fab zab diop balbuena rice arnie noble have been good for most games now if we can get the others joining in we will do well.

COYI
Patito

Post by Patito »

Do they actually think calling us Wet Spam is clever or witty? Grown men most of them ffs Image
Patito

Post by Patito »

Their fans are almost as delusional as the bin dippers. Crying out for the ‘West Ham Way’, what’s that then?
Ending your season early year after year. Image
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Considering there is a cup final being played, there's no media coverage at all?

How strange.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Gerblatz »

Amongst the most loathesome, deluded, chicken chokers since the entitled Mancs...
Their bop pop group can’t sing a decent song..save the same old tripe.

I have a ticket for this game and really looking forward to it. They have some decent players, but we scare them and we’re meeting them with a much better set up. 3-1 :crest:
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

thejackhammer wrote:According to one poster most of our fans are anti-Semitic...
Always going to be a tough one for any opposing team to get around or avoid until they drop their self given nickname.

It is rightly an offence for any opposition fans to use the Y word yet 50 to 60 thousand home fans are allowed to chant it on a weekly basis with no attempt what so ever from the club to phase it out or move on from it. The pure nature of terrace banta is that fans feed off of each other going back and forth with songs, chants and retorts. It goes without saying that them chanting the Y word is keeping it on the agenda for opposition fans too.

Times have to change. Why cant they sing about being a Lilly White army? Or a Spurs army?
I fully appreciate the stance of them adopting the word to counter and negate antisemitism but I personally feel it is counter productive in this day in age. Why not just phase it out altogether?

I also find it ironic they constantly hide behind this stance given some of the homophobic and racist bile some of theirs have aimed at Sol Campbell over the years. Obviously we have our fair share of idiots, I find myself cringing at our own on a fairly regular basis, but you'd be hard pushed to find any club who doesn't have that element. So why are they allowed to throw stones (or cups of piss) from their glass house and not expect any come back?

Spurs for me are the football equivalent of a wimpy little kid at school who would hang around on the fringes of bigger groups of kids hoping to be included in their games and accepted. They would wind everyone up by being as annoying as possible then spoil it for everyone by running to the teacher to tell tales or accuse people of bullying as soon as it gets a bit much for them.

They are a much better footballing team than us as it stands, have been for over a decade (don't we just know it though) but they are still a London rival and when we play each other it is still a big deal to both sides. Always will be.
The sooner they climb down from their own perceived high horse (which is actually more like a pony in wider footballing terms) and realise this, the sooner we can move on from all this nonsense and just get on with hating each other purely for the fact that we are London rivals.

Since our move to Stratford we are just 6km from Arsenal and 8km from Spurs (they are 6km from each other). It is fantastic to have three clubs in a triangle of such close proximity playing each other on a regular basis and capable of beating each other. Obviously we are very much playing catch up but there is nothing to say that with time and investment we can't get there.

I love London derby games, long may that continue...!
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 538 likes
Total likes: 410 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

^^^^

Top post Sutts :thup:
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

Reading TFC is mildly amusing. They post a pic of Green St but don’t even know who the lead is

They’re making up for a lack of cups by being mugs :lol:
Row X
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Row X »

We mean nothing to them, but they all go on about how they've never celebrated a goal more than one which they scored against us, little old West Ham, the goal they celebrated the most.

We mean nothing to them, they can call Palace Palace, they can call Fulham Fulham, they can call QPR QPR, yet for some reason they just can't bring themselves to just say West Ham... thought we didn't mean anything to them though?

The biggest irony is that we 'are all racists' yet they call themselves a Y word which we can't say, as they'll run off and tell the police, and they call us p*****.

Anyway, on to the game, thought Kane was excellent last night for England and all over the pitch, hopefully he'll be blowing out of arse on Saturday. Big test for Declan, if he can keep Erikson quiet he will stop the supply to Kane... then going the other way, if our wingers can keep their full backs in their own half, we have half the battle won.

Think it will be tight, head says 1-1 heart say 3-1 :scarfer:
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

Row X wrote:Big test for Declan, if he can keep Erikson quiet he will stop the supply to Kane... then going the other way, if our wingers can keep their full backs in their own half, we have half the battle won.
Think Eriksen is still out with his stomach injury... they don't have a time frame on his return and he is only doing light training alone. Obviously he could get a few days full training in now and line up against us on Saturday still. Same for Alli I as far as I am aware.

With Vertonghen, Dembele, Janssen, Aurier and Rose all also on their way back it is going to be a long tough slog for Spurs between now and Christmas truth be told.

That said, Moura will provide a huge test for Rice regardless though, he has been in immense form for Spurs and needs to be shackled.
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

Hadn't realised just how poor they have been against us in the past five years until a SPurs mate a t work mentioned it...

Played us twelve times...
Lost to us six times...
Drawn with us twice...
Beaten us four times...

Four wins against us out of twelve in the past five years. That is shocking for a self proclaimed big team.
Maybe they should start treating it like a cup final or giving more of a toss about the fixture after all.

Arsenal have only lost to us once in our last 12, Man City and Man Utd just twice and Chelsea three times. Huge difference in comparison.
Stepney

Post by Stepney »

Tough one to call. Part of me thinks that the Brighton result will be the shot in the arm required (even though I don't think we played that badly we just couldn't get that vital breakthrough). Another part of me thinks that we are due a bad result against them as we haven't done so badly against them of late. I think a mixture of all of that lot would be a 2-2 draw with them unfortunately getting the equaliser.
hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 »

injury doubts on arnie and masuaka but both should make it.

yarmolenko playing tonight. he needs to get match fit as he struggles with the physicality of the premier league. needs to be like arnie and toughen up.

2-0 hammers arnie and diop