West Ham Utd 0 Charlton Ath 0 (02/04/06)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

dave28

Post by dave28 »

I really think konch needs a rest IMO he is no where near the player that started with us
wolf359
Has liked: 1587 likes
Total likes: 1735 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Darling wrote:A respectable performance but I wish we were more productive from corner kicks.
We have been like that from coners and free-kicks for ages (pre-Pardew). Was very much a 'end of season' game. IF we play them in the semi it will be a whole different affair. Bent didn't play for them at all today. Though Anton did well at RB but wasn't really tested so hard to tell if he could manage it against better oposition.
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

missed the reason for the substitution - was Ashton coming off just tactical or did he have an injury.
jastons
Has liked: 894 likes
Total likes: 851 likes

Post by jastons »

Larry wrote:missed the reason for the substitution - was Ashton coming off just tactical or did he have an injury.
Jeff Shreeves on Sky said Ashton didnt have an injury but Pardew has just said he thought Dean looked a bit jaded.
dave28

Post by dave28 »

Larry wrote:missed the reason for the substitution - was Ashton coming off just tactical or did he have an injury.
I think he came off because he was non existant
I am law

Post by I am law »

Romfordboy wrote:Mullins MOM well deserved.
Thought Gabs deserved it, not a foot wrong all game.
Clean sheet was best thing about an uneventful match.
dave28

Post by dave28 »

I will be glad when carrol is back between the sticks as well as hislop has done he just looks too static for me
eddie_whufc
Location: Anywhere Sarah Harding from Girls Aloud eases her bikini top off

Post by eddie_whufc »

Just got home. To be honest, the game had 0-0 written all over it within 15 minutes. A point is a point but Sheringham scoring on his Birthday is more Hollywood than East London.

*yawn*

Roll on the next match.
Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

Just got back.
I thought we deserved to win but some aspects still worry me.
Konch can't tackle. Reo looked lost. Ashton; what the **** was that all about?
Thank Christ for the sheep shaggers. I thought Collins was Man of The Match closely followed by Gabs and Marlene.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Post Horn Gallop wrote:Just got back.
I thought we deserved to win but some aspects still worry me.
Konch can't tackle. Reo looked lost. Ashton; what the **** was that all about?
Thank Christ for the sheep shaggers. I thought Collins was Man of The Match closely followed by Gabs and Marlene.
even chris powell out done deano for pace first half :?
WestHam4Life

Post by WestHam4Life »

we need a goal..................oh thats a great idea lets take off ashton and marlon the two people who can score and replace them with katan and teddy 'just coz its his birthday' Sheringham.

Please, marlon was the only one who looked lively today and zamora when he came on.

On another note mullins and gabbidon were outstanding today. Gabbs got in some very important headers in his own box, i just wish someone would throw him forward when we have a corner

Rant over
stockwell pete
Yellow card - flaming

Post by stockwell pete »

Southend Hammer wrote:We deserved to win that. Two goal line clearances and the majority of the goal attempts. Seemed like NRC had a quiet game.
:shock: I agree. vomit
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

, i just wish someone would throw him forward when we have a corner

i have been saying that for ages.
Viking_Hammer
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Viking_Hammer »

Pardew was very annoyed in the post match interview, I have to say he showed a new side of him I like. He was not happy about the ref and thought we should have won the game.

Did anyone else see it?
Arabian Hammer

Post by Arabian Hammer »

I though Collins and Gabbidon were excellent. Not sure what Mullins did to deserve MOM. Collins for me.

Konch was busy all game, but how many balls did he give away through bad passing? Again!

Teddy was far more involved than Ashton and added a lot to the side. Bobby looked up for it too - just wished he had a bit more time on the park. I can see Ashton getting rested next game and Bobby and Marlene working it together. The last 10 minutes were pretty good. If we had gone for it like that the entire second half we would surely have won. It was soooooo close from Teddy AND Bobby
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

A pretty dull game we could've and probably deserved to win slightly more than Charlton

Some ratings.

Hislop 6 - Little to do

Ferdinand 6 - Looked ok at RB, but is a better CB
Gabbidon 8 - Again a rock in defence
Collins 8 - Looks twice the player alongside Gabbs
Konchesky 7 - Personally thought he had a good game. We got most of our joy down the left

Benayoun 7 - Quiet 1st half, but looked sharp in the 2nd half
Mullins 9 - Excellent. Broke up the play they had and was always available for a team mate.
NRC 6 - Energetic as usual, but little end product. Really needs addressing IMO.
Etherington 8.5 - Scared the life out of Young and the Spector had no idea how to deal with him. They ended up doubling up on him for a lot of the game.

Harewood 8 - Never stopped working and looked dangerous
Ashton 5 - Poor

Subs.

Teddy 5 - Did he actually do anything in the first half hour he was on?
Zamora 6 - Looked sharp in the short time he had
Katan 6 - Little chnace to get in the game, but showed some good touchs
The Delephant Man

Post by The Delephant Man »

cockney hammer wrote:
at least i can leave ten minutes befor kick off :wink:
I used to live closer than that :wink:

Collins and Gabbs looked very solid, I was very impressed and Anton did well at right back. A sign of things to come? Better as CB though.

Mullins played very well but Colly or Gabby deserved MOM for me. Thought Yossi had a quiet game despite a couple of very good runs. Deano looked very jaded, right from the kick off and just before the game started had his head in his hands for about a minute!!

Another point on the board.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by MadMart »

I thought Collins was superb, Gabbers and Anton too. Marlon on the right also looked a decent solution, again.

NRC wasn't even at the races, and I know it's his birthday, but f*** me Ashton was a better option.

Enjoy Dubai you ****ers. Yossi should have won that for us - never mind - Chelsea next, then Man City and the Semi Final ....
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2608 likes
Total likes: 936 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

The Delephant Man wrote: I used to live closer than that :wink:

Collins and Gabbs looked very solid, I was very impressed and Anton did well at right back. A sign of things to come? Better as CB though.

Mullins played very well but Colly or Gabby deserved MOM for me. Thought Yossi had a quiet game despite a couple of very good runs. Deano looked very jaded, right from the kick off and just before the game started had his head in his hands for about a minute!!

Another point on the board.
Hope Powell ....isn't she the England Women's football team manager???
Viking_Hammer
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Viking_Hammer »

Just had a look at the player ratings on skysports.com, and I find it very strange that they vote Mullins MotM on skysports yet he only gets a 6 on the website.... :?