Arsenal 2 West Ham Utd 3 (01/02/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Sheringham

Post by Sheringham »

I've got a torrent for the match, is it ok the post it here? I think all want it.
GIBBO

Post by GIBBO »

go for it
I am law

Post by I am law »

jacko wrote:i thought mullins was excellent last night. I know it's been said before but I'll say it again: he has really settled in that position. I thought he was dominant last night.
Just watched the MOTD highlights again (for prob the 10th time).
My estimation of the passes (the assists) leading to each goal just keeps getting better.

Mullins hesitates for that split second to let NRC get close enough to beat Campbell...

Konch's pass to the Z-man was inch perfect.

NRC's curved across the box pass to Matty was international class, given the tiny amount of time he had to make that decision.

WHU are playing cultured football now, from the defensive players forward. The attacking players - Yossi especially - are putting in some fantastic defensive work. A true team ethic. Not seen the like for poss 20 years!

Well done AP. He's clearly loving it too...
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

I got home approximately 24 hours ago with a silly grin on my face.

'er indoors has just pointed out that the grin still hasn't gone yet.
Darling

Post by Darling »

Darling wrote:I think we'll do them. High scoring game, we'll come from behind and nick it by 3 goals to two.................................
.............................I really don't think the Arse will be looking forward to playing us as they will see it as a lose/lose situation.
Darling predicts with near pinpoint accuracy - again. 8-)

[/b]
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Darling wrote: Darling predicts with near pinpoint accuracy - again. 8-)

[/b]
Near, is the key word in that sentence Darling... :wink:
Darling

Post by Darling »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: Near, is the key word in that sentence Darling... :wink:
You mean it is not possible to be half pregnant? :shock:
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

wednesday night story

Post by w4hammer »

.so after having cocked up my ticket application, and not having Sky, i thought the only wa y to really experience the evening was to sit in front of the Pc and listen to the Radio London commentary with my son ( strange notion and the like, but bear with me..)....so we're having a party, sending txts in., jumping up and down like idiots and generally having fun.....anyways, the tension was getting a bit much when we were 2-1 up and under pressure, and we had a dad0son spat over something ridiculous like how you spell battered or the like, and he goes off in ahuff to his bedroom to listen to the same commentary on the radio.....ten minutes later he lets out a scream comes bowling down the stairs screaming "YEAHYEH YEAH MAATTTTTTTYYYYYYY ETHHHHERRRINGGGTOON SCORRRESSSSSSSSSSS!!!":

im sitting there looking at him and saying what the f** you on about no he hasnt "yes he has" for about a minute or so...and suddendly i hear the Internet commentary going " ashton....harrying larsssonn.,...loose ball picked up by N igel Reo ckoer...ball in to the box YEAHHHHHHHHHH"

cue us jumping up and down like idiots, and me realising there must be about a minute and a half delay on the internet feeds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am law

Re: wednesday night story

Post by I am law »

w4hammer wrote:.so after having cocked up my ticket application, and not having Sky, i thought the only wa y to really experience the evening was to sit in front of the Pc and listen to the Radio London commentary with my son ( strange notion and the like, but bear with me..)....so we're having a party, sending txts in., jumping up and down like idiots and generally having fun.....anyways, the tension was getting a bit much when we were 2-1 up and under pressure, and we had a dad0son spat over something ridiculous like how you spell battered or the like, and he goes off in ahuff to his bedroom to listen to the same commentary on the radio.....ten minutes later he lets out a scream comes bowling down the stairs screaming "YEAHYEH YEAH MAATTTTTTTYYYYYYY ETHHHHERRRINGGGTOON SCORRRESSSSSSSSSSS!!!":

im sitting there looking at him and saying what the f** you on about no he hasnt "yes he has" for about a minute or so...and suddendly i hear the Internet commentary going " ashton....harrying larsssonn.,...loose ball picked up by N igel Reo ckoer...ball in to the box YEAHHHHHHHHHH"

cue us jumping up and down like idiots, and me realising there must be about a minute and a half delay on the internet feeds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't cliam it, unfortunately, but I hope for your sake you haven't forgotten that its your round in the pub pre-Sunderland tomorrow. You're in for some tall tales!
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

ahha

Post by w4hammer »

i'll be there1!
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

http://www.arsenal-mania.com/forum/view ... sc&start=0

just got told of this link

its a long thread but amusing all the same
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

What a fcukin great day :D

Cost going well on a ton coming down from York, London travel, beer, food, ticket, more beer, etc but was worth every single penny and wouldn't change it for the world

I'm now absolutely skint, but a big thank you must go out to the British taxpayer who helped make this possible :D
I am law

Post by I am law »

hadleighhammer wrote:What a fcukin great day :D

Cost going well on a ton coming down from York, London travel, beer, food, ticket, more beer, etc but was worth every single penny and wouldn't change it for the world

I'm now absolutely skint, but a big thank you must go out to the British taxpayer who helped make this possible :D
Why? was it some kind of day release // rehab // back into the community from Full Sutton prison? :lol:
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

I am law wrote: Why? was it some kind of day release // rehab // back into the community from Full Sutton prison? :lol:
Or York University :wink:

Now **** off and do some more work. I'm skint and need a bigger student loan :D
I am law

Post by I am law »

hadleighhammer wrote: Or York University :wink:

Now **** off and do some more work. I'm skint and need a bigger student loan :D
Oh OK, but you'll be paying us back at some pointless rate of interest for the furst decade of that job in McD's...
steward205

a

Post by steward205 »

Ae we supporters gay
not heard for a while and its been forgotten due to PERSONAL reasons
dont forget the quality goals either

we won the last time at highbury..last time at highbury.
we won the last time at highbury..last time at highbury