West Ham Utd 3 Blackburn Rovers 1 (13/08/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

ExeC wrote:consider buying a new keyboard too as it seems your shift key is stuck down :(
JUST GETS MORE ATTENTION @@++++££££
supersaints

Post by supersaints »

SkySports1 @ 8.25pm tonight - 90 min rerun of the best game of the day from the premiership - WHUFC vs Blackburn :)
coxy
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by coxy »

We are game of the day on football first. It's on sky sports 1 at 20:25 and shows extended coverage. And don't forget Pards on goals on sunday tommorrow :wink:
Jakarta Hammer

Great Win

Post by Jakarta Hammer »

Its all about confidence and as the game went on we showed we had the pace to worry them. Probably get the striker we need, push Marlon wide and brring Yossi into the hole as they say.

NRC MOM for sure - the engine room of the team just like Gerrard.

We also need a right back to back up Repka - Dailly will be beaten for pace by most wide players.
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

supersaints wrote:SkySports1 @ 8.25pm tonight - 90 min rerun of the best game of the day from the premiership - WHUFC vs Blackburn :)
Are they are showing the full 90 minutes???
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

coxy wrote:We are game of the day on football first. It's on sky sports 1 at 20:25 and shows extended coverage. And don't forget Pards on goals on sunday tommorrow :wink:
Thanks, you have just answered my question. :wink:
Bryant4114
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Bryant4114 »

Cracking stuff, makes youlaugh when people say blackburn have an undeserved reputation. Dirtiest fuckin side since preston. I mean Dickovs tackle was disgusting and Savage commitded the most cynical lunge ive ever seen

But we were just too good for them, Yossi just never stopped running, Reo-coker superb. Dailly played well at right back but going forward he was poor, i mean his crossing left a lot to be desired, its to be expected but Repka i would think would impress a lot of people playing there.

Anton was just immense, Gabbidon looked a little edgy though. Didnt like his left foot, lost a fair few in the air as well
Bromleyboy
Location: ....waiting for the lift so I can go to the next level
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Bromleyboy »

Just got home. Anton MOM for me - outstanding.

Impressed with Yossi - so much for the lightweight who won't get stuck in.

Happy days - I'm off out to get pissed.

:raver: :raver: :raver: :raver: :raver:
BackInTheBigTime
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by BackInTheBigTime »

Fantastic result and a really encouraging performance. Come on you Irons!!! :D

Watched it live on TV here in Sweden and after a shaky first 20 mins I thought we dominated. Solid at the back, with Anton looking very composed, and the midfield got stronger and stronger as the match went on.

Yossi did look lightweight in possesion but was certainly not afraid to get stuck in and his passing was superb at times. He doesn't seem like a Christiano Ronaldo-type trickster with fancy step overs and the like (from what we've seen so far), but instead he kept it simple and set up the first and last goal. Quality.

NRC looked stong and could be a very key player for us this year. MOM for me. His goal was fantastic. Great first touch to create the space and let rip with a blistering, swerving shot in to the top corner.

Harewood was a handful with his pace and strength, but the few strikes he had toward goal were appalling. Ethers looked lively and the way Konchesky sent Savage tumbling in to the crowd as revenge for the lunge on Marlon was the highlight of the first half.

Roll on Newcastle!
one fine morning....

Post by one fine morning.... »

just got back....anton man of the match and formed a great partnership with gabbidon.

konchesky was flawless except for one late wayward pass...should be in eriksson's squad named at 7.30 but won't be.

no one had a bad game, mullins occasionally caught in possession but that's par for the course in the holding position when you always get the ball in a tight spot. his recoveries were immense and he set the tone.

harewood had a blinder and i have no words for reo-coker, sheringham and benayoun.

what a day, what a result.
D&G

Post by D&G »

Accept it,the only hope of us getting something out of this game is by Pardew buying another three players 1 midfielder 2 strikers before next weekend. We are going to basically come out with the same team as last season if we dont.
I thought our defence was good against Den Haag,but I will be interested to see how they perform in there first Premiership game.Our midfielders and strikers just arn't up to the challenge.
Zamora and Harewood will be invisable. Yossi will be kicked out of the game and Coker wont score again. Only person i'm putting my hopes on is Licka,he looks quality

I am totally ashamed of myself :oops: That has to be one of the worst predictions of a game I have ever come out with. I think I got every aspect of the team wrong in everyway. TOTALLY ashamed and :evil: with myself.
Italian Hammer
Total likes: 282 likes

Post by Italian Hammer »

bittorrent of the game anyone - even just the second half will do :wink:

for us poor sods overseas - all in a good cause.

go on.

pls
one fine morning....

Post by one fine morning.... »

nice to see Etherington in the No11 shirt too...at last!
Eastbourne Hammer

Post by Eastbourne Hammer »

York Ham(mer) wrote: Happy days. :D Will it last? :D

I'm sorry to put this so bluntly, but don't be so bloody stupid. :evil:

There's no way that Charlton will be able to maintain it! :D
daniel

Post by daniel »

yossi was interviewd by an israeli tv station.
he said that at first he had trouble to get in to the game, but he slowly got used to the english pace.
he said that the team's motivation coming in to the second half was huge, and that pards told them during the break to keep up the good pace.
he also said that the pass he gave to matty wasn't special, he juse knew that matty was in a better position than him.
he also said that he thinks NRC will be england's next star, and that his efforts in today's game were instrumental.
he said that the victory will definently give the team a push towards the upcoming match against newcastle.
SL

Post by SL »

daniel wrote:yossi was interviewd by an israeli tv station.
he said that at first he had trouble to get in to the game, but he slowly got used to the english pace.
he said that the team's motivation coming in to the second half was huge, and that pards told them during the break to keep up the good pace.
he also said that the pass he gave to matty wasn't special, he juse knew that matty was in a better position than him.
he also said that he thinks NRC will be england's next star, and that his efforts in today's game were instrumental.
he said that the victory will definently give the team a push towards the upcoming match against newcastle.
I love him already.
Eastbourne Hammer

Post by Eastbourne Hammer »

daniel wrote:yossi was interviewd by an israeli tv station.
Thanks for that Daniel. Bear in mind however that you have set a precedent & we will now expect this kind of feedback for every match! :wink:
DMC

Post by DMC »

i dont know about use, but Anton looked to me that he was going to win every ball he went up for. He looked solid. One of the best players on the park.

I have to say that Dailly look solid at the back, but going forward was terrible.

Yossi didnt do much with the ball in the 1st half, but got stuck in with the challenges.
2nd half, he played amazing.

Gabbidon looked solid as the game went on, but looked shacky with the passes at the start.

Midfield was solid, aswell as defence, but i think we need a striker
D&G

Post by D&G »

DMC wrote:i dont know about use, but Anton looked to me that he was going to win every ball he went up for. He looked solid. One of the best players on the park.

I have to say that Dailly look solid at the back, but going forward was terrible.

Yossi didnt do much with the ball in the 1st half, but got stuck in with the challenges.
2nd half, he played amazing.

Gabbidon looked solid as the game went on, but looked shacky with the passes at the start.

Midfield was solid, aswell as defence, but i think we need a striker
Or two
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

we have legends in the making - Yossi was fantastic - he even tackles - NRC was immmense once he got going - and when Marlon corrects his gunsights he's going to get a hatful - and well done Mullins - I thought he kept us in it for long stretches - and Anton looked England class - Blackburn were big and strong but we made them look very very ordinary - this was good old-fashioned West Ham - my buckle was totally swashed by the last 70 minute performance -what a fantastic crodw too - big applause at halftime even 1-0 down - this is going to be a mad season - hang on tight!