FAC6: Manchester City 1 West Ham Utd 2 (20/03/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

mattcox10

Post by mattcox10 »

bluebutterfly wrote: :lol:
ANd Yossi's clearly loving watching it crying 'let me in let me in'! :lol:
Rotterdam Iron

Man C - WHU

Post by Rotterdam Iron »

Its 10:15Hour (local time) now and i am still smilling from ear to ear :lol: :lol:
Great night for the club. The fans were outstanding !

Lets hop we get Charlton at home an make it to the Final !

Rotterdam Iron

Feyenoord Rotterdam - West Ham Utd 4 Life
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
Has liked: 1 like

Post by bluebutterfly »

mattcox10 wrote: ANd Yossi's clearly loving watching it crying 'let me in let me in'! :lol:
Hes thinking "i wanted to be on top of Ashton too"
GreenWitch Hammer

Post by GreenWitch Hammer »

bluebutterfly wrote: Hes thinking "i wanted to be on top of Ashton too"
By the look on his face I'd say he's just inserted something somewhere he shouldn't! :wink:
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1059 likes

Stu

Post by pezza20 »

Thanks very much for your advice on parking - it was a great spot apart from trying to avoid knocking city fans down when I tried to turn right after the game. Wasn't a great result for you guys but take solice in the fact you got the score right, just the wrong way round!!
stumcfc

Re: Stu

Post by stumcfc »

pezza20 wrote:Thanks very much for your advice on parking - it was a great spot apart from trying to avoid knocking city fans down when I tried to turn right after the game. Wasn't a great result for you guys but take solice in the fact you got the score right, just the wrong way round!!
No probs, you get used to it after 2.5 yrs of turning right! General concensus amongst the blues today seems to be "typical city, always feck up at the wrong time!", but also that we'd rather have got beat by WHU than some pile of ***** like Oldham last year. Not one thing i've seen begrudges you the win, fully deserved, hope you go on and win it. :thup:
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1059 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Stu - you've taken the defeat well, I think if Musampa had taken advantage of our Moses impression in the first 10 mins who knows what would have happened. Interesting thing was I was listening to some City phone in on the car radio and disappointingly they were saying that of all the teams they felt you would turn over they would have rather had us, bit strange that one when Charlton, Boro and Brum are still in there and are well below us in the table.

Others were slating Pearce but I think with your strikeforce decimated you were always going to struggle to score goals last night. We just had that little more quality up front. Normally City and Hammers fans have got on fairly well so I was also surprised to see objects being thrown at us, still I suppose that what happens when its a cup game.
stumcfc

Post by stumcfc »

pezza20 wrote:Stu - you've taken the defeat well, I think if Musampa had taken advantage of our Moses impression in the first 10 mins who knows what would have happened. Interesting thing was I was listening to some City phone in on the car radio and disappointingly they were saying that of all the teams they felt you would turn over they would have rather had us, bit strange that one when Charlton, Boro and Brum are still in there and are well below us in the table.

Others were slating Pearce but I think with your strikeforce decimated you were always going to struggle to score goals last night. We just had that little more quality up front. Normally City and Hammers fans have got on fairly well so I was also surprised to see objects being thrown at us, still I suppose that what happens when its a cup game.
I think what most fans (me included) thought about the draw was that with WHU it would be a good open game and that you wouldnt come for the draw and try to spoil things. We never beat Boro (theyre only in the uefa cup cos fat boy fowler missed a penner on the last day last season!), brum are just dire but capable of coming for and getting a boring 0-0, as are Charlton. Bolton? I would rather eat my own vomit than watch them again this season. So WHU were the only ones left when you take Chelsea and Liverpool out!

I think there are alot of similarities between us and whu. Both underachieved over the last few years, but with a lot of history. Great fan bases and fans that are the envy of most clubs.

Sorry about the knobheads, sounds like you had an encounter with the "****ers corner" as the City fans call them...!! Didnt see that as i was half way up the east stand, but i did see a bit of trouble in the concourse after when people were trying to open the barrier. Leave them to it, they'd probably been on the pop most of the day.
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
Has liked: 1 like

Post by bluebutterfly »

GreenWitch Hammer wrote: By the look on his face I'd say he's just inserted something somewhere he shouldn't! :wink:
Can't think what you mean :lol:
eddie_whufc
Location: Anywhere Sarah Harding from Girls Aloud eases her bikini top off

Post by eddie_whufc »

stumcfc wrote: I think what most fans (me included) thought about the draw was that with WHU it would be a good open game and that you wouldnt come for the draw and try to spoil things. We never beat Boro (theyre only in the uefa cup cos fat boy fowler missed a penner on the last day last season!), brum are just dire but capable of coming for and getting a boring 0-0, as are Charlton. Bolton? I would rather eat my own vomit than watch them again this season. So WHU were the only ones left when you take Chelsea and Liverpool out!

I think there are alot of similarities between us and whu. Both underachieved over the last few years, but with a lot of history. Great fan bases and fans that are the envy of most clubs.

