FAC6: Manchester City 1 West Ham Utd 2 (20/03/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Corkster

Post by Corkster »

wolf359 wrote: Top work mate, on my phone already :lol:
Not my work mate but a trusted Hammers fan on another site, was ****ing quick to get it done, I figured I'd hshare the wealth :wink:
Rob
Trying hard to get a tag

Post by Rob »

yabush wrote:seems that I should download the whole match... :)

btw,how was Dailly and Collins?
Dailly was Dailly. OK but a few dodgy parts. Collins was excellent.
yabush

Post by yabush »

Rob wrote: Dailly was Dailly. OK but a few dodgy parts. Collins was excellent.
great...how about Scaloni then...
andykerr

Post by andykerr »

Amazing what 2 days make, Saturday 4.50pm most people on here were slagging him off for resting players.

Now we are in semi's for the first time since 1991 at the end of the day he knows what he is doing lets give him credit
Harewood-3.16

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

HAHA, cant believe I forgot it was played at a neutral ground, still cant believe where in the semi's.

Anyway my mate was saying if we get into the final with Chelsea and we lose we dont get a UEFA Cup spot, is that true or not??
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

Joey Barton got made to look absolutely TWO BOB tonight by Nige - a top, top class performance from Nigel.

Reo Coker -------------------> Barton.

IRONS.
sledge hammer

Post by sledge hammer »

Supersoulfighter wrote:Ethers, Deano, Collins and Gabbs were all awesome tonight- absolutly first class. Shaka made some decent saves, Yossi and NRC were pretty quiet but that build up to the second goal was brilliant, true teamwork. f*cking awesome performance, Come On You Irons!
Yossi and NRC were great. what game were you watching mate?
Harewood-3.16

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

NRC was brilliant, Yossi created the 2nd goal so he gets a thumbs up from me, with a player like Yossi it only takes him 5 seconds to turn a poor game into a brilliant one, I thought Dailly was poor at right back though.
andykerr

Post by andykerr »

Harewood-3.16 wrote:HAHA, cant believe I forgot it was played at a neutral ground, still cant believe where in the semi's.

Anyway my mate was saying if we get into the final with Chelsea and we lose we dont get a UEFA Cup spot, is that true or not??
Runners up will get spot if Winners have already qualified .

Anyway its our year
DamnYankee

Post by DamnYankee »

Well with all the crap Pardew was getting from some the last few days he must be vindicated today... not only because resting the players proved worthwhile but how smart was he to sign Ashton at 7 million at a time when many were saying that is way overpriced - he is looking more and more like a bargain every day, and he is still so young, just wait until next year!!
The Dude

Post by The Dude »

well said
FloridaHammer

Post by FloridaHammer »

Just got done watching the tape. Very proud of our boys. Got a bit of a heart attack at the end but the Claret & Blue pull thorugh.

All the Way Irons.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 754 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Anyone else who watched the game on the Beeb think Mark Bright's had a crush on Richards for Man City?

He must've remarked "ooh, he's so big, he's so strong" at least 23 times in the 1st half alone :D :D :D
XIRONSX

Post by XIRONSX »

steveyrockstar wrote:Anyone else who watched the game on the Beeb think Mark Bright's had a crush on Richards for Man City?

He must've remarked "ooh, he's so big, he's so strong" at least 23 times in the 1st half alone :D :D :D
:lol: Made the exact same point earlier in the commentators thread
Tommy Cockles

Post by Tommy Cockles »

Any links to clips of goals and/or highlights? Would be much appreciated
knutknacker

Post by knutknacker »

Tommy Cockles wrote:Any links to clips of goals and/or highlights? Would be much appreciated
if you look earlier in this thread, someone posted up a gif of ashton's first goal. the bbc has a crap 2x2-o-vision "highlights" thing:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/video_a ... 304501.stm

which has the added bonus of looking like it has been filmed underwater - otherwise keep an eye open for the usual suspects....
Tommy Cockles

Post by Tommy Cockles »

knutknacker wrote: if you look earlier in this thread, someone posted up a gif of ashton's first goal. the bbc has a crap 2x2-o-vision "highlights" thing:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/video_a ... 304501.stm

which has the added bonus of looking like it has been filmed underwater - otherwise keep an eye open for the usual suspects....
Nice one Mr. Knacker. Thanks
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

Tommy Cockles wrote:Any links to clips of goals and/or highlights? Would be much appreciated
You can download the full match from http://www.fbtz.com if you're able to use torrents on your computer.
wanstead
Raw Meat
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by wanstead »

Just got back home after having travelled up to Manchester.
Great team performance from all the players.
James Collins and Danny G were outstanding.
REo-Coker and Mullins bossed the midfield., with Yossi and Etherington giving us good width
Ashton's first goal was brillant.Harewood's running was tireless as ever.
Pardew's team selection was spot on. Brave decision to pick Collins at c-back and to play Dailly at r-back.Where are all the knockers now.

Estimate 6000 Hammers there. Not bad for a Monday night, when the game was live on the beeb. In the words of The Guardian "the visiting partisans hollered their theme in delirious celebration, though the only bubble which burst here was blue."

Roll on the semi-final, hopefully on the Saturday to avoid clashing with London Marathon - which I'm running.
BMU.WIC

Post by BMU.WIC »

Stuck doing a night shift tonight - only got to see the last half-hour... nervy final 10!!!

Cannot believe we're there... no clashes with work either, fingers crossed.

Give me Charlton, Middlesbrough or Birmingham and I'll be a happy man. Guarantee we draw Mickeys or Ch£l$ki though.