FAC6: Manchester City 1 West Ham Utd 2 (20/03/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 754 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Man of match gonna be a tricky one - everyone kicked botty tonight, tho Dailly was skinned a few times.

Who would you rather have - Ethers or Tricky Trev when he hit his peak for us? Although he does have tendency to lose ball sometimes, I think Ethers is amazing - one of the most positive players I've ever seen in a West Ham shirt. Defenders must be scared pooless of him.

Hoho to the Spuddy boys for letting him go!
Sompting37

Post by Sompting37 »

Fortunes always hiding. , Been on me own tonight, bird on business meet so singing top of me voice, so i'm pissed n appy bring on Lumpard and the Chelscum.
Up your arse, up your arse stick your mobile up your arse, from John Terry to Frank Lampard stick your mobile up your arse. So I love you all and goodnight
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

well

Post by w4hammer »

pre xmas--i was very worried about matty. but fuk--he's got such bite and fitness,,and his game now ISNT about " the final ball in"...its about all the other stuff he does....in place, tackles, position, holding the ball(getting "DVD"sent off )
etc etc
Sompting37

Post by Sompting37 »

Sorry Guy n Gals but i'm Brahms/
Jackanakanory
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jackanakanory »

That is now my desktop background

Yossi body language is quality...just says so easy...
Quest

Post by Quest »

steveyrockstar wrote:Man of match gonna be a tricky one - everyone kicked botty tonight, tho Dailly was skinned a few times.

Who would you rather have - Ethers or Tricky Trev when he hit his peak for us? Although he does have tendency to lose ball sometimes, I think Ethers is amazing - one of the most positive players I've ever seen in a West Ham shirt. Defenders must be scared pooless of him.

Hoho to the Spuddy boys for letting him go!
Ran for the full 120 mins against Bolton as well, really amazing work rate and still got the energy to control the ball first touch and take players on right through the game.

I didnt realise quite how fast he is over the ground until I saw him chasing back against Bolton. Awsome again tonight.
wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1703 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Back from the game, total quality. I'm not gonna point out good/bad performances. I could see us making it hard for ourselves in the last 10 minutes. But i've been to a number of West Ham away cup nights and usually we dissapoint. Tonight was incredible.

Roll on the Semis :lol:
Happyhammer

Post by Happyhammer »

:D Just a wonderful night, team played well, did what they had to do, then you look back at portsmonth and you know you are supporting the mighty hammers. :D

Mr pardew you are slow but surely winng me over, just sort out the tactics and bloody goals going in our end, and I would be over the MOON.
Sompting37

Post by Sompting37 »

Not enough, far too subdued, come on you Irons
Harewood-3.16

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

Collins was simply awesome, how much better does he look when he has Gabbs as a partner......

Ashton was better then awesome, 7 million, what a bargain id say he is worth double that after only 5 games

Great to see Etherington play, I was surprised he did and thank god he did, still my choice for Hammer of the year and I think he will be off to Germany too.

I say Bring on the semi's, Charlton at home please and Chelsea v Liverpool in the other one
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Harewood-3.16 wrote:Collins was simply awesome, how much better does he look when he has Gabbs as a partner......

Ashton was better then awesome, 7 million, what a bargain id say he is worth double that after only 5 games

Great to see Etherington play, I was surprised he did and thank god he did, still my choice for Hammer of the year and I think he will be off to Germany too.

I say Bring on the semi's, Charlton at home please and Chelsea v Liverpool in the other one
They are at Neutral grounds mate :wink:
Sompting37

Post by Sompting37 »

Fukc Charlton bring on the lady boy and his pals.
yabush

Post by yabush »

seems that I should download the whole match... :)

btw,how was Dailly and Collins?
Corkster

Post by Corkster »

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/9779/ashton3ot.gif

I'm sure you'll all enjoy, I know I ****ing am :wink:
Galwayman
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Galwayman »

Oh Happy (Hammer) Days.................

Perhaps it's been covered already - why did he play Dailly instead of Scaloni? Apart from that the rest of the team were awesome. :D
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Corkster wrote:http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/9779/ashton3ot.gif

I'm sure you'll all enjoy, I know I f*cking am :wink:
Top work mate, on my phone already :lol:
Sompting37

Post by Sompting37 »

Get in there
yabush

Post by yabush »

Galwayman wrote:Oh Happy (Hammer) Days.................

Perhaps it's been covered already - why did he play Dailly instead of Scaloni? Apart from that the rest of the team were awesome. :D
Probably Scaloni was very tired after the Pompey game
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Galwayman wrote:Oh Happy (Hammer) Days.................

Dont know, but apart from the 1st 5 minutes and once when he get totally skinned I thought that our very own football genius did ok tonght and we actually looked worse when he went off....who'd have thought it!