Sorry about the knobheads, sounds like you had an encounter with the "****ers corner" as the City fans call them...!! Didnt see that as i was half way up the east stand, but i did see a bit of trouble in the concourse after when people were trying to open the barrier. Leave them to it, they'd probably been on the pop most of the day.
Stu! You're a Gent and probably one of the many decent, honest Northerners I lived amongst for 5 years. Lovely Levenshulme and strutting my stuff in 5th Avenue many weekends.

Good luck for that UEFA Cup place and see you down here next month perhaps.
KFC Kirky

Post by KFC Kirky »

Stu - I totally agree, I have always considered city my '2nd club' and have a lot of time for the real Manchester supporters. I was lucky enough to go to the 5-1 drubbing of United at Maine Road when Mel Machins babes (including Bishop and Morley) hammered United.

That team was set to dominate Manchester but arguably your best of the bunch (Paul Lake) got a career ending injury and the team got broken up. Was also at the game when at UP when Dicks scored a 35 yard screamer and Maine road for our only previous cup tie when Kinky dribbled past 20 West Ham players to score.

Good luck for the rest of the season from a Hammer but adopted blue.
stumcfc wrote: I think what most fans (me included) thought about the draw was that with WHU it would be a good open game and that you wouldnt come for the draw and try to spoil things. We never beat Boro (theyre only in the uefa cup cos fat boy fowler missed a penner on the last day last season!), brum are just dire but capable of coming for and getting a boring 0-0, as are Charlton. Bolton? I would rather eat my own vomit than watch them again this season. So WHU were the only ones left when you take Chelsea and Liverpool out!

stumcfc

Post by stumcfc »

Ahhhh....5-1, 23/09/89. My i'll remember that date til the day i die! First derby i'd been to (i was 10) and i remember going in school on the monday and getting tw@tted by a few red knobs because i kept waving my 5 fingers at them. I was only being friendly..!! Machin got the sack a few weeks after! You got Bish and Trev and we got Mark Ward. Cheers.

Paul Lake was the greatest prospect City have had in a long long time. Speak to anyone in the know, even biased reds, and that lad would have been England captain for years if he hadnt done his cruciate. Think he was probably the one of the first ones to do it and if it has been a few yrs later they would have been able to save his career. He was out for 2 yrs, worked hard to get back then in his second game back, did it again. Grown men cried that night at Middlesborough as they could see it was the end. He was crying as well going off the pitch. He was only 22/23.

Only ever been to UP once before. We won, think it was either 2-1 or 3-2, we scored a penner right near the end and Colin Hendry slipped as he took it and it trickled in about 3mph!! Was very funny. Fancy a visit next month though. Might get a game if i take my boots looking at this....

From MCFC.CO.UK
"After a busy few days for the Carrington medical staff we can bring you the latest injury updates – not helped by last night’s additions to the long list.

Stephen Jordan…
Awaiting scan results on an ankle knock. The full back jarred bones in his left ankle during last night’s game.

Joey Barton…
Also awaiting scan results on a medial ligament strain in his left knee to determine the full extent of the damage.

Andrew Cole…
The striker continues to make slow progress as he recovers from an operation on his left knee.

Albert Riera…
The Spanish winger strained his left thigh muscle in last night’s cup defeat. The injury is not thought to be a long-term problem.

Trevor Sinclair…
Expected to be out for anything up to two weeks after suffering a medial ligament strain in his right knee during Saturday’s defeat to Wigan.

Antoine Sibierski…
Dead leg picked up against Wigan on Saturday – again looking at up to two weeks out.

Georgios Samaras…
Replaced Sibierski on Saturday and went on to damage his left ankle ligament following a challenge by Paul Scharner. Started rehab and likely to be out for a number of weeks.

Claudio Reyna…
The American midfielder could face between three to four weeks on the sidelines with an injured left shoulder.

Never mind, only Chelsea away on saturday. Any gamblers out there lump on a >4 defeat, we're going to have to play the feckin youth team by the sounds of things!

KFC Kirky wrote:Stu - I totally agree, I have always considered city my '2nd club' and have a lot of time for the real Manchester supporters. I was lucky enough to go to the 5-1 drubbing of United at Maine Road when Mel Machins babes (including Bishop and Morley) hammered United.

That team was set to dominate Manchester but arguably your best of the bunch (Paul Lake) got a career ending injury and the team got broken up. Was also at the game when at UP when Dicks scored a 35 yard screamer and Maine road for our only previous cup tie when Kinky dribbled past 20 West Ham players to score.

Good luck for the rest of the season from a Hammer but adopted blue.
simon hammer
Has liked: 957 likes
Total likes: 739 likes

Post by simon hammer »

That's grim reading on the injury front stu. I feel you really missed Samaras last night, and I thought Riera was a class act too. Sibierski and Reyna would be a big loss to any team, especially given the length of time they'll be out for. Hopefully they won't be back for your league game with us on the 15th of next month though!
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Stu, I think this comment from one of your fans I overheard coming away from the ground last night sums it up really...

"10 men? We wouldn't have beaten them tonight with 13 men!" :lol:

Hope the injuries sort themselves out for you soon, although preferably not before the 15th :wink:

Can I just say as well, my first away game for ages (last minute decision as I was up in Leeds on business), the support was superb and I still can't talk properly because of a sore throat!