PAOK Saloniki 2 West Ham United 1 (06/08/06) PSF

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

He can take Ashley Cole's place at left back.
PaulTheHammer

Post by PaulTheHammer »

daniel wrote: Wot no Matty? :? :wink:
Matty is a clear example of a man who really should be in the England squad but never will be until he is at another club. It's a crying shame and a real waste, because quite clearly the 'elite' of the Premiershp could not cut it at the World Cup, so why not Matty indeed? You would hope that a new manager means new opportunities although I wouldn't bet on it.

Time for a "Matty For England" petition again. :D
yabush

Post by yabush »

good morning everyone... :lol:

a creepy lineup,
but I am glad to see Roy and Deano return
yabush

Post by yabush »

The Greece pre-season friendlies were interesting

In the Aris game,
I was already surprised by playing Teddy in CM
and Noble at the RB after some substitutions

and this game was great
with Matty starting in LB and Deano in CM (no more surprises though :lol: )
I love Bywater playing in field and Kevin Keen coming up
really interesting

by the way,hope Roy gets better ASAP,
maybe he is not confident enough
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

I'm beginning to wonder what it means when the official site purposely makes no mention of the Bywater/Keen substitutions but mentions all the other ones... tis strange no?

Maybe they didn't want Pards finding out :lol:.
yabush

Post by yabush »

was pards gone for some transfer stuff?

hopefully yes
Stratford Hammer
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Stratford Hammer »

I tihnk it's quality that Kevin Keen was able to run out again in the Claret and Blue! I bet he ****ing loved it!
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

I think it's good that we are trying different things. Don't stress, people; I think this is a very good squad and have high hopes for this season.
MartinPeters

Post by MartinPeters »

Does anyone know if this was a full stregnth PAOK team or did they include a lot of reserve players like we did?

If they were at full strength I think our squad gave a pretty good account of itself (at least until the substitutions started).
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Lufbra Iron wrote:I tihnk it's quality that Kevin Keen was able to run out again in the Claret and Blue! I bet he ****ing loved it!
He's made several appearances for the reserves since returning so should be reasonably match fit.

Bywater on the other hand ...
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

You can see Mullins giggling like a little girl as he realizes he's coming off for Bywater, so that's either from disbelief or it was planned but it's still funny that it was actually happening for him. Didn't he give him the captains armband too?

I loved the lunge at the ball Stevie made in the PAOK area, thought he was gonna take somebody out :shock:.
jastons
Has liked: 902 likes
Total likes: 859 likes

Post by jastons »

How old is Kevin Keen?
Lee_WHU

Post by Lee_WHU »

Born in Feb 67, would make him 39 if I'm not mistaken?
Aris FC

Post by Aris FC »

MartinPeters wrote:Does anyone know if this was a full stregnth PAOK team or did they include a lot of reserve players like we did?

If they were at full strength I think our squad gave a pretty good account of itself (at least until the substitutions started).
Yes this was Paok's full strength squad, including three transfers that have recently signed for them and one Serbian player who is on trial by them.

However, some of the last year's first-team players have left the team, either as a transfer or they were released because of debts. So some of the backups were in the line-up yesterday and they will become first-team players this year.

Paok finished 6th in the table last year, they won a position for the UEFA Cup but they failed to provide the official papers demanded by the European Federation so they were eliminated; their position was taken by Atromitos Athens, the 7th team of the table.

As I have told you before, about the match against my team, Aris FC, the weather in Thessaloniki these days is really hot, so your team could not perform according to its ability; furthermore I find out that your team wasn't so worried about these matches, since you used Bywater and Keen as outfield players.