Birmingham City 1 West Ham Utd 2 (05/12/05)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammer for life

Post by Hammer for life »

i think the best we can hope for realistically is a draw i reckon 1-1 with yossi to put us in front but birmingham to equalise in second half i cant seeing us getting all three points there although i think we really need to with our record at goodison and the fact that blackburn are starting to play pretty decent
Faded & Dead

Post by Faded & Dead »

chevy wrote:probably best not to advertise where we will be all drinking...

i do not think there are any designated pubs for away fans at birmingham...

but if anyone could pm me with any suggestions it would be appreciated....
Yeah I realise that, and not knowing anyone on this forum personally I'm not gonna receive a pm, I do agree with that however so its not a complaint. just should get my arse down the wakefield or something. Hey ho, tinnies by the ring road could be quite entertaining anyway by the sound of it...

just read the following, http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/ ... irming.htm

"....It is worth bearing mind that a certain section of Birmingham fans are particularly passionate about their club and this can make for an intimidating atmosphere for away supporters...."

yeah yeah
ExeC
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by ExeC »

Birmingham 1 - 3 West Ham
Hesky 22'

Benayon 37', 84'
Sheringham 48'

3 Corners to 4
2 Yellows to 1
0 Reds
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

clarke wrote:On football ground guide for parking it says you can park around some ring road and also it says some local schools allow you to park there for a small (apparently) fee. However, me and my mate plan to go there in the afternoon then explore Birmingham for a while, at this time schools will probably be open. Is St Andrews far away from the city centre?
Probably a couple of miles away from the new Bullring - cab. Brum is not actually that bad for a wander - pubs up on the canal (can't remember names), wierd shaped building at Selfridges and more street entertainers than you can shake a stick at on New Street. I went up for the first time a couple of months back and was pleasantly suprised.
Greyhound

Post by Greyhound »

Draw written all over it. Hoping for at least a point as I think 8 or 9 points out of our December games will see us safe.

Oh, and a fiver on Marlon to score first.
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

Greyhound wrote:Draw written all over it. Hoping for at least a point as I think 8 or 9 points out of our December games will see us safe.

Oh, and a fiver on Marlon to score first.
Although I tend not to bet on West Ham, I may have some of that. He seems to have done well infront of the Sky cameras this season.
Russian Hammer

Post by Russian Hammer »

I am worried about this game. West Ham can win this one, but also can lose. We can beat anyone on our day, but also we are very often poor against a poor teams. Typical.
I ll go for 1-1, late equliser by Teddy boy.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

i'll

Post by w4hammer »

read on the beeb that heskey is very doubtfull to make this game after getting caught playing the scum on tuesday night...
mattcox10

Post by mattcox10 »

Is this one sold out yet?
Red mist Repka

Post by Red mist Repka »

Birmingham need a result badly, we have our work cut out here, on and off the pitch!
Bromleyboy
Location: ....waiting for the lift so I can go to the next level
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Bromleyboy »

Come on people - Brum are *****. Biggest away win of the season for the irons. Don't ask me for the score, i'll probably lose count :shock:
PATISH

Post by PATISH »

So far we had our best games after losses,

WHU 2 Birmingham 0
Matty and Yossi to score.
Bill
Stranded in the smog
Has liked: 141 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by Bill »

I'm going for a draw since I'm always pessimistic away from home. Brum are ***** big time, but I just think they'll outfight us in midfield.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

From bbc stats

Last exceeded 19 points from the first 13 matches of a Premier League season in 1998/99 when 20 points were accrued, and the club went on to finish a Premiership best fifth.

Our 2nd best start in the prem and we are still being negative :shock:
OsloHammer

Post by OsloHammer »

From The Mirror
HAMMERS' fans won't have forgotten the last time these two met in the Premiership. It was at St. Andrews in May 2003 - the last day of the season - and a 2-2 draw saw the Claret and Blues relegated to the Championship. But this time around its Birmingham who have the relegation worries (they're second from bottom). Last Saturday's win at Sunderland ended a five-match losing streak, but they still haven't won at home this season.

Prediction: Birmingham 0 - West Ham 1
mattcox10

Post by mattcox10 »

2-1 West Ham,

We go 2-0 into the lead, Brum pull one back late on.

Marlon and Bobby for me.

Do you think he will start Teddy or Zamora? As Ted has looked bit quiet last few games.
D&G

Post by D&G »

Lot of players back from injury for Birmingham. Should we be worried?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 473120.stm
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Bumped.
tits_guest1986

Post by tits_guest1986 »

2-1 Birmingham, Harewood for us.

Feel a bit pessimistic with Birnmingham not winning at home all season
steve857

Post by steve857 »

you know what happens when a team aint won at home all season, they look out for the west ham fixture, it happend about 10 years ago when everton hadn't won all seaon, then up pops west ham, and bang...gary ablett scores for them, not any recognised goalscorer, not even a goal scoring midfielder, gary f*cking ablett.

i wanna say a west ham victory, but i've been burnt to many times in the past...ahhh f*ck it 2-0 to west ham.