Southampton 1-2 West Ham Utd (27/12/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

17 years of hurt
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: ⚽ Southampton v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by 17 years of hurt »

First off RIP peaches dad, great to get the win for him.

Great away day that. Drove down on my todd, had a wander round ocean village as I was there nice and early and stumbled across the team coming out of the hotel onto the bus.

On seeing the line I was a little concerned but not as much as I used to be. The pelligrini has really got his stamp on this team now and it seems whoever plays seems to fit effortlessly into the system.

Declan Rice oozed class yesterday. Another superb performance.

Antonio, although a bit shaky in the first half at times, produced a cracking attacking display from RB.

Obiang, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Snoddy all put in very good shifts. Fab however is looking like one of our best signings from the summer. Another superb solid display.

Anderson looked very hit and miss yesterday especially first half but boy when he hit yesterday, he ****ing hit. Definitely proved he’s £40m worth in the last couple of months....

Happy away day, especially being so close to the home fans. They really are an odd bunch, very lairy but in a very non threatening “inbetweeners” kind of way. Watching their smug faces drop as Anderson banged in the second was enjoyable.

1h30 run home meant I was back indoors before midnight aswell. Happy days :scarfer:
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

You know the reffing was poor when you feel you got the rub of the green despite having someone throw the ball into your net and have it given.

Targett getting a card for his incident and Carroll escaping with nothing is objectively, hilariously inconsistent application regardless of which side you’re on.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 841 likes

Post by mushy »

steps wrote:Anderson does track back, and his stats prove this.

But you don’t want your best attacking players constantly tracking back, when will people get this around their heads? If he gets injured, we will be pretty much ****ed.
One of Anderson's strengths is that when he does track back he can nick the ball from the opposition and create a quick counter attack, he is able to do this because he is really good at reading the game, and I mean really good, his anticipation of what's about to happen is top notch.
That's why he should track back, he ain't gonna lunge in, he is just looking for the pass.
waynepin
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by waynepin »

went on the saints site to see their views and they would love to have Anderson, I think he is one other fans rate higher than some of ours, he tracks back and does his job but was not signed for his tackling, when he stays forward it leaves opponents knowing if they lose possession they are in trouble, great performance yesterday Obiang was brilliant as was the defence, please keep Cresswell at left back solid and linked well with Anderson, Rice just get him signed that performance just before the transfer window opens is a worry, Antonio is not a right back and the first ten minutes was all over the place, after that he was brilliant scared them every time he ran at them, if Zab had played I think he would have destroyed the saints defence last night, as for the debate after get fat Sam on with Bellamy he will explain to the fat big head what the west ham way is about
Porkeyes

Post by Porkeyes »

I hope the two chubby retards who ran on the pitch to give it the Barry at the end last year enjoyed that one :thup:
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

Porkeyes wrote:I hope the two chubby retards who ran on the pitch to give it the Barry at the end last year enjoyed that one :thup:
?
Disco

Post by Disco »

the pink palermo wrote:Optus in Australia have stuck up an alternative XI from our injury list

--------------------- Adrian----------------------

Zab----Reid----Balbuena-----Fredricks

---------------Sanchez--Wilshere

Yarmolenko--Lanzini--Arnautovic

---------------------Hernandez-------------

That team might have beaten our starting XI tonight.
Hey PP, you don't happen to be in Oz at the moment? Specifically Melbourne? For the cricket maybe?

Noticed someone on Twitter the other day with an alias Pinky (followed by a host of random numbers) tweet Kumb and a couple of others making comment about the view at the MCG being better than the London Stadium :lol:
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1918 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Disco wrote:...making comment about the view at the MCG being better than the London Stadium :lol:
Definitely PP. He’s going through the MCG annual accounts as we speak.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Disco wrote:Hey PP, you don't happen to be in Oz at the moment? Specifically Melbourne?
according to the australia thread, he is!
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1918 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

RayleighIrons wrote:
EH? :?
It’s my job, so no worries.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

the pink palermo wrote:
Most of which will be spent on a new deal for Rice.....

Your go
Antonio and Obiang :eh:
'stone hammer
Has liked: 718 likes
Total likes: 497 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Great game and we deserved that win. The best thing for me is that two of our most important players in Snodgrass and Antonio are players that we'd previously written off. Antonio in particular looked so dangerous from RB
Boom Kid
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Boom Kid »

Great performance - especially considering the players we had out, and hats off to the claret and blue army - loud and clear all game. :scarfer:
Supreme
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Supreme »

If anyone fancies some enjoyable lunchtime viewing...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

waynepin wrote: as for the debate after get fat Sam on with Bellamy he will explain to the fat big head what the west ham way is about
I was reading your full post and this line at the end just caught me off guard and my coffee went down the wrong hole. Thanks for that. :lol:
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

I continue to be entertained by Mr Pellegrini and his team. I even thought we were unlucky on Saturday. Considering our injury list and many of those that are available are recovering from injury, our current position and the football we are playing is excellent. I believe we will win more than we lose, but lose some we shall however, frankly I can live with that provided we keep trying to play the same way.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

I managed to catch the breakaway second goal on video....

Andy Carroll (Hulk)........trailing ....Image
Tarte Encore
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Tarte Encore »

JuniorBilly wrote:If anyone fancies some enjoyable lunchtime viewing...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have no comprehension of anybody that goes to a football match, pointing a selfy stick at themselves for the best part of 2 hours, whilst they chat inanely about a game they're not really concentrating on. Then go home, edit it and post it on YT..... baffles me.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Southampton were crap, i would be worried if i support them. They were lucky to stay in the game for the majority of it and if we had a bit more strength up top i think it would have been a big scoreline. They sat back for large periods and no one up top wanted the ball and this was on the back of two wins and a new manager bounce...
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 456 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

JuniorBilly wrote:If anyone fancies some enjoyable lunchtime viewing...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I would go mental if somebody sat next to me talking to a camera for the whole game.